1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston @ Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 18, 2021.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Did you watch the Patriots game or just check stats?

The second TD to Chris Moore was was a poor decision, it wasn't covered poorly, just a Jacques Reeves style play on the ball by the corner. The safety overcommitted to the sideline and took himself out of the play. Moore made a hell of a play, and Mills threw it with some zip, but half the time that's a pick.

Third TD was a flea flicker, and it was timed up perfectly by Tim Kelly. Mills nearly overthrew Conley who was open by 5 yards.

Look, I'm not saying he doesn't do some good things. In that game specifically he was lasering throws, no doubt shocking the defenders in the process. The first TD to the TE was a rifle right over the linebacker. He definitely looked good. But that's one game, by far his best thus far, and even in that game there are egregious errors.

His wow plays look really nice and his trash plays are a sportscenter not-top-10 list of comedy. He's a rookie, with 15 starts since HS or whatever, playing on a pathetically rostered team, with zero running game and a skiddish offensive line. He also has a pinata as his HC.

Again, I get it. I also don't care. He isn't the future, and if he is then it'll just be more bullshit from this organization like always.

DatRocketFan and Verbal Christ like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I thihk Mills could benefit from working behind a proven veteran - injury history or not. When Tyrod was in there we looked damn good. Same receivers, same line. Same RBs.

We'll still lose with Tyrod more than likely, but like with the Rockets at least the games will be somewhat entertaining. You keep throwing Mills out there like a lamb to the slaughter and you will break him. Give him a chance next training camp and see if he's learned how to be a professional QB by then.

Commodore likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve watched every second of every game.

I’ve also watched the other rookies game this year, have you?

You made the claim that Mills is the worst, Fields has looked like straight trash Wilson has looked like trash except for one game.

4. STR8Thugg

Alright he's not the worst! Yay!

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s not really even the point. Excuses are made for the others while Mills gets **** on.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Oh no doubt that Taylor gives us a better chance at winning or at the very least more entertaining games. Unfortunately neither one of those are all that important at this juncture (to me at least).

Giving time for Mills to learn under a vet is a valid point as I’m sure that was the original plan. But assuming the Texans have multiple 1st rounders going into the draft, I’d rather them have all the data they need to decide whether or not to take a QB.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Even if mills is the best in what seems like a weak qb class, it doesn't justify us wasting time developing him. We need a superstar no point in developing the next mallet,savage, Yates, hoyer.
    Like 8 points in 3 games. I'm done for letting him play out the season if there's not improvement just move on

Fulgore and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If there’s no improvement absolutely move on. But there’s no way to accurately access him right now, and he’s shown some flashes. This team sucks, not just Mills.

9. STR8Thugg

[​IMG]

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

When I’m done, use it to show me where Mills touched you. Or Cal. Or Easterby.

You whiny ****s are something else

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Who would be a viable target at QB this year though? No sure fire blue chipper among them in this years crop. More than likely it will be a build the defense or trenches type of draft IMO at least. No need to draft a QB this year. Let Mills and Tyrod battle it out. Let the cream rise so to speak for another season and target 2023 as your QB draft. Im really liking Anthony Richardson from Florida as of late. Have always been a CJ Stroud fan even when resident analysts here took every opportunity to knock him down - he leads the NCAA in total QBR.

What you cant do is destroy Davis Mills and have nothing to work with moving forward. Tyrod can take it. Just my two cents at least. Be well.

12. STR8Thugg

Is this a joke?

You're b****ing that people are whining about the team?

It's a complete dumpster fire, Jack. If you can't understand that then I don't know what to tell you.

Mills may eventually be a serviceable QB, but he isn't right now. Anyone thinking he should be the future is delusional.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Bless us with more future knowledge please. Just stop whining while you do.

14. STR8Thugg

Okay how about you give us the righteous, optimistic pep-talk?

Clearly I'm not seeing it, so preach to me Jack!

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, of course your logic thinks I’m defending ineptitude. Idiotic.
    All I’ve said is stop writing off a rookie in a **** situation and stop b****ing like a p***y.

16. STR8Thugg

"b****ing like a p***y"?

Are you 12?

No thanks. I'll continue to be critical when the Texans give me every reason in the book to do so. So many issues with this team, and Davis Mills is just a deuce in a house of cards. David Johnson targeted on 6/13 3rd down plays against ARZ? Cutting Miller bc we have banged up, geriatric Amendola? I could go on and on. In the grand scheme of things, most of these idiotic things the Texans do don't really matter that much. The things that matter are the upcoming draft, our own picks, and what we can get for Deshaun. I get that, but this organization didn't need to give me more reasons for pessimism, and they do so on a daily basis.

I'm the same person ripping Whitney Merciless and Randall Cobb for stealing money and then spewing garbage as soon as they left, so it's not like my motive is to hate on the Texans. This situation is completely ****ed, and regardless of Deshaun's own fault in the matter, the organization did more than enough to get the ball rolling on this dumpster fire. Furthermore, the fukery does not seem to have subsided in Bill O'Brien's absence, at all.

As for Mills, I am not overly optimistic and I see no reason whatsoever to pretend like he is the long-term answer at starting QB.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m 12? But you’re sending memes of a therapy bear? Sound logic, really good.

This team is bad, period. From the top down.
    But I’m not writing off a rookie QB with Mills pedigree. Just like I wouldn’t write off Green after a bad preseason and first two games.
    Funny how some of the hypocrites act with different players.

18. STR8Thugg

Go on defending Mills tooth and nail if you must, just know others don't share in your blind optimism.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s obvious, just hypocritical.
    Patience doesn’t mean blind optimism.

Did you write off Green after bad games?

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I like Corral personally. He's shown a lot of improvement as a passer and is very mobile which would be a big plus behind this OL. Think you need to take the bpa with our pick but if we get another 1st rounder in a DW4 trade and Corral is available, I'd be really tempted at taking him if not sold on Mills. That is the main reason I'm advocating playing Mills the rest of the way. If he shows improvement, it furthers your case of giving him and possibly Tyrod another year.

As for Tyrod, he just hasn't proven that he "can take it." As a starter, he got injured week 3 with the Browns and didn't make it past week 2 with the Chargers/Texans.