1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Damion Laverne

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The panthers will be an absolute force in the NFC with Watson.

I’m taking
    Darnold
    Picks
    Hubbard
    Keith Taylor

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want Darnold. This is his 4th year playing and this year he has 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. His career so far is 51 touchdowns and 45 interceptions. I'd rather stick with Mills and get more 1st round picks.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That doesn’t explain the fall out with AJ and Rootes. Cal suddenly changing course at the behest of Easterby, someone will Cal stated would not have any input, does though IMO.

Also Stros traded for a guy who had just been arrested 2 months earlier for beating the mother of his 3 year old kid. Guessing they’re pro women beaters?

#904 gucci888, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  5. gucci888

Sure there is. But there is a reason why they aren’t exercised it. You don’t let a player of his caliber walk out the door. Whatever draft picks we get for him is more important than the $10M or so Cal is currently paying him.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We're far beyond draft picks and football now. This guy very possibly committed a serious crime involving multiple victims. It's time to move on.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And you let the team you trade him to deal with that. After they give you assets. There is no reason to do anything until you get what you want.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yeah, because the Texans have been so good at getting assets out of any deal. This guy could go to to jail and other teams know it. I doubt they are going to get what folks are thinking. Besides , I wouldn't want to be associated with this mess. Rape? Exercise the out clause, Fire the guy and move on. Go Find another QB.

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Caserio is not the same as the past. The Texans will be associated with it no matter what. Might as well get the return u want.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not concerned about any tantrum a former player threw over a good choice for GM. I don't care who gave advice, I care if a good pick was made....and by all indications it was.

As to Osuna, the victim didn't want him prosecuted but he still served a 75 game suspension for what he did. I have no problem giving people a second chance for a mistake once they've been punished. Watson has never been punished at all for sexually assaulting over 20 women.....it's not in the same stratosphere as the Osuna incident

11. gucci888

Osuna had been arrested and was formally charged for assault when the Astros traded for him. Neither is the case for DW4 as of today so I agree, not in the same stratosphere. The withdrawal and punishment in Osuna’s case didn’t occur until after he was here.

Awfully hypocritical if you weren’t labeling the Stros as pro-whatever at that time…

#911 gucci888, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Osuna served his punishment, Watson hasn't.

Osuna made a single mistake where he hit a woman, Watson sexually assaulted over 20 women over several years.

The Watson simping is out of control.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Texans “simping” is way out of control if you’ve mindf*cked yourself into believing that they’re “punishing” a rapist by paying/funding him $10million/( with many mills to come) and allowing him to stay employed by the organization.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like this is a bad example. I think what Osuna did was 10 times worse than Watson. Watson never put his hands on a Women. He's pervert who decides to flash his junk at multiple Women. And he paid them for a little extra. And so far that is all we know about this case. If it comes with more details or evidence I stand corrected. But each and every one of them could have just said no and not taken the money. Even though Osuna only attacked 1 person, his attack was way worse. Same way I feel about Tyreke Hill, Antonio Brown and the countless other players who are still playing in this league. This why I fully believe that when we do trade Watson, he will play and play well for whatever team. One day he may even win a Super Bowl and no one will remember these allegations because he will never get convicted or sent to jail for it.

The nfl literally has a video of the Patriots owner doing the same thing and getting caught. And he 0 punishment. Is the difference he went to a place that allowed it? But really does it matter if its illegal?

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You’re down playing what Watson did.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.... so what Osuna did is 10 times worse than rape?

Lol wow.

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He has not been convicted of Rape. That is a huge accusation. Everything you read is just him soliciting prostitution etc. I still don't get how you can rape someone orally. Can't they just bite it off.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If I am please enlighten me on what you think he did? Because everything I read is a bunch of he said she said. Some of the women have no credibility and will probably be dropped from the suit. I understand he is in a position of power and them saying no to him might have felt like it negatively impacted their careers etc. But the difference between this and Tyreke hill is that they still had a choice. Tyreke Hill's GF did not. She literally got punched.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Osuna, Hill and a whole laundry list of others are total pieces of ****. I’m not arguing that.
    Sexual assault of over 22 women is pretty extreme. Not quite what Kraft did. They knew he was going in paying for sex.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Osuna was never convicted of anything if that's the game you want to play.

22 women he hired as massage therapists all accuse him off some kind of sexual assault.... but "it's just accusations"

Okay....