1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance McCullers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Delusional

everyday eddie likes this.
  2. Elienator

Elienator Member

Right, if there is any chance pitching in the next two weeks will cause longer term damage, he’s going to be shut down.

He’d already be ruled out if it was something that’s going to keep him out next season already without further damage.

vince likes this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

We are contending for a World Series championship -- it's time to YOLO it. Get on out there Lance!

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yeah…put your arm at risk at missing another season! What a dumbass Trader Jorge is.

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Excuse me, I have the highest IQ on this forum, with the possible exceptions of Clutch and lmanimal.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

What you don't want to find is the midpoint point between illusion and delusion. That is the most clear representation of our reality on this earth.

7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

How is that delusional? People said similar things regarding Cole and Springer.

Correa is amazing. One of my favorite Houston athletes ever. He bleeds orange, and I love it. It doesn't change the financial dynamics of what he is looking for, and that's it. If he gets his mega offer somewhere else and leaves, I just hope it's after celebrating another WS.

steddinotayto likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

I agree; in baseball it's more about the team as a whole than, say, basketball where one player can heavily swing the outcome of a game. Honestly, going into this season, I didn't think we were championship contenders because there wasn't a bona fide ace in the rotation. Scoring runs was never in question even with Springer gone but the confidence level in the pitching staff understandably lessened, especially when you went from a two headed monster in 2019 with Verlander and Cole to a rotation of LMC and young guys. But look where we're at right now--4 games from getting back to the World Series. That's a testament to the team and not to just one singular player.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

If it was a retiring Mel Clark pitching for a pennant to answer a young Joseph Gordon-Levitt's prayers of a family? Sure. But a player that is in his prime with an injury history, absolutely not.

RustyHarden and steddinotayto like this.
  10. lnchan

Supporting Member

His messages to likes ratio is not favorable.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Loved that movie.

RustyHarden likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I had confidence that Strom would get something out of the young guys, but to what extent I didn't know. Last season was positive bc so many young pitchers got experience, but it was also a tiny sample size. Over the course of the season, the rotation outperformed expectations, and while I still don't know who to trust on a given night, someone (or multiple pitchers) seem to step it up when we need it. It's definitely a weird and sometimes unnerving feeling compared to having Verlander and Cole in 2019.

The team this year definitely has a collective approach and the hero seems to be different every game. I hope we bomb the Red Sox to death and make everyone quickly forget about McCullers' injury.

RustyHarden and steddinotayto like this.
  13. Elienator

Elienator Member

I'm sure if they think there is anyway he could pitch without damaging things further they will consider it. That's why they were getting multiple opinions.

I'm glad the Astros staff doesn't seem to share your opinion that it's worth sacrificing his long term health for a 5-10% increase in the chances of winning this series.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

That 5%-10% chance is actually "We're F***ed!!!" territory for some on here.

Elienator likes this.
  15. lnchan

Supporting Member

The Panic Battalion should only be activated when Yimi or Maton is put into the game with this team.

snowconeman22 and STR8Thugg like this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

Say what you want about Yimi, but Maton has been nails this postseason.

17. the shark

the shark Member

Maton has actually pitched pretty good as of late.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

He’s on the taxi squad. Does that mean anything? No? OK.

Plowman likes this.
  19. Rockets34Legend

20. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Imperative that Valdez, Garcia, and Urquidy average at least 4+ innings per start in games 1-3. If Valdez doesn’t go 5 innings tonight it will put the Astros in a huge huge hole.