1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to hate DAVID NWABA..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 22, 2021.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

This guy is Corey Brewer 2.0. Plays hard but just isn’t skilled enough..bench him already

Ghost5Horse6, DaDakota, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  2. juanming

juanming Member

First off Silas nor anyone in upper management gives a damn what us fans think. We should shut up and listen. All of us want sengun to start, did he? Nope

Same goes for nwaba and house. Silas is not going to dnp nwaba to play martin or Matthews

Yes I hate nwaba to. Coach doesn't dnp his vets.

We are stuck with house wall theis and nwaba for years till they expire cuz no one wants them and we won't cut them for who knows what reason

We are not stuck with Gordon cuz unlike all the other vets he actually plays good and some team will take him..not the other vets though

We need to start a thread "I have grown to hate Silas". That may catch the attention of management.. and quit going to games. Going to games tells management that we are okay with a crappy product and they won't change course. Boycott tilman.

Dobbizzle, Bo6 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i am proud that we at cf have done a lot of growing the last few years

lakersuck2, apollo33, Nook and 9 others like this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't hate anyone who tries as hard as Nwaba. He played with a jacked up hand on a bottom feeding team. Direct your hatred towards the coaches that put him in the game.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Nwaba:
    “After last night’s game, Dave came up to me and was like, ‘I’m injured, but it’s hard for me to sit over there and watch when we’re so low on bodies, and we’re so decimated. And even though I’m not 100 percent, maybe I can give a little bit.’
    To have that kind of character, to have that kind of attitude, is something that we need.”

AshleyEm:
    “I hate that guy. I also hate puppies that wear Rockets gear.”

@VoR might be onto something… yikes.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

I don't hate him, he plays hard and is a hard-nosed defender. That said, I wouldn't mind if he was not a rotation player. We just aren't there though. This team lacks toughness and physicality and he provides that in spades for his position so he needs to play. Same goes for Theis. Good veterans to have your team to teach the youngins how to be professionals on and off the court and for practices, but I doubt either gets minutes on a good team barring an injury to a couple of guys in front of them.

#7 vator, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Patience and Streakshooter like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

After Clippers game 6, we must put some respect on Corey Brewers name. The heart mattered that day.

Patience, subtomic, Zen Tabak and 3 others like this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

I'll love him enough for the both of us

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Every player can have some off games. He came back from an injury. Also not on a super expensive contract.

I didn't think it's possible to hate this man.

Not sure why but for lot of the players that returned this year. Tate/Nawaba/Wood are still finding their groove.

MettaWorldPete and gah like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

His +18 in the season opener was legit though.

Patience, Nook, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Thank you, this is a nice story, a better one would be:

NWABA: "After we finished last in the standings last year I asked coach Silas what area of my game I need to improve the most over the summer, so that we can win more games next year?"

Coach said: "FT and 3pt shooting."

"So I worked my ass off the whole summer on these 2 and now I can shoot 3s in my sleep. This is why I shot 5-7 on 3s in our first win in Minnesota, and even more important than that, the spacing I created enabled Jalen Green and KPJ to drive the lane and score with ease.

I know some of our rookies aren't the best shooters, but I know they gonna look up to me and what I did so I fully expect them to dedicate themselves to practice just like I did, work their asses off and become 40% 3pt shooters, so that we can win title next year or maybe even this year."

"When you think about it, we owe it to this city and the fans. I mean I need to be thankful to God also, I am playing a game for a living, I am literally being paid millions and the smallest thing I could do to help my team win is becoming a better shooter because that's whats most important in basketball. And I know some guys playing streetball that shoot better than me, and so - I said to myself - if I am paid millions, at least I can become a serviceable 3pt shooter. So I did listen to coaches feedback and I am so glad I did H-tine! See you next year at the parade!" - Nwaba said.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

garbage time statpadding

14. steddinotayto

Silver lining is that it's better than just completely sucking in garbage time right?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Naw this is wack. Nwaba showed too much last year to turn on him after 17 minutes of one game. A game which wasn’t even that bad, had 7 points on 7 shots with 2 steals, big f up obviously is he fouled out in a very short period of time, but Nwaba is very much a Bev type player that plays hyper aggressive on D. He also had the highest +- of anybody on the team.

I personally want to see more of Nwaba, our teams desperately needs defense and more energy.

The most disappointing player outside of our abysmal guard play was Tate, he played really bad on both ends, looks like he lost some weight too, but like Nwaba he showed way to much ability to be a winger player to **** on after one game. I wouldn’t mind see KJ t his minutes if he doesn’t pick it up soon, though.

napalm06 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stone is the one who signed him to a multi-year deal, but it’s crickets on that…

In Stone u trust right??

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. steddinotayto

Could possibly end up as one of his least successful Stone Cold Stunners

[​IMG]

#17 steddinotayto, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    don grahamleone and Reeko like this.
  18. StrawberryJamm

Low-key think he might be better than Tate.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No need to hate but he is not good enough nor are we developing him, we should trade him ASAP.

DD

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I’ve grown to hate the pessimism and negativity of a clutch fans. Can we make a thread about that?