1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I can look up pictures of Osuna's gf to know he did something. There is 0 evidence against Deshaun right now.

Let me start this off by saying I do not condone anything Deshaun Watson did. Do I think its wrong, yes, do I think he did something illegal, yes. But what I am having a hard time wrapping my head around is three things.

1. If these women were sexually assaulted or raped as you say, why are they only filing a civil lawsuits against him? Why didn't they go to the police?Seems odd and they could potentially just be out for more money. How many of these Women were truly assaulted vs how many of them are just jumping on him for more money? Even when you read the cases I doesn't even seem like all 22 even have a rightful claim against him. I'd be curious to see what the final numbers turn out to be when this is all said and done.

2. And the reason I say what he did was worse than the other scumbags in the league is. If you were walking down the street and you flashed a girl vs punching her in the face. Which one is worse? Which one would traumatize her more and which one would she remember more? And its all about choice. Even if they felt like he had power over them, all of them still had a choice to make. Some made the right choice some didn't. These other assualt cases in the league there was no choice. These athlete's literally beat on Women half their size.

3. The word Rape defined in the dictionary says sexual intercourse with a threat of personal injury. Deshaun never threaten to harm any of them, so I think you are being extreme. There are soo many levels of sexual harassment. You are sitting here acting like what Deshaun did was the same as R Kelly or Bill Cosby. I think he's more like Tiger Woods and just needs treatment for an addiction. He could make this whole thing go away with money and the fact that he wants to fight it, means I will give him the benefit of the doubt until its proven. Like why take all this bad publicity if he could just settle and get out of it unless he thinks he is absolutely innocent.

clos4life and charlieaustin like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

All these women in the massage industry talk to each other and refer each other too him. Lets be real. I am willing to bet a majority of them knew what he was going to do and went ahead with it anyways.

charlieaustin likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, stop making excuses for a serial sexual assailant.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Rape is one form of sexual assault. Not the only form.

raining threes likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, that's quite the incel take. The testimony of 22 women all hired by the rapist with nearly the same story is "no evidence" in your mind....

It's people like you that enable rapists like Watson or Cosby, that discourage women from coming forward when they've been assaulted.

6. raining threes

I would do this in a heartbeat, even though i would still be on the hook for the signing bonus. You should do the right thing and cut ties with guys with Watson's perversions. Cal/Caserio have decided to hold onto Watson and try to extract some value out of Watson. Thing is, if Watson goes to jail and the Texans get nothing for Watson then what has Cal lost except the 10.3 mil and the signing bonus? I'm certainly not saying that I'm looking at this like Cal/Caserio are.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

There are moral clauses in every contract that will allow the Texans an exit from the contract in cases like this. And what is the value of a rapist on a banana peel to prison? You're tainting your brand by continuing to fund his lifestyle and defense with the 10.3million. They lose all credibility in my eyes. If the guy is a rapist, why are we talking draft picks and signing bonuses? Fire his ass & Move on. Watson isn't the only guy who can play QB in the NFL.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Have you actually read all 22 testimonies? Have seen the evidence that dispute some of these claims?

I am flabbergasted that Cosby is out of jail. That is way more of an outrage to me and it seems like America really doesn't care cuz no one appears to be talking about it. Bill Cosby is a horrible person and what he did is nowhere close to what you are accusing Deshaun of. I can't believe you think these two situations are the same.

You are just as quick to assume Deshaun is guilty as you think I am assuming he is innocent. I never once said he was innocent, I do think he did something. I just don't think its as bad as you make it out to be. I will wait to pass judgement when everything is settled.

All I know is if he pays this off and somehow stays the Texans quarterback you will be the first person cheering for him if we ever win a super bowl. That's just how the sports world is. You will just as quickly forget what he did if he brings us to the promised land. This will never happen and the Texans will most likely trade him for pennies on the dollar.

clos4life likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes which is why I don't downplay his rape allegations the way you are desperately trying to. Keep assuming that it's all a big conspiracy if you like, that nonsensical take was always coming from the incel types. There's simply no excuse for serial sexual abuse..... and the people who enable it and try to cover it up are arguably as bad as those who engage in it.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Watson is a way better QB than Osuna was a pitcher so instead of regular ole virtue-signaling it's a full fledged grand conspiracy in Watson's case.

raining threes and Bobbythegreat like this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you, but this other guy keeps throwing out the word Rape and I think its extreme. Like I said in my post I don't think he' innocent, I just don't think what he did is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I could be proven wrong after this is all wrapped up but from everything I've seen now its just not the case.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That big massage therapist lobby is always up to no good

Joshfast likes this.
  13. CrazyJoeDavola

No but he did put something else on them. *allegedly*

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The part about Kraft I completely disagree with. He was caught on tape once but you know he's frequented that place so the number of women is much higher for Kraft. Also at these soo called places where they knew what was going on a majority of these Women were probably brought over by illegal human trafficking. They have no choice but to do this line of work. I honestly think this makes it worse. Because they have no choice and are basically held against their will..

Since most of them are probably illegal immigrants they have no way of getting justice or freedom.. so Robert Kraft is basically funding the illegal human trafficking operation that is prevelant in America.

Fulgore likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a big difference between a guy paying hookers to a guy stalking women to shock and awe them with his perverted intentions when they were hired for a massage. He staked women on Instagram. If he had hired hookers in downtown Houston that would have been an entity different scenario. Dude's a creep, a possible rapist, and a guy who tries to potray himself as an innocent man. I don''t trust a word out of his mouth.

raining threes and Bobbythegreat like this.
  16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Sooooo what kind of a trade package can we get for deshawn.

Shark44, alethios, UTSA2step and 2 others like this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Sure there is a difference but is it any better? Are you condoning human trafficking? You know these women's are kidnapped and smuggled across the border at a young age. I don't see how what Deshaun did could be any worse. There is a reason most of these soo called massage parlors are in states with a coastline.

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll be honest, I didn't follow the case on Kraft. I just thought it was hookers, so my mistake there. If he paid for sex from young girls being trafficked, then that is definitely worse.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Well, if Deshaun Watson, made a girl travel from Atlanta to Houston to get a massage and probably more, thats also human trafficking, and some reports says that FBI was investigating Watson because of that, so If thats true, Watson did the same thing as Kraft about human trafficking.
    Im not defending Kraft, im just saying Watson was also being investigated about human trafficking.