1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Afghanistan 2021

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jun 25, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Instead of a screenshot I want the source of data and methodology of accumulating said data.

This isn't Facebook last time I checked.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So you think that Afghanistan Refugees should all be sent to Texas then I guess since Gov. Abbott has declared that he is ending rape. There's only one way to be safe right? That's why I only trust Gregg Abbott with rapists.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

Such unprecedented amazing work Abbot has done in eliminating the crime of rape in Texas. Stellar job.

dobro1229 likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We actually have similar numbers in Germany when it comes to knife attacks and rape, heavy assault etc (I posted them here a few months back), this isn't just fake news or right-wing propaganda.
    I get that the criminals aren't representative of every migrant, but we have to openly address the issues that comes with refugees from certain regions. Labelling anyone who does so a right-winger or Nazi isn't going to solve these issues and only worsens the situation.

Astrodome likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

I'd still like to see data and methodology of accumulating data.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It is official police and government crime statistics, so I don't understand what exactly you are questioning or not trusting.

7. fchowd0311

I'm not questioning it. I just want the source and methodology.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Literally official government statistics, like I mentioned.
    And the methodology is them having the nationality of every perpetrator kept on record, as with every official criminal statistical data in the world.

Do you also this heavily question the "methodology" of other official government statistics? :confused:

https://www.bka.de/SharedDocs/Downl...s2019_englisch.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=2

And some additional stats:
    German police released new crime statistics for 2015-2019 and they are quite shocking:

Although asylum seekers only make up 1/50th of the German population, they committed 13.3% of assaults with grievous bodily harm and 14.9% of murder&homicide since 2015.
    Knife attacks: 55.9% of them commited by migrants 24.5% by refugees.

2% of Germany are refugees, but they commit 55% of sex crimes in train Stations and trains,
    and 16% of all rape and bodily harm cases in the country.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

In the absence of any statistics to support the writer's claims...

AUGUST 16, 2021 1:47PM
    There Is No Good Reason to Block Afghan Refugees
    https://www.cato.org/blog/there-no-good-reason-block-afghan-refugees

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

"That may be true there, although it’s difficult to check as European crime data are abysmal"
    What does that even mean, the Euro stats are transparent and public government material (I posted them above). :confused:

And honest question, have you even been around many of the recent refugees and have you or relatives gotten any first-hand experience, like me and other Euros have?

It's very easy to overly defend refugees when you haven't been facing these issues anyhow and aren't close to the problem sectors.

Europe now has a very large sample size and definite crime stats, it's nonsense to act like there isn't an issue with refugees and their extremely disproportional tendency to commit crimes (and that doesn't even include other serious culture and integration issues).

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, I posted recent stats about here in the United States. And yes, my wife's mom is from Guatemala, as is most of her family. I work with many recent refugees from other countries. My church sponsored kids from Sudan. And as a Native American I actually view the rest of y'all as refugees.

B-Bob and vlaurelio like this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I read that the crimes are mostly due to a subgroup - young men between 16-29. In general young men with low education and without a job commit crimes at a much higher rate (in all parts of the world). In Germany, this subgroup represent almost 35% of refugee.

For the US, I would be extra careful with this subgroup among refugee and I think we should prioritize women, children and fathers over this subgroup.

13. TheresTheDagger

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/22/politics/us-citizens-afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-admin/index.html

Close to 200 Americans are still seeking to leave Afghanistan, State Department tells congressional staff

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol what? Are you kidding? Worst takes ever by DD.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So how about those stranded Americans? Are people ready to forget about it? Even blame the victims?

Biden should be removed for his dereliction of duty. Dude is ancient and his brain is gone. Weekend at Bernies meets the White House.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have been around recent refugees as Minneapolis has a large Somali population with many living in my neighborhood. They aren't particularly prone to violence and appear to more often be the victims of crimes committed by others than they are targeting others.

The Hmong community have had problems with gang violence which has been attributed to poverty among recent arrivals and the difficulties with maintaining family and clan structure adjusting to the US.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Might be funny to pass this off as Derp State or roll off why Military Intelligence is an oxymoron, but this is the same group that couldn't predict the collapse of the Soviet Union. All smoke n mirror spooks who rattle off their bs from within their own leaders and out to their enemies in order to keep billions rolling into their departments and having power spying over people they shouldn't be spying upon....
    Four U.S. Intelligence Agencies Produced Extensive Reports on Afghanistan, but All Failed to Predict Kabul’s Rapid Collapse

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Weird reference given what extraordinary events led to the collapse. A radical reform effort, an attempted coup, and then a counter-coup. Doesn't happen every day.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Arab Spring?