1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experiment is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atam, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, that's amazing. We watched 2 completely different games.

One wouldn't suspect that you were talking about a player who scored 9 points on 14 shots and was a -37 while on the court due to playing the worst defense I've ever seen before.

What an amazingly charitable interpretation of an absolutely garbage performance.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

+/- for a one game sample is utterly useless dude. Like completely useless especially given that Green literally played the most minutes in the game which means if the overall team was really bad, it's going to effect his +/- the most. Coincidentally Wood had the second lowest +/- and tied Green for the most minutes.

You are only looking at shooting splits rather than actually watching the game and seeing his competence when he was the primary ball handler for the team.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In this game, it's not. It shows just how pathetic Green was defensively.

Honestly given your over the top defense of what was a pathetic performance, I'd suspect you didn't actually watch the game. What Green actually did does not match up to what you are describing. He didn't belong on an NBA court.

Downtown Sniper and D-rock like this.
  4. fchowd0311

What's up with you and over the top troll statements? You've been doing it for a decade and it's sad for a middle aged man dude.

Green was literally the most competent ball handler on the team last night. That I can say by actually watching the game. Last time I checked ball handling playmaking is one of the most important traits for a guard to pick up even more so than defense.

I can acknowledge he had a poor defensive outing same as every other guard on our team. But you can't acknowledge his competence in a VERY important trait fora guard which is playmaking/ball handling.

And all you are going to do is shove a single game sample size for +/- at me knowing he played the most minutes on the team in a blowout on the losing end.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Posted this on Monday and I'll repost it just to try and help level set this group:

First career start for the following shooting guards:

Zach Lavine:
    2/5 FG 2/2 FT; 4 points, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

Bradley Beal:
    2/8 FG 2/4 3PT 2/2 FT; 8 points, 3 assists, 1 steal

Klay Thompson:
    1/3 FG 1/3 3PT; 3 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists

Paul George:
    2/8 FG 4/6 FT; 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 block

Victor Oladiop
    5/12 FG 2/5 3PT 8/8 FT; 20 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks

CJ McCollum (didn't start until the end of his second season)
    6/12 FG 1/2 3PT 2/3 FT; 15 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal

Anthony Edwards
    5/13 FG 3/7 3PT 2/2 FT; 15 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists

Bo6, vator, Patience and 6 others like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He literally wasn't.

I guess love is blind kiddo, I certainly hope the kid one day actually has a decent game so that your over the top fawning will stop being so embarrassing.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

If Green wasn't putting up 40 last year in the D league I'm not sure why anyone expected him to come in putting up 40 in the NBA. He's raw. I have my doubts he'll ever be a "super star" or worthy of the #2 pick overall but he's a rocket now and how my support. Silas and Coaches better start coaching him up.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

@atam please follow my posts more carefully so you can be better educated. As I said before the season began:

9. fchowd0311

He literally was the most competent ball handler and playmaker last night on the team.

rockets1995 likes this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Wow, took all of one game for people to declare him a bust. I see more Rockets hate on this page than anywhere else online, and this is supposed to be where the fans are. Crazy.

Bo6, dc rock, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  11. fchowd0311

It's the "grass is greener on the other side" phenomenon. As Rocket fans we see entire games so the good, bad and ugly with Green. We only see highlights of Cade and Mobley. Same for non Rocket fans. They only see the highlights of Green

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah I dunno, I'm a fan of lots of sorts teams, none of them seem to have anywhere near the level of self loathing as the Rockets fans here do. Noticed it since I joined last season, people here would rather we were awful so they can say "I told you I was right, I'm a genius at basketball" than have things go well for the team, it's really very pathetic.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I mean he literally was. Albeit he's competing with a KPJ who had 9 turnovers and DJ Augustine who shot 1-4 with 3 turnovers.

So you tell me who the best ball handler was last night. Maybe Sengun?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. Rockets4Life13

Can't wait for the next game Mobley plays bad to say "thank god we didn't take him" since we're doing this every game now it seems.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

But Evan Mobley just had a "historic" first game!! We are doomed!!

D-rock and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

100%

Sandi likes this.
  17. verysimplejason

Rockets need a real PG. KPJ and Green are SG's. There's no going around that.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I would argue Silas needs to instill a winning culture or we just end up like the Wolves or Kings. That being said the vets we have are trash so it doesn't even matter lol.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The problem isn't Green, we just have 2 players that should be developing as SG in Green and KPJ.......they are getting in each others way.

DD

NewAge, Mr.Scary and xtruroyaltyx like this.