1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 10/7/2021 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 6, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

ESPN and NBA.com

2. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Basketball Reference says 4.0 too, so does ESPN. 3.3 was his average last year

"C'mon"

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

My bad.

But I guarantee that Augustin will not average 4 with the Rockets.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I agree, ideally he would have a smaller role than that. My whole point is that he's a decent bench PG that is worth playing in the preseason because the young guys might benefit from the offensive "structure" a vet PG can hypothetically provide

BigggReddd likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Is it? Why? Green scores more points?

Next game watch EVERYTHING both players do. On and Off the ball.

Make a tally.

Because so far in very limited minutes that tally Sengun leads convincingly

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Very limited? He played 18 minutes last game, just behind the starters. He also primarily played again backups, whereas Green scored 20 in under 30 mostly against the starters.

Either way, it’s absolutely arrogant to declare one rookie “better” than another based on two preseason games in which we’re not even running plays.

10. Downtown Sniper

I didn't realise I should've dumbed it down. But my intention of saying limited minutes was to further emphasise the gap between the minutes Green plays vs Sengun.

That's ok. I knew you were talking about scoring making him a better player. That's why I said it in the hopes that you wouldn't. But alas.

It's not really arrogant to point out something obvious. Let me guess I'm racist too for thinking it?

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Man, you’re an odd duck. But keep thinking you can tell who is a better player based on two preseason games in which a player excelled against backups.

Man, can you imagine overhyping a player based on how they play against backups? That’s never happened in the history of sports.

12. i3artow i3aller

They both deserve all the burn they can handle this year. Their development is of the utmost importance to our future. Co ROYs playing on the same squad is tough [​IMG]

Denovo, 18pbr, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Man, you have zero comprehension skills. When exactly did I overhype a player? Did I claim Sengun would win MVP this year? Did I say he'll be as good as Jokic this year? That's what overhyping is. Seems I have to dumb it down. Again. For you.

No. I didn't overhype.

What I have done though is what I told you to do. Something I wish you would have done instead of making a fool of yourself.

In every game that's happened so far, I have counted many, many, many more things in a tally that Sengun does better to affect the game.

And it has only been a couple of summer league and now preseason games. So the smallest of small sample sizes.

But I am a simple man. Things are black and white to me. If someone performs better on the court at every opportunity so far, that to me shows they're a better player.

Assuming someone is better because they were drafted higher that's just... Dare I say it. Overhyping someone? Crazy huh.

Oh that's right. Green scores more points. He's better

D-rock likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Scoring points is the most important thing you can do as a NBA player though.

I'm sorry dude. There is a reason why Green was a 2nd pick overall and Sengun was in the teens.

Both are the future though. Don't want to divide our fanbase again with these only fans divisions.

Green also played against Heat starters primarily and Heat starters are elite at defense from Lowry to Butler. What Green shows is an ability to get a clean look for himself at nearly any time and for a 19 year old that is impressive. Sengun is a high IQ player also. Probably the highest IQ ball player out of any of our bigs currently and he's much younger than our other bigs. The great thing is that Sengun and Green's game compliment each others very well. Green is a great high post playmaker while Green can be a great on ball and off ball scorer.

18pbr likes this.
  15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Weak defense. Undersized once again. No true 3-D guy. Just smaller, outworked, lazy 1-1 defense and slow rotations/missed assignments. Starts with the 2 guards.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

wished Sengun was taller and bigger. He’d be a very interesting prospect. Just too short and small for a true 5.

NewAge likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Dream was also undersized...
    His game is also more fan because of it....

draymond green is also undersized, still it didnt prevent him from dominating every single big in the league

banzai likes this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Word. The guy is 19 doesn’t even speak English on a young ass team. For a few casuals he’s already garbage. Go Be a laker fan if you want to play NBA 2K in real life.

cmoak1982, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am surprised by flashes green has shown, but for now sengun has better production of stats and eye test contribution to team

D-rock likes this.
  20. PatBev

PatBev Member

Honestly Wall is such a stand up guy for doing this. Dude knows the fans and organization want KPJ/Green in the backcourt and he is completely stepping aside with no public b****ing

…. and he probably knows nobody will give up value for him if he gets hurt again. Win win for everybody

Y2JT and 18pbr like this.