1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this team worth our time and money?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, Oct 18, 2021.

?

Is this team worth our time and money?

1. Yes

104 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

78 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Yeah. Those three seasons before the Harden trade were some of my favorites ever.

kubli9 likes this.
  2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Quite a conundrum for you “Tilman won’t spend” folks. If you refuse to support the team in the bad years, he wont be making money and in turn won’t be in a position to spend when we need it.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

#SlamPig Bros.

Squirtle likes this.
  5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Not excited at all but still will watch. At least unlike last year we know we are going to suck. Last year was kind of a slap in the face to the all of the STHs.

6. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

I'd like to check out at least a few games this year. Preferably against the crappier teams!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I deferred to this season. Why would people want to go to games during COVID before a vaccine? I'll be there Friday though, pumped as always for another season opener.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The problem is that Tilman needs our money to pay Patrick to find more ways to avoid the luxury tax to field a competitive team.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

his lack of spending was 1 of the main things that led us to this situation and has fans not wanting to spend on a subpar product

Tilman should have ample savings from not wanting to spend when we were trying to contend

pugsly8422 and napalm06 like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Do you want to see the kids grow over time? Yes....that's nice and you are a true
    basketball junkie efficienado as am I.

Many would say no and that's why I scoff at the notion Tilman is ok
    with deliberately "tanking" once again.

Tilman needs these kids to be as successful as possible as soon as possible.
    Translates to more money sooner than later.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Hasn’t this been debunked by BimaThug? Wasn’t there only one year where we didnt max MLE spending, the year we lost Trevor, I think.

why do people assume we would be able to get more talented players? Like they just ASSUME money was the only factor. Who was available to get those off seasons that we totally ignored? I think there are a lottttt of assumptions with scant evidence to form this narrative. Tilman hasn’t been much different than any other owner.

teams don’t spend in the luxury tax every year, even when contending. Because of the repeater taxes. every owner runs the franchise as a business at the end of the day. They’re not in the business of losing money. Why did this suddenly become an issue with tilman?

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is a myth that he's any cheaper than Les. The difference is that Tillman looks and sounds like an asshat, talks too much, and has a poor reputation from how he runs his businesses.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Well that may be true. He’s a salesman, that’s for sure.

14. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

So you're only interested in watching wins? Ever watched a non-NBA game and enjoyed it?

I've heard the Lakers are a good basketball team. They also have A LOT of rings, and I think an active BBS. You might be happier watching them... maybe even buy a few jerseys.

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Other than the Ariza thing, I don’t see any real evidence that Tilman has been cheap, stupid yes (forcing the Westbrook trade). Stone is a great hire and I think Tillman will spend reasonably when there is something reasonable to spend on. Not an apologist, just think he gets a bad rap for stinginess from unknowledgeable fans.

16. kubli9

Supporting Member

How about just contend for something other than the worst record in the league? You might be happier eating a d!ck.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The only NBA team I've pulled for in my 52 years on earth. I'm not going to stop now.

I've reupped my 1 team league pass and will be tuning in to watch the young guys grow. There is talent on this team, its just young and inexperienced. I feel like we're laying the foundation now for future greatness.... will I live long enough to see it? Time will tell.

kubli9 likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

These types of teas are way underrated from an entertainment perspective.
    Wins/losses less relevant.

I could have asked about the last 4-5 Harden teams: does watching the regular season matter here?
    Cause it really didn't that much.

19. kubli9

Supporting Member

Those Harden teams contended every year except for the Ty Lawson season. Any given night Harden could go off for a 60 point triple double. I would watch those games again knowing we wouldn't win the championship because those teams were WORTH the time and money.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

Yes, worth it.

But I can understand fans, who want to take a break, then come back once the pie is baked.

kubli9 likes this.