1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experiment is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atam, Oct 20, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ja Morant and Zack Levine say hello.

This is the reason we can't have real discussions it's too much hyperbole to make a point.

You still should be concerned if you can build a team around him, very concerned SMH.

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that would be a bad take if that's what I said. It's a good thing I didn't say that. In fact, I implied the opposite - I'm aware he has more in his bag than the catch and shoot stuff. I watched every single one of his G league games after the rockets drafted him. I went and saw him in person in summer league. I've seen what he's capable of, I know he's more than a catch-and-shoot guy, so I asked him to show it. And he did.

tinman likes this.
  3. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

I will continue to use single game +/- but only when I feel it supports the point I’m trying to make. Whenever it supports the opposite point, I will steadfastly reject it as sorcery.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Bumped to put the two together where they belong.

harold bingo likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I had someone tell me yesterday that Green is Korver
    because he hit 8/10 to get 30 points.

Doncic was 7/11 from 3 last game in getting 25 points.

Welcome to the Korver Klub Doncic

6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I did not see a Stone Cold Stunner, and it was not 40 but Green ended the thread quickly against Boston. Imma gonna give a Silas Spinebuster!

[​IMG]

steddinotayto likes this.
  7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trade his ass back to g league

tycoonchip likes this.
  8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Is it over again? Asking for a friend.

9. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Experiment is over again until he has a good game

10. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

A good game by a mediocre player happens almost every night in the NBA. People treating his one game as some sort of proof that he's some kind of answer are grasping at straws.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Silas plays Jalen Green like PJ Tucker, standing corner waiting Magic Porter pass the ball.

Shocking.

Bo6 likes this.
  12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Same can be said about people using his bad games as some sort of proof that he is a mediocre player

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is going to be like the infamous "Fire McHale" thread that got bumped after every single loss when he was the coach.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I honestly think a lot of that is on Jalen Green. He has not been aggressive in most games. I have seen him standing around at that 3 point line a lot. And I don't think I have seen him call for the ball yet.

All of that said, I'm not worried. The kid has the potential. He's just got to play the games and figure it out.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He had a team leading 16 shots last night, I think he's being plenty aggressive, maybe too aggressive at times even, he just couldn't hit any shots. That's going to happen with streaky shooters like Green. One night they'll be on fire, the next they can't hit anything. Better consistency should come with age and experience.

red5rocket and houston19519 like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Current status:
    [​IMG]

Ride the rollercoaster!

TriumVirate, Easy, red5rocket and 2 others like this.
  17. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Jalen Green is a piece to this puzzle, he is a building block for the future. To say you should be concerned is a bit strange when there in the first year of the rebuild. Additional pieces will be added to the new Rockets future. Let’s see what they add for the future.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Ive been pleased with Green. I am ok with KPJ as PG but I have half a mind to swap their roles.

Green needs to dunk the basketball and stop trying to lay it up. There has been 3-4 instances where easy points were missed.

Shot creation looks good and very advanced.

Needs to gain strength and weight.

Silas needs to encourage him to run out of PnR more.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You don't judge him vs the whole league....it's vs the history of 19 year olds to have
    played in the NBA. Kobe, LeBron, etc.who have scored 30 or 40. Gives you a basis
    in which to compare. What his career may end up being.

Not etched in stone.....he needs to learn to seek out contact a little more when driving,
    much like when Gordon drove last night. Green often squirms to avoid contact.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would be tragic, Green is terrible with the ball by comparison.

If we move KPJ out of the PG spot, we'll be needing to move Green to SF or to the bench, DEFINITELY not to the PG spot.

That said, they are both doing just fine for those with proper expectations. It would be nice if KPJ would cut down on the turnovers more quickly just as it would be nice for Jalen Green to be able to shoot a basketball more consistently.....but they are super young players. You can't expect them to be league killers already.