1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USMNT WC Qualifying

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DaDakota, Aug 12, 2021.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah all that b****ing about the guy being offside, they forgot that Dest was over the backline, no way anyone could be offside and be in play.

DD

2. Aware

Aware Member

Getting away with some real sloppy play. Its a good thing Bryan Ruiz is old and slow as **** cause thats a goal for most strikers

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Huge win. Statistically, that should have increased the US odds of making it a lot. lot a lot

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Lipstick on a pig. They should’ve destroyed a team literally old enough to play in my Sunday O35 league. There was no excuse for the sloppy play, poor passing, and bad decision making. This team is simply not well coached. Berhalter might get us there but it feels like a 1998 or 2006 type of team right now.

5. DaDakota

Very young , put Pulisic and Gio in there it gets better.

DD

6. PhiSlammaJamma

That was some first goal by Dest-USA. It looked like a goal that you would see in the top leagues for once. Beautiful.

7. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Nice comeback win but they will be forever hamstrung by Berhalter/USSF's MLS agenda. Whatever muscle Arriola pulled before the game was MOTM.

DaDakota likes this.
  8. leroy

Pulisic and Reyna were there for the El Salvador game. Many of these guys are playing at the highest levels and in the biggest tournaments already. At some point you have to look hard at the leadership and wonder why it's still such a struggle. There is absolutely no excuse for the result of the Panama game. I get that there's little time together in these window's and it's hard to have cohesiveness. But when you make 7 freaking changes and then change back, you're going to get the results we got. A loss to a inferior team (the road excuse is tired to me) and barely beating a geriatric team at home. The Jamaica game was what this team SHOULD look like and are capable of. These last 2 are more of how they've actually looked most of the time under Berhalter. Disorganized and sloppy.

9. DaDakota

Agreed, but you can't just toss guys together and roll a ball out, you need to have time for them to develop chemistry, I believe it is time to pare down to around 22-25 total - and get to your starting 11, and play them primarily so that when/if you get to the WC, you have that chemistry.

To me this is a bit like the Rockets, they have not looked connected - or consistently connected, yet.

DD

10. leroy

Right…so then don’t change 75% of the starting lineup. That’s my point. Berhalter made a Culley-like mistake against Panama. And then it showed against CR. You’re not seeing the other top 10 nations making entire changes to their lineup. Play to win the game in front of you. He needs to stop worrying about the next game.

11. DaDakota

You won't get an argument out of me, we should be winning all the games other than Mexico which is our equal - the rest even the away games we are favored, just play.

I mean rest a player or two, invert the subs versus starters if you have to - but only a couple, we need to get chemistry - ASAP.

Now that being said there are 8 games left, and Gio and Christian should be ready for the next round of qualifying which is only 2 games......so we should be playing our starters in both, 5 days are in between as well.

DD

12. Aware

Aware Member

Interesting read.

I get it but its always really bothered me. Its like you dont believe you mexican americans can be u.s. soccer fans too.

Not the "right type" of american vibes

13. DaDakota

Soccer is passing baseball and Hockey in the USA, it will continue to grow.

DD

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. Aware

Aware Member

Pretty fitting 2-0
    Although there was a hand ball way before McKennie scored. The usmnt outclassed the hell out of mexicos midfield. Weah mom imo.

Mexico is going to have just as hard of a time against Canada. The cold climate will play a part but mostly because how slow both fullbacks are. The bold guy Rodriguez is easily one of the worst players to have ever played for Mexico in the last 20 years.

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great game. 2nd half was FIRE.

Dos a Cero.

17. DaDakota

No hand ball, that is ball to hand, not hand to ball - not every ball is a hand ball.

And the USA had an excellent plan, Mexico is our equal - they will be a tough tough match at Azteca later....but damn it feels good to win that game.

Dos A Cero too.....awesome...

But I gotta say that RB for Mexico should be suspended for that hand grabbing of Aaronson's eye socket...that was dirty VINTAGE Mexico from 20 years ago.

At least the teams seem to be trending more towards a good hard fought game - a lot less flopping from both sides, and I personally thought the Ref did an amazing job - just letting them play.....

DD

18. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Just got done watching and that was a very satisfying win. That may have been the most aggressive push forward by a US team than I have seen in a long time. Fun game to watch and a great result. Steffen played really well and did great to keep the game 0-0 early. What a boost for qualifying. Dos. A. Cero.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

IF that is what you are going to get from Timonthy Weah. Then the US can make noise in the world cup. Finally, a skilled distributor not named Bradley who was the definition of inconsistent.

20. leroy

Loved every second of that 2nd half. Where is this team on a consistent basis? Just play every game like it’s vs mexico and we crush everyone in the region. The pace. The passion. I realize it’s hard to maintain that for El Salvador. But if Berhalter could just find any way of motivating them to this level, they can do big things. All of that was there in years past but the talent wasn’t. Now it is. They need to remember this on Tuesday.

It was beautiful to finally see the Tim Weah we’ve heard about. The entire midfield was really strong and pressured mexico constantly. I was concerned about the holes left behind them when they’d lose the ball in the offensive 1/3 as it did almost cost them but Zach Steffen was great when he had to be. I was disappointed in Aaronson tonight, though. He had a couple opportunities that should’ve been handled better. Miles Robinson needs to do better with the silly fouls. Guess we’ll get to see a full 90 of Chris Richards on Tuesday now.

I really hope Berhalter doesn’t make wholesale changes again against Jamaica. Richard’s obviously since Robinson will be suspended. Maybe Scally in for Yedlin. Otherwise, leave it alone and go get another 3 points.