1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experiment is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atam, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree with most of this. I’m less concerned about his defense, because that can be solved with a good team defensive scheme. I’m more concerned with him being able to finish in traffic. Steph has some of the best handles of any guard to play the game. Unless, Green can get more muscular he is going to have to develop the kind of handles that steph has to reach his potential.

BallaDoc, Patience and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed that scheme can cover defensive issues, but man lets hope he gets at least close to average... we have seen how hard it is to cover players like Lillard and Westbrook when they cannot guard anyone.... it basically requires great defenders around them (Curry) or having someone that is a really good defender next to them (Chris Paul covering for Booker)....... if Green can be average, then he will make team construction a lot easier.

Yeah, Green doesn't get to the line enough at this point.... and he doesn't absorb contact and finish as well as we would hope.... but that will improve, he is going to get stronger and more used to it..... the question is how much stronger will he get. He is crafty, I think he will figure it out..... Green has a better body than Curry, but Steph being the greatest shooter ever and with great hands lets him still be an all time great player.

dmoneybangbang and D-rock like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I'm not "giving up" on Green, my opinion of him hasn't changed.

I struggled to see superstardom upside to begin with and seeing him get blocked 5 times, struggle to hit just about any shots, and be completely lost while allegedly attempting to play defense did nothing to change that.

He was sold as an NBA ready scoring savant and I doubted that analysis when I saw him in the G league because I just didn't think what he did would translate to a MUCH higher level of play. Thus far it hasn't.

That said, I'm still hoping he proves me wrong. I'll be his biggest fan if he turns it all around and starts to show me the promise others seem to see in him.

jiggyfly, NewAge, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas makes no sense either.

fckbandwagons and Nook like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

wood isn’t our best player .

Kpj, to me , seems like a “score first pg” and tho he’s big and has handles and some passing ability .... he ain’t setting up lobs like harden or cp3 (that goes without saying)

our best play is to give Tate the ball and try to set up wood or Gordon for 3’s .

Corrosion likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood was the best player last season, without a doubt.

Who knows who is best player this season, especially with Wood no longer playing the 5.

And Silas not maximing any of his rotations.

Who do YOU believe is the best player now?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

that sounds so depressing when u read it

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@D-rock

it’s not so depressing. I think Tate is our best player

Corrosion likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Blasphemy.
    Sengun is da best one on the team

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

:eek::eek:

if Tate is our best player, then we are easily the worst team of all-time

How is Tate better than Christian Wood?

Air Canada, Denovo, Dobbizzle and 5 others like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yikes.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

It is depressing.

But Tate is not even the 5th best player on the team.

Wood
    Wall
    Sengun
    EGo
    Green

All better than Tate.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

i think its hilarious u kids talking **** about
    Jalen. u wouldnt say this **** to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol

palmsnbananas likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

he makes the right play a higher percentage of a time .

his defense is clearly a tier or two higher . On offense he can handle the ball well enough in transition . His shooting is improving . He’s got some decent little moves around the basket .

hopefuflly by the end of the year kpj , wood , green or someone else will be better . Tate’s potential isn’t off the charts offensively , he can’t be your best player there . But there are 2 sides of the ball and the rest of the team being so bad on D makes it so we don’t see the best Tate ... just like the op Twitter was saying run these plays for wood etc .

But Tate is an extremely underrated decision maker on offense .

edit @D-rock i think Gordon is better if he’s completely right

D-rock and tycoonchip like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have been impressed with his playmaking ability and willingness to pass, he will be much more impactful if he can be a combo guard.

My god, he is skinny though.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

He missed a couple shots and needs to look to shoot more.

However, he has made numerous good plays already.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

yeah overall I’m more than pleased with what he’s doing as a whole. the scoring issue is l:

- first and foremost the lack of an offense. As a result he has taken I think one open shot in 6 quarters thus far. If you don’t think this is an issue look at the other team. Shai as 4 points at half. Because he’s also out there with a bunch of youngins and a coach that doesn’t seem to have installed an offense in any way.

- body. He’s getting bodied in every drive to the hole. But in a way that isn’t getting him fouls. In inner league he was living at the line. NBA is a different level. This will get better as he fills out but as importantly he needs to watch a ton of recent film to learn how he great players get fouled.

- misdirection. He’s good at this when he starts his drive out at the perimeter. He has very little misdirection to finish drives so far. He had one last game where he scored on the reverse side on a layup. What I mean is defender thinks you’re going left you go right, then cut back left. Or the pump fake. Pretend to go in stop for the floater. This type of thing.

- just shooting overall. But for the most part his shots have been decently contested. But he’s just off.

BallaDoc and dmoneybangbang like this.
  18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Good lawd if he had hit that dunk… tmac esque

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

He was fouled and no call. That would have been amazing!

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you're really saying he's our best playmaker

i3artow i3aller likes this.