1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this team worth our time and money?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, Oct 18, 2021.

?

Is this team worth our time and money?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

78 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I'll enjoy it and support the team unlike the Texans. Rockets management at least has a pulse and a vision.

Furthermore, this rebuild "feels" different and I think its best we stay in the moment, enjoy this Rockets movement... could be a great one.

HTXSportsAddict and kubli9 like this.
  2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

They have a potential super star rookie and a core of young, potential talent around him. They will lose a ton of games this year, but its worth it to watch for the flashes of potential. There will be games where Green posterizes some big time player or one of the other young guys puts up 40 in win.

HTXSportsAddict and kubli9 like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Owner is not worth supporting. Cant reward incompetence and ever expect change.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ummm you don't feel the Rockets were dodging the luxury tax every year of Hardens
    final 4 years......Harden then goes to a team with a team salary payroll of $164.5 million?

Morey retired to be with family, only to turnaround and go to a team with a team salary
    payroll of about $148 million?

Interesting. Just a coincidence

furyn and Downtown Sniper like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

I don't care what anybody else does, but personally I'm looking forward to watching some games and seeing how the kids do. I have no expectations for the team as a whole, and frankly I think they'll play borderline unwatchably bad basketball a good bit of the time. But that's just how it goes when you're rebuilding.

But no, the Rockets org gets none of my monies.

pugsly8422 and kubli9 like this.
  6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good sell. Those type of moments are great to watch regardless of the outcome of the game.

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Agreed. The potential superstar in Sengun is why I'll watch this season.

8. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I would answer the question with a question, why do you watch the team? How big of a fan are you?

Myself, I will watch regardless as this sport and franchise will always be my favorite. If it’s developing young players, or a team of skilled veterans who are in the playoff hunt, I’ll watch. I think you have to ask yourself those why’s though. Win or lose I still get joy watching great effort and ball movement. If it it gets down to poor game play and isolation, I may watch less but I’ll still watch.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Worth the money …… probably not.

worth time streaming the games - absolutely

10. R94

R94 Member

unfortunately, Silas is the Culley of the NBA. There is no plan.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

was looking for a hat to add to my collection. saw a rox hat with the ugly "R" logo and opted for an astros "H" instead. i don't even like baseball.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'd say silas is like the @Cutty312 of the nba. high ceiling, but still 2 years away from 2 years away.

varughese.arun likes this.
  13. varughese.arun

I voted no. But I just bought 4 tickets to attend a game on 11/12

14. varughese.arun

I cannot imagine Silas saying "no" to anyone

Jontro likes this.
  15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

So you post a new thread on a Rockets BBS saying you don't want to watch said team? You could read any thread in the history of the BBS to find out why you should watch... did you start this one just to hear yourself talk?

16. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

Mind says not worth it.
    Heart says may be worth a little bit of time?

kubli9 likes this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Ty Lawson is literally the best Rocket of all time.
    Also I am not saying it exists but there could potentially be places to watch streams for free, but don't do that.

kubli9 likes this.
  18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You could just answer the question as others have politely done and/or vote in the poll if you like. I don’t need to hear your opinion of me as a fan.

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

At least this season I won’t have to sweat about losing our draft pick to OKC after every win.

Swapshop likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Probably going to be top 5 worse team, but if they can atleast win 25-30, and look like there trying to win games close down the stretch. It should be fun year, i mean young team in new era, and rebuilding on the fly after all that success with harden.. Not much to do but cheer young kids developing.

You wont see any real playoffs until maybe some of there players turn into all-stars or they sign a big name or 2 in like what 2-3 years?. Im not expecting much these couple years. Hoping segun can be the next Gasol. Green and Kj young shining stars turn in to legit stars maybe? Could you have 3 allstars from Houston in 2-3 years? Wood have the potential to make a allstar team? Who knows...