1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALCS Astros vs. Red Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Mmmmm, the tears, salty slow falling tears. I'd say I'm surprised by the media reaction but not a bit. 5 HITS fuuckers, 5! The vaunted Red Sox did nothing last night. Laz sucks but he's not why BOS lost. Our offense finally blew up and we pitched well. I'd like to skull-f*ck Passan and throw his ass in a canal. Ugg that guy

Stephen66 and JayGoogle like this.
  2. RussE

RussE Member

Bad calls happen both ways. Astros won, that's the bottom line. I wrote them off too soon. Prove me wrong again Astros. I'll gladly eat crow. It's better then the sh*t I had for supper last night.

Go Astros!

Poloshirtbandit, BigM and Rock Block like this.
  3. Rock Block

Supporting Member

There are times when he doesn't sound very excited but he does that on both sides. If you go to the BOS boards they hate Buck. No team board likes Buck. Its all relative.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The mark of a good announcer. Everybody hates him

STR8Thugg likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

The constant b****ing about any and all national baseball announcers on this board is way beyond tired.

RussE, STR8Thugg and Rock Block like this.
  6. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Bingo, it's hilarious seeing all the posts trashing these guys and then "that" happens

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep. Its the expected result of every team's fan base watching their home team announcers for 150-155 game/year... and then go cold turkey to unbiased announcers that have to present a loco-regional game in a neutral fashion.

I say just let each team's local announcers cover the games. Let fans select either feed.

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

How can the media have this much power? This dude is clearly a Red Sox homer. Even the Twitter commentators are giving it to him. Are there no editors at ESPN? Can’t wait to see Joe buck make this a national narrative tonight.

jakedasnake and STR8Thugg like this.
  9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Neutral? Have you ever heard one game from Joe Buck? Dude is extremely anti Astro

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The national story really should have been about the Astros bullpen and how they silenced the hottest post-season team in history... but no, its about an umpire and one pitch well into the 9th inning of a game where the Red Sox still didn't score since the 1st inning.

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

And a leader in the clubhouse who teaches players only the right way…

jakedasnake likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No, he's not. He's anti everybody. Because he's ****ing neutral.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I guess his excitement comes across differently. It sounds kind of like a mother scolding a child. Maybe that's why it gives me so much anxiety... :(

14. AB

AB Contributing Member

All this talk about that missed call on ball make me a bit nervous on the kind of calls we may be getting this game!!
    There were a lot of calls that went both way. This game would not even be a tie , if one of those went our way and Boston probably had 0 next to it

Rock Block and STR8Thugg like this.
  15. STR8Thugg

Nah, he ain't anti-everyone. He's pro chaos.

16. STR8Thugg

Do you know how many times through innings 1-7 that our pitchers were getting squeezed and those ****s were getting strikes a foot outside?

I can go back and put together a montage. I don't typically bark about the referees, but STFU Passan/Boston.

Stephen66 and AB like this.
  17. the shark

the shark Member

Who cares what the media says about the Astros. Everyone for the most part outside of HTown hates us and does it really matter??

I kinda like that we're the Villian that everyone hates.

Rock Block and STR8Thugg like this.
  18. Elienator

Elienator Member

I remember hearing an interview with Joe Buck and he said every town he goes to people come up to him and ask him why he hates their team. He had some good tales about why people don’t like him and generally seems like an OK guy for an celebrity.

19. STR8Thugg

Just watched the FS1 postgame and Ortiz on their doing his best job as a Red Sox analyst. I like Ortiz but it's really hard when they have A-Rod when we play the Yankees and Ortiz when it's Boston. Hell, even Frank ****ing Thomas this year against the White Sox, although he is the best of the bunch about being impartial.

Ortiz, first words out of his mouth are about the missed called on Eovaldi. Throwing a tantrum all over the set... Kevin Burkhart swoops in and says "wait a minute big fella" and proceeds to show the first inning missed called on Devers and the homer after.

joshuaao and Uprising like this.
  20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Rodriguez should have never checked his watch, don’t poke the bear bro