1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Martin Jr Needs To Play Over House!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 25, 2021.

1. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

i tought i was only one thinking nwaba is not bad at all also think his vet presence is better than homeless and Ego for 2 nd team.

Joe Rocket and Imanimal like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Unfortunately he can’t shoot. I’d still play him over House. I’d rather see KJM and/or Garuba get those minutes. We should gradually move Brooks and Jaygup in over Gordan after we lose another ten games or so. If by some miracle, we start winning a few games then Gordan will continue to get run.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Definitely didn’t think my reply was clever, just thought yours was ignorant. And not in the offensive way, but as in not fully thinking about the situation and quickly dismissive of other perspectives.

house sucked last year. His value isn’t going down. It can’t get any lower. You hide him on the bench and everyone will assume he can’t even get PT why should they bother trading for him. But he has one or two really good games and everyone suddenly thinks hmm maybe he’s worth taking a stab at.

Eric Gordon can play like ass but the league knows who he is and what he provides. Just like Wall, he has plenty of good years on his resume. House has some moments, that’s it. And he hasn’t had moments in 1-2 years. He has to prove his worth. You play Gordon because you need SOME veteran presence for these young guys. I don’t know any teams that JUST play 19 year olds. They always sprinkle in veterans. Because coaches don’t want the literal kids to run around lost, continually getting their ass beat. You don’t grow from that unless you’re extremely tough. Most 19 year olds cower and shrink in those situations and I believe Silas is trying to avoid overloading them.

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

“Hope” is typically considered a bad strategy.

5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Sad reality is that we may have to attach a second round pick to get someone to take his salary off our hands.

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is the scenario you're supporting - "House's trade value cant get any lower and he sucks so lets play him so he can ruin team chemistry and rob young players of minutes"
    I beg you to take a look at what you're saying and think about it next time and dont reply just to reply.

With Gordon just like my previous post you're ignoring the part where I said that he doesnt need to be played when he is playing badly he is being over played. He should not get that many minutes over Martin jr when he plays like ass. I didnt say you should never play Gordon when he is on he's amazing the problem is he's incredibly streaky and Silas plays him when he's clearly struggling. Thats not going to help his trade value it will tank it. Playing vets like this will result in young players giving up because its showing you dont beleive in them. Certainly at this point House's situation is that he is not very good and houston already doesnt like him, you play him over younger guys that people actually want to pay to watch play basketball they are gonna be angry. There is no team looking at House right now thinking yeah we need that guy every minute he plays is a minute he proves he shouldnt be in the league.

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He's great when you play him at the right time. When you clearly need shooting like in Minnesota and he's refusing to take open 3's thats when you dont play him, KJ would be better in that situation. When you have a star going off but the scoring is good you play him. House came in and immediately had to guard Tatum. It would have been a much better decision to put Nwaba there.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’ve thought about what I’ve said. Thanks.

ruin team chemistry? It’s 3 games into the season that most everyone here thinks is lost anyways — which is why they want to play ONLY youngins.

That may be your coaching philosophy but I don’t know of any NBa coaches who coach that way. They don’t sit proven veterans when they’re not playing well, particularly this early in the season. If a young guy is going to give up 3 games into the season because a proven vet like Ego is getting minutes than that player is mentally weak and won’t amount to shutting regardless of PT.

And I agree, no one right now is looking at House and thinking “we need him!” But all it takes is 1-2 games, he starts to hit his 3 again, shows energy and athleticism and teams will consider taking a small gamble on him for even a late second round. We can afford to throw him out there early in the season when guys are still trying to find their legs.

and I know what you were saying with Ego. I was disagreeing with you.

we have nothing to lose with House. We either bench him and pay money for him to sit on the bench, we cut him and pay his salary to sit at home, or we hope someone will take him for anything, even an expiring, a second round pick, some stashed euro, whatever it may be. Teams have made dumber trades than this.

And I can’t emphasize this enough, it’s been 3 games. You’re not throwing away a guys development or the season by not playing him an extra grand total of 20 minutes over 3 games…

9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You trade him plus 2nd rd pick for peanuts might work.

hakeem94 and Joe Rocket like this.
  10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

When 3 games turns to half a season you're going to have a tough time using this excuse. It again makes no sense when House's contract is not that bad to play him when he is god awful. He is on his last year of his contract. "No coach is going to sit a proven veteran when he's playing bad" Isnt John Wall a proven vet and much more proven than House? I dont know what basketball you watch but that is literally something that happens everyday in the NBA. Unless that player is a star there is no reason to play role players who are playing badly over other role players who are sitting right there especially. Its boderline idiotic, he's not James Harden and your post reads as someone who is disagreeing just to disagree. So im gonna let you have your opinion on this one and I will agree to disagree. There's no value in having Danuel House play over younger players like KMJ who is now a vet and he proved himself last year much more than House did so thats one area where you're wrong for a fact because he is a proven vet being sit for trash.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

When 3 games turns into half a season you’ll have a point. Until then…it’s 3 games. John wall isn’t being played because he has a huge contract and they DEFINITELY can’t trade him if he’s injured.

oh thanks for letting me have my opinion! You so kind.

12. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I have a point now and it shouldnt take half a season to realize that. That time is better served rebuilding the right way.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Joe Rocket likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I disagree because your point is it stifles development and my point is 3 games doesn’t stifle development when most coaches don’t play their rookies 30 minutes the first month of the season anyways.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Well first we are talking about KMJ but any player who isnt getting playing time isnt getitng in playing shape. NBA playing shape is not something you get sitting on the bench. You need to actually play. This is SIlas rotation so Im not sure why youre saying 3 games it'll be 4 games tonight lol We may have won one of those games if he changed his rotation and we dont get those games back. Wasting games playing players who arent a part of your future is puzzling. You have not made one logical point yet.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

By not making a logical point you mean not agreeing with you. Sure okay.

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

No NBA coach sits a NBA vet playing badly - Thats not true

Trade value will go up the more they play - Thats not true not if they play badly

Someone also mentioned to you earlier that if playing someone increases trade value then why arent they playing Wall. The answer to that is "to develop KPJ" My answer to you would be "but its only been 3 games" LMAO Seriously though if they are sitting wall to develop KPJ they need to be doing the same thing with House and KMJ.

"It's only been 3 games" - They play again tonight so tomorrow you'll say "its only been 4 games" and you're willing to go half the season not developing players just to try to trade House who is on the last year of his contract.

Finally I only bring up logic because thats what you said about your post earlier. When most of the things you've posted arent opinion they are just not true. There is a distinct difference between logic and lies.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I agree that it's probably time to sit House. At this point any value he had has gotten worse. And even if some team is willing to take him whatever we'd get is probably not gonna be as valuable as kj2 getting in game reps.

But I do think it's different than Wall. I think they wanted kpj to start and I don't think Wall wanted to come off the bench. Also Wall has an extensive injury history. Better to just flash freeze that guy and preserve whatever value he may have with the slim hope some team gets desperate around the trade deadline.

20. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

What team would give the 60th pick for House?