1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alec Baldwin Accidentally Kills Person on Movie Set

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobrek, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Faux News seems to be DESPERATELY hoping Baldwin is at fault.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Did Baldwin get set up?

Baldwin is handed a “prop” gun with live ammo. Baldwin doesn’t know - he’s upset with the cinematographer for whatever reason and fires it at her killing her.

Someone is going down.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Three crew members who were present at the Bonanza Creek Ranch set on Saturday [last weekend] said they were particularly concerned about two accidental prop gun discharges.

Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.

“There should have been an investigation into what happened,” a crew member said. “There were no safety meetings. There was no assurance that it wouldn’t happen again. All they wanted to do was rush, rush, rush.”

A colleague was so alarmed by the prop gun misfires that he sent a text message to the unit production manager. “We’ve now had 3 accidental discharges. This is super unsafe,” according to a copy of the message reviewed by The Times.

Read the whole thing: https://www.latimes.com/entertainme.../alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

damn. as executive producer of the film he would have had to have known about the previous gun discharges. and as executive producer he might find himself criminally responsible for this kind of negligence.

King1 likes this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Agreed. He looks bad here

6. King1

Trolling peoples deaths. A new low even for you

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There website for a good 2 days were publishing stories of his Anti-NRA tweets and trying to slant that he was the person responsible. It is low for them.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The Assistant Director announced it was a "Cold Gun" when it was handed to Baldwin. Actors are not responsible for making sure the gun is empty.

9. jo mama

again, as executive prodcer baldwin might be the one who ends up being held liable in a court of law.

10. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Baldwin is an Epstien Island VIP member, nothing will happen.

Entropy, VanityHalfBlack and Jontro like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

The "one"? per imdb:

Alec Baldwin ... producer
    Kc Brandenstein ... co-producer
    Allen Cheney ... executive producer
    Matt DelPiano ... producer
    Tyler Gould ... executive producer
    Matthew Helderman ... executive producer
    Nathan Klingher ... producer
    Anjul Nigam ... producer
    Emily Hunter Salveson ... executive producer
    Ryan Donnell Smith ... producer
    Luke Taylor ... executive producer
    Ryan Winterstern ... producer

Jontro likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Hard to say if he could be in trouble because he held the title of executive producer. I had to do some research to determine exactly what an executive producer actually does. It seems to really vary from project to project. It appears that the executive producer is usually responsible for acquiring funding and hiring key people to actually make the film. However, sometimes it appears that an executive producer will watch over the production and be very involved. So, I’m not sure exactly sure what Baldwin’s responsibilities were on this project.

Something that I think is very important. He wasn’t just an executive producer. He was also one of the main actors. He was on location and should have heard and seen if there were safety issues happening during production. He may have been in a position to do something to prevent this accident, and he did nothing.

I think this could all get very messy with everyone placing blame on others.

jo mama likes this.
  13. King1

So you sunk to that level and how do you know about all that honestly? If you offered me a million dollars I couldn't tell you anything about him outside of his movies and he was a woman beater (and of course this story)

14. jo mama

i thought i had read he was EP, but thats not the case. either way, if the family decides to sue i would think that he would be more liable in his role as producer than he was in firing the gun. from some of the stuff coming out it sounds like there was some serious negligence going on and as star and producer he would have definitely been aware of it.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

the executive producer credit can be like a finder's fee. people who do squat on a film but knows someone who knows someone can get that credit. lead or big name actors getting that credit usually doesn't mean much. i think i read something along those lines from a joel silver or bruce campbell interview.

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don’t think Baldwin has the biggest criminal liability. Whoever was responsible for the prop guns is who should be charged.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

lol. Exec producers don’t do ****

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, they do, but it's pure fundraising. Zero moviemaking in most cases.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

what about who ever was responsible for the prop? pretty sure there should be a breh that checks these kinda things. especially after the bruce lee jr incident.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Funny how people want to charge Baldwin for an accident, yet refuse to charge Trump for trying to overthrow our government.

DD

cheke64 likes this.