1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons getting a new zip code?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vator, Jul 13, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Nope, it's not apples to apples. Lebron never passed up on a dunk like Simmons and never shot less than 50% from the FT line. Going to just have to move on.....

I am also talking about off court stuff with Simmon's work ethic...... repeatedly talked about.

And I still disagree it is the same as Simmons. The player splits are completely different. Again going to need to move on.....

Compared to "bad" as you went with?

And I only used the term in response to your poor argument about players with max contract expectations....

You were the one who constantly used "public shaming'" to prop up your poor argument of how a max player doesn't desevere to be called out by his own teammate and coach.

Sure, and obviously the Sixers were fed up with Simmon's work ethic and his play.

My point is Simmon's deserved it, even if it wasn't the best move. Do you think the Sixers haven't privately tried reaching Simmons, tried getting him to improve since they drafted him?

AGAIN...... IT'S ABOUT HIS SIXERS TENURE...... keep ignoring that part..... keep ignoring his work ethic.

2. dmoneybangbang

Exactly..... this is cause and effect. Simmons has been an entitled diva, with poor work ethic, with objectively worse play as time goes on........ so it came to a head.

Do I think it would be better for the Sixers organization had Doc and Embiid not been so honest? Sure, but it seems like getting called out publicly was overdue for Simmons.

jordnnnn likes this.
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

And it appears no one deflects blame for players who deserve it more than you.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m actually in the camp that believes Simmons is hugely underrated, but I agree with your point.

5. dmoneybangbang

Simmons is underrated as a player, but will be overrated when you have to outbid another team and deal with that contract in my opinion.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The splits are different because one is Lebron James top 5 all time player and one is Simmons, but the fact is Lebron's biggest knock was that he was scared of big moments.

Again. I don't even care about how good or bad he was on the court.

Point is, YOU used the term then turned around and act like it was me that brought it up when I only used it in response to you.

Because YOU literally said that he deserves public shaming...

My point is it was a terrible move and the Sixers have been paying for it ever since. It solved nothing, absolutely nothing.

Because once again my point and only point is that you can't be surprised that Simmons wants out with the thigns that were said. You're bringing all this extra stuff in here that I don't care about.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hey, anything for you to bring up Westbrook in another thread lol, either you have a crush on him or me, I can't tell at this point, likely both.

Also, you can quote me where I deflected blame. I've said over and over again Simmons played bad, likely has anxiety issues, among many other things.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have no idea why you've been responding to me when that's my point, that's always been my point.

9. dmoneybangbang

Because you said this:

I clearly thought it should factor and that it went beyond Ben's poor play and responded with this:

And here we are.....

10. dmoneybangbang

I used it once... I didn't realize this was going to be your entire argument, "public shaming". Frankly I should have said "hurting Ben Simmons' feelings by telling the truth".

As I've clearly shown in the other post, my original argument was that it was "more than just Ben's bad play".

Ben Simmons never improving and working on his game was a terrible move. Sixers compounded their mistake in drafting Simmons but publicly hurting his feelings with truth, not even mean truth.

The Atlanta series was just confirmation for the Sixers and the fanbase.

Because it's relevant to the situation.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol. Still want to defend Wessy?

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Look, let's just move on from this because again, we mostly agree. The only reasno I made that post is because no one in this thread seemed to consider Simmons POV or his camps POV and so I made a simple post that "Oh yeah I can see why Simmons wants to be traded." which again is kind of irrelevant because the Sixers were trying to trade him before any of this went down, according to plenty of rumors and that...again, according to rumors and kind of confirmed by something Embiid said recently, is what initially ticked Simmons off. Simmons has to get over that, it's a business if you don't play well enough you'll be included in trade rumors.

My whole point was that the Sixers bundled this completely and made a bad situation much worse. I think this is pretty much proven by how they rallied to publicly apologize to Simmons and then you have a bunch of quotes from Doc and Embiid right after talking about how much they want him back and so on and so on because they know they said things they probably shouldn't have...

Easy likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Brah, I stopped talking about Westbrook about when he left the Rockets. You're the guy still bringing him up constantly and wanting to talk about him. Not me. Probably the first time he was brought up in this thread...by you, not me.

Last time I talked about Westbrook was when he was modeling for wearing that dress. I don't have these odd hate boners for dudes I don't know.

Russ getting elected into the HOF won't be a good day for you...I can't even imagine what you'd do if he were to win ring.

14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So then yes, you would like to keep defending him.

Brah. lol

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You really took that debate we had like 2 years ago pretty badly huh?

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

There was nothing to take badly. You were the one saying Westbrook was still really good and it wasn’t his fault that he took and bricked all those mid range jumpers that he has been told he is bad at. And that he didn’t have a low bball IQ.

And if you will remember I never said Westbrook wouldn’t make the hall of fame. Or that he shouldn’t. It was that he was a bad player before we got him. He was a bad player when we got him and he is still a bad player who is a bonehead on the court and it’s entirely his doing. Not his coaches or teammates.

Your debate with Dmoney here just reminded me of you being on the wrong side of a debate where you had a weird, passionate defense for a player who clearly deserves the blame for their actions on and off the court.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

For a few years now I yell out to my son on occasion during soccer and basketball games "WB!" so that he is reminded to hustle hard. I don't even do it every game but when I do he starts going harder. It's kind of funny.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol I'm not even going to address the Westbrook stuff as I have no idea why you want to still talk about it. Just wait for the season and I'm sure you'll have more Westbrook content to enjoy and discuss.

The problem is I never defended Simmons on the court or off the court but he has a right to be upset or feel slighted by the organization treated him so it wasn't as 'passionate' a defense as you think. I've said many times that he played bad but that simply wasn't my point. We've had like 30 pages of that anyways so I'm sorry I didn't join in on the dogpile.

The off the court issues I've said a few times Simmons likely has mental issues, should I be harsher? What level of criticism is good enough for you? For all the people that say 'He doesn't work on his game' I simply disagree. There was even a post in this thread with an article that talks about him working on his shot late nights in the gym the problem is and always has been that he's traumatized about actually shooting it. There's always stories of him working on his shot but for whatever reason he's terrified of shooting it and seeing the results of his work. Honestly, there is little else for him to work on as hard as that as he'd easily be a top 5 player with an outside shot and might be the best player in the league if he added it.

I love how if I'm not as hard against a player it's now 'defending' them instead of just trying to be fair but now I need to think he's a terrible, lazy, or stupid then I'm some kind of 'only fan' or defender or something.

I pointed out, rightly I should add, that the Sixers made this situation worse. We talked about other situations similar to this where someone on the team called a player out and none of those situations ended particularly well for the team in question. That's all.

19. dmoneybangbang

We don't mostly agree. I think Simmons is most responsible for his situation, not the Sixers for publicly telling the truth. The Sixers tried to trade Simmons because the culmination of his career led them to believe he wasn't a good fit after bending over backwards for him. Simmons not getting any better is the cause of all this and that's on him.

Easy likes this.