1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experiment is Over

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by atam, Oct 20, 2021.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Smh. Missed out on starting the iconic “I have grown to HATE ALEN GREEN”

IvanLCPM, Bo6, Yung-T and 5 others like this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This team really lacks direction when he's running the offense.

He's got all the physical gifts but he doesn't show the vision or decision making to play NBA point.

I know he's young and just learning the position & I'm all for giving him this entire season to try and figure it out but if it hasn't happened by seasons end , the experiment should come to an end and you use him as a 6th man type.

Augustin didn't look a heck of a lot better ....

Dobbizzle, cmoak1982 and 34to11 like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I do worry about Jalen's frame and if he'll ever just be a guy to bulk up.

I think he can still be elite though, some guys are weaklings like Curry and Durant, make up for it with deadeye shooting. I think that's the #1 thing he needs right now. While his handles can be improved for sure along with adding a few tricks in his bag...I think he'd score easily today, right now, if his shooting were better.

If he's going to be a finesse player, that's fine, he's just going to have to really up his shooting ability to that of elite guards and that's going to make him very difficult to guard since he's already able to blow past guys.

D-rock and NewAge like this.
  4. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Everyone here wants the next James Harden, a player who starts on the 2010's all decade team.

Everyone forgets only five players start on that team.

Dobbizzle and Nook like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Hopefully he turns into a Bradley Beal type but with more athletic ability

D-rock likes this.
  6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen needs to quit doing his Harden impression and shoot normal shots, way too much foot work and step backs. I also really think he needs to work on his form. I also like that he looks for contact in the lane, but shooting on the way down doesn't work in NBA the way it did in high school and even the G league.

Aside from Mobley, all the top picks played poorly tonight.

D-rock and NewAge like this.
  7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bump this after Jalen has his first 30 pt game.

i3artow i3aller and Sonicbun8 like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

ok, good thing i haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet.

#stillteamsuggs

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nothing against Jalen Green but Rockets fans are going to find out why it is very rare and extremely difficult to land a top league talent like James Harden.

Rebuilding is a painful process and more often than not fails.

D-rock, Patience, GotGame15 and 4 others like this.
  10. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

He showed some flashes of a good offensive game. Hopefully, he will learn to hone it and make it consistent. KPJ on the other end played quite sloppy and had very lazy plays though. And 24 turnovers including some very silly ones from veterans Gordon and Augustin show a lack of preparation from the coaching side in my opinion. It is still the first game so I hope these little things improve even if its losses.

#50 Magicsaint, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    D-rock, GotGame15 and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He needs a coach. I think this team would be much better with Pringles incharge.

Bo6 and D-rock like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

No he didn't.

Worst rookie first game in entire history of the Rockets.

He was a -37 on the court.

All the Green homers were setting him up to fail with the ridiculous early and long range expectations.

Green's lack of physicality and lack of fit with Silas system/current core players were blatantly obvious pre-draft.

Like Lavine, Green will need years to reach his potential IF he can gain the requisite strength.

But it is what it is, bed is already made, just have to be patient.

Playing Green vs. 2nd units makes too much sense so he can build his scoring confidence while playing more efficiently.

Silas just needs to be smart. If this another tank season, then play ALL the kids.

Playing Augustin over JC or Theis over Sengun or Garuba is just wasteful.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Jalen will probably be good, but Mobley looking like hes gonna be a beast.

Tmac didnt even get as many mins when he started, but they saw he was good early, scoring 8 here and there etc.. Not a bad first game with 10. Jalen. People be hating early lol.

tycoonchip and D-rock like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Problem is he also can't dribble very well. He's lanky, short arms and has poor shooting mechanics. He can learn a few things to create space but if he isn't a good ball handler, it's going to be tough. He's not kobe nor do I think he will be. There is a target on his back. If we're not careful, this kid is going to be our Rose with one season ending injury after another.

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea Jalen wont be good as Harden. I see a probably prolific type scorer and slasher who can avg 20-22 game. It all begins on how much work he puts into being the best. If he doesnt do what kobe did he will never be superstar. He might just be a run of the mill back up allstar who makes a few allstar games, and clanks out.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The other day I was thinking how good they could be in Adleman's offense - Sengun in the high post & Green running off of a series of picks .... Wood & Tate cutting to the rack.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

*sad Rocket fan noises*

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Can't cry over spilled milk, need to keep moving forward. Green will improve in time.

But passing over a Unicorn is never a good thing.

Plowman, groovemachine and tycoonchip like this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to take after Klay Thompsons game. Green sucks at ball handling. I DO NOT EVER see that aspect of his game becoming elite! He needs a shooting coach and learn to be option C or B. He's going to have to cut around screens to get wide open, move without the ball and get a faster release.
    The sun shines on a dogs a$$ every once in a while. One 30 pt game doesn't mean anything. 4-30 with 30 pts isn't a good thing. It means he's just chucking that ball.