1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 10/22/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 22, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo may need to start next to Porter.

Green would feast vs. 2nd units.

And JC, KJ and Garuba definitely need more burn over Augustine, House and Nwaba.

2. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Some quick observations from a nobody;

-Sengun forgot to put on his jersey. Lol!! It was brought to him right before tip off. Got clowned by the a couple of his teammates.

-Something needs to be done about Lucas taking over huddles and being so vocal before even Coach Silas gets a say. It’s almost as if he is the head coach. Everytime time out, players being subbed in and out… it’s him talking. Silas HAS to be our voice.it looked very awkward to see Silas having to wait for Lucas to finish his bravado. Cringeworthy, really.

-Kenyon Martin Sr. was NOT happy. He was literally talking trash to the coaching staff during the second half. “…And you can tell him I said it.” Really frustrated with his son’s lack of playing time, given it was a blow out. I wonder if this will become a “thing” and he will have to be removed or sat further back. He was really intense. Loved to see it, tho. His son’s spring/bounce is crazy to see in warmups!

- We need a vet that is a vocal leader. Gordon is a great vet to have as an example for the youngsters to follow. But he isn’t vocal at all. Too much playful energy on the bench. Not enough focus I felt.

- Green should have at least 3-4 plays called for him during the game. We must invest in him. That dunk that he missed was incredible to see live. He is truly special. Just needs time, and experience. Lots of it.

Bo6, clos4life, 34to11 and 5 others like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Green needs to trust his set shot when open, doesn't always need to dribble first.

sirjesse likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Garuba (and KJ) need MORE minutes.

Bo6, Denovo, ThatboyPhuong and 2 others like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Look at the finish their by KM, that should’ve been a an easy bucket in transition but he fumbled the pass. Shows a lack of skills

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why is Nwaba randomly catching strays on CF this week? He’s just been sitting there minding his business, and CF has decided that he’s the new target

D-rock, clos4life and ElPigto like this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

While thats true Silas is the coach and is suppose to bring that to their attention. As coach you should also recognize (and this will be a shocker to some) what your players game is. Because your system should fit your players style not the style youve already made in your head. I am not even coaching the team and just by looking at Jalen and Sengun Ive figured out how they like to play and how they like to score easy points. Sengun likes top of the key but no one on the team has gotten that message. They are rookies but their games should still be respected because weve got so much riding on them. What Ive seen from Sengun shows me he can do it if given the chance, its his game and its how he scores his easy points. Jalens is cutting and just like Sengun he's shocked when he doesnt get the ball when he's cutting because its just a fundamental play. And thats on the coach. But like I said I hope SIlas grows quickly because I dont see the Rockets firing him anytime soon and our teams growth is gonna depend on his growth and adjustments too. It bugs me when people say "jalen or sengun didnt look good tonight" well because they arent getting easy shots when they are supposed to so they have to force things. Jalen actually plays within the offense the offense just isnt that good, its mainly kpj to wood and if thats stopped were done.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

CF always has to have a target. Harden sucks, Silas can't coach, should've picked Vitaly Bumblefootinsky over Jalen Green, 17 other players deserve more time than whichever ones are playing... just enjoy the comedy.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I dont like posts like these because they ignore all context and assume its all just meant to pick on him lol Thats another SIlas problem is when to and when not to play Nwaba. He plays him when you need a shooter on the floor for spacing. He cant shoot and passes up open shots and cant pass in transistion. He's a great defender and slasher but in Silas system it looks out of place sometimes. Tate isnt the best shooter but atleast he'll take the damn shot lol

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Wait you thin its Jalens fault that the refs didnt call blatant fouls? who is this clown?

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Yeah I posted a week ago Wood said SIlas didnt want pick and roll anymore, I guess he changed after the Wolves game lol

D-rock likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Shouldn’t all this Nwaba energy be directed towards Silas then? Even Nwaba’s momma knows he can’t shoot and is limited.

my post was talking about how the Rockets actually hit shots and shot a high percentage, and the response is that Nwaba is a fake hustler…I’m like

[​IMG]

D-rock, Bo6, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I agree and thats what Im doing lol Hey people love Silas man and that means CF will deflect to someone else when he isnt doing his job.

#813 Joe Rocket, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

People love Silas?? I have seen nothing but venom for him.

I only get annoyed when guys that can actually shoot start passing up shots like Ryno or when guys like EG don’t know when to stop…guys that can’t shoot passing up the opportunity for a brick doesn’t really bother me

Nwaba knows what his game is tries to stick to that

15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Actually theres been more people defending Silas than criticizing his coaching. Like I siad in another thread this is a basketball forum critizing players and coaches is what you're suposed to be able to do here. The issuse is that theres a lot of trolls on here and so many people are so used to fighting trolls what when a genuine critique of a player or coach happens they lose their minds trying to defend them regardless if what is said is true or not.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s like we’re experiencing 2 completely different versions of CF because all this defense of Silas is something I have not seen…all I’ve seen is him getting roasted, grilled, or fried all over the GARM

There’s really a Silas Defense Force? I’m legit shocked.

What are they saying?

17. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its all the players fault lol

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

they must be saying that stuff in threads I don’t frequent because I haven’t seen any of that

19. 34to11

34to11 Member

It's always going to be somebody.
    Certain CF members can't function any other way.

20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

So you're saying everyone and everything on the team is perfect and no one can point out anything thats wrong on a board about basketball debate or something is wrong with them? Are we just supoosed to be cheerleaders we can cant voice our opinions? I think you're lumping trolls in with people who actually have something to say thats not about hate. I dont hate David I dont hate Silas pointing out poor coaching is not the same as being a troll. This type of talk usually comes from people who dont have anything to bring to the conversation they just want to defend the people blindly as if its personal.