1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just The Numbers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jordnnnn, Oct 25, 2021.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

What I gather from all these early line up numbers is pretty much nothing.

Kind of an interesting peak into what our team has done with certain guys on the floor but it’s so early.

Porter statistically has probably been our worst individual player in the “regular” rotation, but most of our “successful” lineups are with him in there. Could mean his defense and playmaking(not just direct assists)outside of the turnovers are being overlooked. Could be random small sample wonkiness.

Green hasn’t been great but I wouldn’t say he has been awful either. And yet he shows up in just about all of our worst lineups. Could be his defense is really that bad, could be just random small sample stuff. Hard to say just yet.

D-rock and NewAge like this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Do you know how many times I watched that absurd free throw form?? Like at least 9 times. Wow…

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that's also because as bad as Porter is, DJ Augustine has been equally awful as being a PG.

Porter is by default our best ball handling guard which is sad AF considering what he's been doing. Gordon can't dribble, Neither can Green. Tate sometimes takes the ball down, but it doesn't happen too often.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm more surprised that Green is in every grouping but 2 out of the 11 groupings.

His defense is so much worse than I thought.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, we are just really raw.

DD

6. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Be careful. I was told that only a dimwit believes that Green isn’t already above average on defense.

D-rock likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Green gets lost on defense...a lot. Almost every play or every other play. You see so many guys wide open because of it.

I think he actually can stay in front of his man but the problem is he just gets bowled over, I'm not sure if he's ever going to be strong enough to be good there but he's going to have to improve defensive IQ and just being a savvy defender. Curry also isn't strong but understands positioning and also how to leverage being the smaller guy. Smaller guys can be a lot more physical and can get away with a lot more. Green should work on establishing himself as a physical defender so that in the future the refs let him get away with more bumping and annoying little old man things...see Beverly, just being a pest and making guys uncomfortable.

But it's actually not that bad if he gets pushed into the lane if we have a good shot blocking big...getting lost on defense though kills the team. Giving up open 3 pointers is something he has to simply not do.

Thankfully, Green's 19 and these reps are what's needed for him to hopefully improve...IF the coaches are adamant on teaching him better habits and correcting his mistakes...if not, then he'll keep being a bad defender years into his career.

D-rock, cmlmel77 and NewAge like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Just the numbers top 5 players so far

Gordon
    House
    Martin
    Wood
    Sengun

Maybe should be our starting lineup