1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green - what are your expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 11, 2021.

1. NewAge

NewAge Member

What an ignorant and frankly disgusting post! Nobody has said anything about anyone's sexuality, and what does sexuality have to do with this?
    I said Jalen looks a bit feminine... but so does Justin Bieber, who is also straight.
    You know who is gay? Jason Collins, remember that guy? One tough motherf---er! Have you seen Jason Collins get mashed on boxouts the way Jalen Green does?
    You're disgusting, but there is a lot of that going around. I know guys who were active in the gay rights movement and who are super-pissed about how their work is getting hijacked for all kinds of other weird queer causes. People are stepping on the success of the gay rights movement to push all kinds of other agendas, settle scores and what not...
    I understand you're a Green fanboi and are upset when people point how soft he is. But to try to twist things to a degree to implicate his critics in homophobia is truly pathetic!

CXbby likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

People are all over the place.

Jalen Green is going to be a good NBA player and his likely outcome is being an all star a handful of times.......

We can hope for more and still be okay with a little less....

Jalen Green isn't James Harden or Dwayne Wade or Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan..... he just physically isn't and to EXPECT that from him isn't fair.... but he also isn't a scrub by any stretch of the imagination.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think a lot of the hype did him a disservice.

Those who kept insisting he was the next Michael Jordan set the bar for success or failure higher than it ever reasonably should have been.

He probably won't be the best player on the Rockets any time soon, but that won't mean he's a "bust", which is what I'm sure a lot of people will say.

Red.Glare, clos4life, Nook and 2 others like this.
  4. BonziWellsGOAT

"Frankly disgusting post" lmfao I knew you would come out and pearl clutch but what you were getting at was transparent. First of all I'm a Rockets fan not a Green fanboi as you say. The femininity stuff was one thing but then you started mentioning his gender and other **** was weird. Everyone knows what you were getting at. Also backtracking with Jason Collins being better at boxing out lmfao he was a big man of course he got beat off his spot less. I knew you would deny it so I'm not shocked but that was way over the top

5. NewAge

NewAge Member

So what exactly are you saying? You know better than me what I meant to say? How about not making any presumptions and just take me literally for what I say? Is that hard?

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

I gotchu

Yeah I never liked Green (as the #2 pick) even before the draft. What do you want me to say when he actually looks like dog sht on my own team. Yet when he makes a couple of shots I still say good things about him even though he was getting destroyed on D by Jimmy Butler.

I never claimed to always be right. Suggs has been underwhelming, but at least plays terrific defense. I was wrong on Marcus Morris. Right on Lowry, Luka, Sengun. Hopefully wrong on Green. I have to be right 100% of the time to be allowed to express my opinion?

I said I think Green could avg 25 ppg one day, what more do you want? That doesn't mean he's beyond criticism today. He's not a good player yet. He wasn't a good player in the g league. He has the potential to be one. How is this controversial?

#326 CXbby, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    tycoonchip and clos4life like this.
  7. BonziWellsGOAT

Bro if that's not what you were getting at what was the point of saying he's "ambiguously gendered" which first of all is dumb what is that even based on? He has long hair and painted a couple nails? But more importantly what bearing does that have on anything? Could you explain that?

8. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, he isn't physically Jordan or James or Harden or Wade.

He simply doesn't have the physical size or wingspan or length that those players had.

He can do somethings very well, he is a great straight line runner like Steve Francis was and he has the potential to be a very good shooter and with effort can be at least an average defender.

Could he become a Hall of Famer? Sure, he has some high level physical skills, but I don't think people should expect it. He is more likely to be an all star than a superstar, and that is okay for what was available in the draft. If he becomes "Robin" and the Rockets get "Batman" elsewhere, then it was a great draft.

Let's just let him play and develop and HOPE he becomes special, but not assume it or expect it.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Welcome to the.... NewAge?

10. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

ROOKIE WALL or Busty BUST?
    cmon, merely 3 preseason games.
    i refuse jumping the ship, before i can see Stone bringing in a right coach w/ right system, uh uh, not yet

[​IMG]

JG might never grow into MJ, mamba or even TheBeard, but his talent absolutely right there, at 19, deserves much of our patience for seeing him grow into a better HIMSELF.

[​IMG]

ApacheWarrior and TriumVirate like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And you assume I'm white?? How funny. I've already blocked borderline racists from this site for less then the insinuations that you and your troupe have tried to proffer from one another.

If you dont like Jalens game then argue that instead of injecting your own projections and insecurities and then the conversation would stay on track instead of cosigning each others ridiculous takes.

Arent you the same guy who fell over himself for one of the Morris twins? That worked out real well for you. Keep prognosticating your self absorbed abilities to parrot real analysts or better yet start your own platform where you can "show the world" how good you are at spotting talent.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I always thought the Kobe and Jordan comparisons were nonsense anyway.

Most comparisons I saw were Bradley Beal, Lavine and maybe Booker. Which is attainable depending on how hard he works on his game

clos4life, cmoak1982 and Nook like this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

I'd expect any 19 year old just entering the league to get exposed by Jimmy freaking Butler. And many members on clutchfans were high on Sengun. Together we are all so happy. Luckily the GM you claim to be the very best in the league let him slip right through his fingers. As for the Rockets organization this draft was viewed as an overwhelming success and certainly not the massive screw up with long term consequences you proclaimed it would be.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Wait what? I've only been talking about Jalens game. YOU are the insecure SJW bringing race and whatever other crap into this. And where did I say you were white? You are the piece of sht insinuating that I would start using the N word. You are disgusting. Block me b****

NewAge likes this.
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

I did not blame Jalen for getting worked by Butler, in fact I praised him for sticking with it. Weird for someone who hates him so much.

16. MystikArkitect

I miss the days we were overreacting to summer league games when Jalen was a surefire HOF and the next Kobe. Now we're overreacting to preseason games and he's the next JR Smith.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

Sure. So what I've been saying is that Jalen looks a bit feminine, to me and to many other people. My wife has no interest in basketball, and she asked me if that was a girl when I was watching Green on Youtube... So that's what it is and that's what I stand by.
    "Ambiguously-gendered" is probably over the top, I'll admit that. The temperature got too high.

Bottom-line for me is I am disappointed about how meek and soft he's been so far. If he turns into a dog on the floor, while keeping up the feminine persona that would be one super-dope thing, actually. If he can pull it off it will be insane. Westbrook, Rodman, what these guys did were stags, just goofing off. This kid is genuinely feminine, if he grows into a badass-baller that would be super-dope. So far it has been the opposite though, he's been playing like the stereotype, unfortunately...

That's all really. A bunch of morons decided to turn it into a political/wokeness shitshow here...

CXbby likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I love that tweet you posted and had forgotten I had seen it. This team if it works out right has the chance to be a great one.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Cry more you insecure bully.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lolol using your wife as a barometer for what a masculine man or feminine man looks like, practically every man she runs across could perhaps be a woman in her eyes (cept maybe that mountain guy from game of thrones) but alas..., When she is married to a specimen like yourself.

Jalen needs to take some f'ing notes from you bro

Verbal Christ likes this.