1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Ben Simmons getting a new zip code?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Jul 13, 2021.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's fair, it might be the calculation Morey is making too. I think the Spurs and Pacers and Rockets, other teams interested, these three teams are more than content to wait.

I also think if by mid season Kings and Minny are out of the playoffs they'll just be content with their draft picks. Morey is asking a lot of teams and trying to sell high. He's going to need a team to get super desperate for him. Maybe a would be contender like Miami or something could trade away their future for what they believe is a better present.

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's just following the path Harden went down. Harden got what he wanted in the end, I imagine SImmons will too.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is getting crazy and out of hand now

GotGame15 and foh like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I feel bad for Simmons, having to figuratively carry the Sixers franchise on his back all these years that it's now it's literally hurting his back.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Like Gilbert Arenas said, they set Ben up. **** them over Ben.

NewAge likes this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

:D at the situation.

Also; citing mental health issues is kinda disrespectful to people with real mental health issues.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Morey should know better about mental health issues. I'm waiting for Royce White to get back his 15 minutes here soon when we see a comment/tweet from him. I'm on standby.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I can believe that he may actually have a real mental issue going on. He took a **** on the whole team, decided to try to force his way out by cutting off all communication. Now he saw that this didn't work and it's created an incredibly awkward situation. He knows his teammates hate him and are not going to put up with his **** anymore. He knows the City of Philadelphia is going to boo his ass out of the arena. He could legitimately have some real mental and stress issues going on.

I hope whoever reads this spares me the, he has a lot of money talk. That doesn't mean people can't have real mental issues.

Reeko likes this.
  11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Can Ben Simmons play at center…. for Besiktas?
    Discuss!

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

totally agree

also feel like that is a dangerous tweet trying to equate not being mentally ready to play with the team with mental illness

ElPigto likes this.
  13. foh

foh Member

Morey and mental health issues all over again! Wild!

I wonder whose side the arbitrage/court will be on once this spirals into a pure employment/compensation dispute.

Rivers made sure to point out that there is money involved and this is a job when he was commenting on how "sad" he is for "Ben" and the situation.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Lot of this stress was bought upon by himself and his unprofessional behaviors. Everyone gets it, Simmons don't want to play for Philly. But he has no issue in wanting Philly's money for services not rendered.

Going to practice and then not doing the drills when Doc asks him to.

Basically going to work, but not doing the work, and still expects a paycheck.

#714 TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with you one bit, but at the end of the day, money doesn't turn them less human. I've had disputes with coworkers before and the stress of seeing that individuals face again did bring me quite a bit of anxiety. We all deal with **** differently. So I'm slightly giving him the benefit of the doubt, although, I hope he learns a real life lesson regarding his money. He shouldn't get paid if he doesn't want to play for the team and refuses to participate.

foh likes this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

Yup. If Simmons dislikes the team or if just seeing his teammates 'triggers' certain feelings, then stand by his principles and don't come. He couldn't even do that. He came because they started escrowing the money. After he left practice that day, didn't people found him at a local strip club. I guess everyone cope with their mental issues differently.

foh likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Put your fat suit on, half-ass it

#717 J.R., Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Jayzers_100 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Precisely. We all react differently. Some turn to drugs (includes alcohol), others go to the gym, others go shopping, others cry at home, some commit suicide, others project that stress onto others and harm other people, etc etc. That's really my point, we all are different and do things differently. I certainly hope that for the very least he gets some actual help if he really needs it. It is possible to ask for forgiveness and for others to forgive you. I don't know if his teammates will forgive him, but it certainly worth to try to resolve the situation rather than lose a ton of money in the process. If he is alright with losing money, then more power to him. We all **** up, right?

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Classic Morey man.

I really wonder what is going to happen this season. Didn't Simmons talk to Morey/Doc already? I don't know what else there is to discuss. Someone help me out here.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

To requote the news source; so we don't veer off on mental health; the news reported is that 76ers thinks Ben is faking it. That's not me saying, that's what's reported. People take sides I suppose, but the 76ers don't think it's true.