1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green - what are your expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Since when did you become a Green super fan?

Or become a superfan for anybody?

I have been away far too long.:D

Reeko likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I already knew this terrible thread would age like an avocado or yogurt left in the heat…DD really said Jalen Green should come off the bench…

[​IMG]

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still believe that, but he had a good game - we did lose though, and he and KPJ get in each others way.

DD

tycoonchip likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's wrong about everything. Guy is a clown

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

LOL, just stop and take the L

no, u don’t still believe that

Who cares that we lost. This team isn’t good, so they will be doing a lot of that regardless

KPJr is out here having games of 3 assists-9 turnovers, and 3 assists-8 turnovers, but it’s Green, our #2 overall pick, who should be coming off the bench…

[​IMG]

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Wait until we add Duran

7. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

[​IMG]

8. DaDakota

Green had a great game, for sure.

DD

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

he types up all these bad takes with such conviction…pretty sure he also said that he expects Green to average 13 ppg on 38% shooting

Even if Jalen Green ends up being inefficient like most rookies are, 13 points? Are u kidding me?

Dobbizzle, i3artow i3aller and King1 like this.
  10. DaDakota

I just think differently than you, it is not a bad take to say that Green and KPJ are basically the same type of player, and that they are trying to make KPJ into a PG when he is really a SG.

And, while Green had a great shooting night, his D is really bad - so, feel free to bash away, when this thread was a "What are your expectations of Green, this year?"

You act like I want him to fail, and that is the furthest from the truth, I want him to be the next Michael Jordan - but I also think he could learn from watching Ego for half a season, and it would accelerate Scoop's transition to PG, and make us better faster.

So, sure say it was a bad take, I am fine with that, but that doesn't change my thoughts or the process I think which gets us to being a contender faster.

Try thinking deeper - and more globally about the team.......

DD

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Spot on. It's absurd and he never admits when he's wrong. He always tries to find an out. He sure was praising Mobley though every chance he got

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

The same player? Lol, no. Jalen Green has a better jump shot and can get into the lane with ease and collapse the defense unlike Porter Jr.

Who cares about his defense right now. Most rookies are atrocious defensively, and defense is not why we drafted him at #2.

Learn from watching EG? Bonehead, low BBIQ, continuously makes bad decisions EG? That guy? U can’t be serious…

it’s not a bad take, it’s a horrendous take

King1 likes this.
  13. DaDakota

Ok, fine you are just here to play hard to like....got it......

DD

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are u not the one making ridiculous claims about players based off freaking preseason? And u won’t admit how bad that take was, instead u choose to double down

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah ok....... he is a below average defender. What exactly are some examples of players coming into the NBA their rookie year at the age of 19 that are scorers at the guard position or SF position and are good defenders as well the 3rd game into their career?? Please let me know who these players are.

When you tell me there are not any then tell me what is the point of bringing it up? It is to be expected that he would be below average. Do you want to talk about the weather next? Stating that it is wet outside when it rains and hot when it is August in Texas and it's sunny? Because that would be a really stimulating conversation.

ElDobleK, duluth111222 and King1 like this.
  16. conquistador#11

I would be more worried about Green if DD was his fan.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Mobley had 17 in a loss.

Member on CF mentioned in our game thread (I believe) how Mobley started to score
    most of those points in garbage time. I did not confirm it but I did go to a game
    tracker immediately and the game was out of hand with about 4 minutes left.

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

19. DaDakota

Man, you guys are missing the point entirely - I think having him and KPJ in the lineup at the same time, from the jump is going to slow their maturation process down.

And since KPJ is learning the harder position of PG, he should have someone that is next to him to help take the pressure off and make shots in Gordon, as he and KPJ are getting in each others way it seems.

I just think it would be BETTER for the team, at least for the first half of this year to have Green off the bench - I have nothing against him, I want him to be great.

I would have taken Mobley - as I always take the taller players because the NBA is a tall man's game - but now that we have Green, I am cheering for him like mad.

The point was that I BELIEVE it is best for the TEAM and THEIR DEVELOPMENT to have him off the bench - feel free to think otherwise....that is your opinion - it is ok with me.

Relax, it will be fine, he will be up and down all year....that is ok.

DD

peleincubus likes this.
  20. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Just STFU, no one cares about your opinions you clown. Jalen Green says to shut your ass up DD you hater! Hahaha

HTXSportsAddict and Dobbizzle like this.