1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experiment is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atam, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Over the first couple of days of the regular season, it was pretty evident in a few other games not involving the Rockets, just how bad the officials are at this early stage.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why they're so bad right now.

Tfor3 and Dobbizzle like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJr had 3 assists and 8 turnovers, yet had a better +/- than 30 point Jalen Green

people really shouldn’t be using single game +/-

34to11, jiggyfly and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

He's already shown a crazy first step, elite athleticism, and pretty good ballhandling.... It was a bad take to call him simply a catch and shoot player or Kyle Korver in the first place cuz he hit a few catch and shoot 3s....

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah I felt bad when they kept posting up Marcus Smart on Green, Green couldn't really hold his ground at all and we were forced to double team.

Green will look bad against stronger guards, but will look okay against people that relies more on speed and jump shots.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

In spite of what the haters are saying about KPJ his defense is getting better each game and I’ve seen nothing but hustle from him except on the occasions when he is frustrated with non-foul calls. He needs to get over that and get back on defense, of course there are very few vets that don’t do the exact same thing.

Zen Tabak and Denovo like this.
  6. Bo6

Bo6 Member

A lot of disrespect to Manu here. He would have been a superstar on a worse team. 4x NBA champion nonetheless...

go look at the previous 15 #2 picks. I'd be thrilled if Green was as good a Ginobli.

Also I'm surprised no one has slapped you yet calling Mobley the next Olajuwon....

#486 Bo6, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well then it's a good thing that's not what I said.

jordnnnn likes this.
  8. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I like how even though Jalen gets globbered in the paint and doesn't get a foul call, he never looked to complain. He would get up right away and get back on defense. His defense isn't good, but it's way better than advertised and you can tell he is trying really hard. He will be serviceable on the defensive end ... just need experience. Jalen is also very good at playing the passing lane

9. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Mans shot 8/10 from 3 and people are actually complaining about it?? Just lol

10. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

"We want the next Kobe, not the next Kyle Korver"

11. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah I like it too. The only thing I've seen him do is point at his wrist which I see as valid. The refs do need to know when I player is getting hammered. As long as he doesn't get in the Ego mode then im cool. You're right tho, I don't think he has lagged behind one time after a bad no call

Dobbizzle likes this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Let's be honest, if Green doesn't pan out, it will not be for lack of effort. You can see it in the way he plays, he's working his ass off.

13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Agree. U know how long it takes to paint those nails?!

14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Not nearly as long as it takes to get people out of the toxic masculinity mindset, evidently.

15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am impressed by his BBall IQ he usually makes the right play more times than not.

With his high level of skill and athleticism he should be above average player through his prime, I think he will never be a true franchise guy because of his size but he can be an all-star level guy.

He is looking like a shorter Zach Lavine with more all-around skill

boomboom likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I thought LiL Nas X was gonna be a 1 hit wonder but now I think he is actually a game-changer.

Don't really like this new age rap but I can see the appeal and I love his swagger and hustle and his IDGAF attitude.

I wondered how they got THE Sir Elton John to sign off and now I know.

Times are really changing.

#499 jiggyfly, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    BossHogg713 likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, it was a bad take because anyone watching him play could see he had more in his bag than catch and shoot 3's and I am a Mobley stan.

You should probably let this one go.