1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 10/20/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2021.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I agree he is not tough enough and he miss too many easy shots. He added 10 pounds and he is still weak around the board.

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I would. He's not the issue. We're also not running the offense through him. I'm more concerned that Silas is overclocking kpj's head. He naturally has a good eye for the game. Let him play. Need to move green to the bench. There is not enough space and pace with those two on the court. Let green come off the bench and just score.

NewAge, hakeem94 and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Trade him, all the top prospects this draft are bigs anyway. I doubt Wood's value gets any higher.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man if Mobley ends up being the star and Green falters - it will be like we are the Blazers in taking Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan.

DD

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

yeah I don’t see flow or game plan. Green n kpj run wild with no set shiiiit. I think Sengun is our smartest player.

bro2044, crenshaw and hakeem94 like this.
  6. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Jalen just needs to be confident enough to play his game. He’s being too respectful to Wood and the other vets. Just go out there and hoop, young man

bro2044, PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Jalen Green seriously needs 30 pounds more. I hope he’s eating good n lifting.

8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

He have Sengun and he is on the same talent level as Mobley, Green is ok he will turn around I'm concerned about Porter....PEOPLE he is not a PG he a nice combo guard. we need a young point guard to play with Green and Sengun needs to play at least 28 minutes....release Wall!!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Green will be fine for a young player he is almost too unselfish and his shot just want falling. He will continue to add muscle and experience.

18pbr likes this.
  10. WestendMassive

20 years of being a nice guy really paying dividends

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Showed fight in the second half. Lost it by a point. First game, but we must start better if we are going to win a few games

bro2044 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

none of these top prospects is guranteed to become as good as wood and its not even guaranteed we ll have top pick to pick one of them....

wood is a great player...only 5 players like him in the nba....every team needs a big that can shoot....he just needs a coach and a pg to set him up...wood is not a harden type player or a playmaker

Magicsaint, NewAge and DaDakota like this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Clappping doesn’t help the situation. I’m a cowboys fan and witness a decade of Garrett

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I wish I could like this post more than once...it is so spot on.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well, he needs to be coached, needs a coach dedicated to detail and finesse...hes still raw and not played a lot of nba games , he has his warts like every player but basically hes a gem... hed be a beast offensively with a great pnr pg and defensively with a defensive minded coach...

17. carib

carib Member

There were a lot of positives on the offensive end for Green, even when his shots were not always falling he made some nice plays to set up the bigs.
    The Wolves are a long/lanky team and the Rockets will have to adjust their shots at the rim when dealing with a taller/longer team.

For the young back court the coaches will work with Green on staying focused keeping track of his assignment on the defensive end and any defensive rotations.
    Scoot needs to either seal off his defender more with body positioning or work on not showing the ball to the defender too much to reduce deflections. The coaches have to work with him on the crisper passing to reduce those turnovers as well.
    When the young back court were making plays with decent spacing with one the bigs Theis/Wood/Segun the office looked a little better.
    I hope the Rockets improve also in transition D and cutting down drives to the basket and reducing points in the paint.

Hopefully over the next ten games the team will make some strides overall in playing better on both sides of the court.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that only depends on how good Mobley gets. Not sure if he will get to Jordan's level but you never know.

19. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I thought his attitude would be better this season but it’s the same poor body language; sulking when things don’t go his way and quitting on defense.

Tato1971 likes this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Welcome to rebuilding.

Hope you realize that like 200 of our next 240 games will be like this.