1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Cancer Kid- Donate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is so in his wheelhouse. I'm proud to see what he creates.

2. Roscoe Arbuckle

I overreached. It happens.

3. Roscoe Arbuckle

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Been here 20 years. I expect apathy and ridicule. But I had to post it.

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Just now catching up on this. Hope your son is doing well and glad he was able to receive proper medical care with the state of our hospitals.

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

I love all of you following this. This is the update.

First, let me say this since June 12 when the first sign of Cancer presented itself, William has been nothing but strong and courageous. William hates needles and God knows throughout this journey he has had is fair share of them. He still hates them but knows the meds he needs can only be put in his body this way.
    So, without great detail I can tell you this from yesterday’s scan. He has had 3 rounds of chemotherapy and there are new tumors, tumors that have stayed the same, some have grown. The hardest for me is now they are attacking his lungs. His lungs have the biggest tumors and have multiplied in new growth.
    As his mother, my breath was taken away and once again I stand numb, lost, confused, hurt, and so much more. When you look at this beautiful little soul you would never know he was sick. I HATE CANCER. I am at a loss for words so I close with this, please keep not only William but myself, his father, bonus mom and all siblings along with immediate family in prayers please.
    William, I am going to fight everyday with you until WE BEAT THIS. If I could take your place, again I would have already done so. However, I can not but I can provide you love, comfort, and peace.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ugh...I'm so sorry.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, man. So sorry. Will definitely hug my kids a little tighter tonight.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Welp. No good news here. Ironic that the boy looks healthy as hell.

Short and to the point. William had his 2nd CT scan and it came back worse than the first. Cancer is rapidly taking over. He started new 2 new meds and we will do 2 rounds of that and do another CT Scan the 2nd week of November. Meanwhile, we are getting a second opinion from MDA on treatment plan IF this medication does not work.
    I am a realest, don't be around the bush or sugar coat anything for me. Knowing this information, I am not looking forward to Thanksgiving. This medication hasn't had the best success rate for CHILDREN. Why you ask ? Because less than 5% of children get this kind of cancer. William falls in a 0.5% because he is translocation and clear cell.
    As you can see in these pictures taken last Sunday, he looks so incredibly HEALTHY from the outside. Meanwhile his body fights inside to take his life. Please .... I beg no one to tell me stay positive because I am, I believe in God, I have faith but a 30 year study is the best knowledge one can get of the outcome of this CANCER.
    I love William and I will never stop fighting for you. I wish all your days was like that Sunday. Happy, full of energy and just being a beautiful 10 year old boy.

[​IMG]

Yung-T and Xerobull like this.
  10. Roscoe Arbuckle

Pray for William. That'd be cool.

Two Sandwiches and Yung-T like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I've continued to do so... hopefully he can fight through this.

Yung-T and Roscoe Arbuckle like this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

This is not a surprise, but it is terminal cancer. And even mosquito bites are causing massive sores.

I truly pray the Astros win it all this year. To us, 2017 was just a bit ago. To him, being 6 vs being 10 is all the difference in knowing the sport, players, etc.

If anyone knows how I can download a video from my phone online, I'd love to share it.

Buck Turgidson, Yung-T and Xerobull like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That confirmation is terrible. Poor baby. Breaks my heart.

I've sworn off the Astros since the cheating scandal, but I'll be rooting for them for his sake.

Email the video to yourself.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

I have it. He's such a thankful boy.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Many ways, but clutchfans requires the vid to be hosted somewhere, so since you use FB, I’d recommend that method.

I guess you don’t do the Facebook App? The Facebook App allows you to upload pics and vids directly from your phone, that’s how most ppl on FB share, since most content is on their phone.

once the vid is on FB (assuming the vid is marked public) do this to get the URL, which you could then insert into a post here. This last step doesn’t require the FB app,,,it can be done from your desktop.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

This may seem like a silly ask, but he loves old arcade games, so he's been going to the new Cidercade downtown which, oddly enough, my biz partner has a membership.

Point being he is up and down with being able to get up and go. He does have a PS4 so if there are any tribute classic game combos for that, that'd be awesome. I've said he can have my 360 and my Midway collection already, but she fears her older son won't know how to hook it up (highly doubtful, but still)

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

She sent it to me as a message and it's downloaded to my phone, which is a droid.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Right, but what HP said is still valid. Go to your FB page. Select add a photo/video to your post. You should have the opportunity to select something from your phone gallery (on my Samsung, there is a Gallery app). You shoukd be able to upload directly from there.

An alternate method is to create a YouTube account and upload it to there and then share that link.

HOWEVER, if she texted you the video, it may be really poor quality.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That’s why I said use the Facebook App to upload to fb.

if it’s on your phone, it’s available for upload via the App

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9AYN7CNW9gWVwb8T8

Best I could figure out, but the link works for me. I got this for him right after he was diagnosed. He looks like any other ten year old.

Let me know if it is viewable here.

#140 Roscoe Arbuckle, Oct 9, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    Yung-T likes this.