1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 10/7/2021 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Let's be serious... the Heat were destroying the Rockets when it was "real players" vs. "real players". Then the scrubs came in around the 3rd-4th quarters and the gap was closed. Had the Heat played a real game and played their starters most of the game, do you honestly think it would've been a 7 point game? The game was pretty much a joke when the Heat starters were playing. Butler, Adebayo, Lowry, and Tucker each played about 1-2 quarters and took the rest of the night off.

D-rock likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Cavs fans that I know think they are worst than the Rockets, so I assumed they don't think highly of Mobley.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We have far too many players that need playing time - literally all of these players can play somewhat in the NBA.

Wall
    Gordon
    House
    KPJ
    Wood
    Theis
    Green
    Senguin
    Augustine
    Brooks
    Christopher
    Tate
    KMJ
    Exum
    Garuba

I mean all of those guys can play - somewhat.....and you can't play them all....we need at most a 10 man rotation........cut out :

Wall
    Exum
    Garuba

Those are easy - then who are the next 2-4 not in the rotation?

Christopher
    Brooks

We need to move some people, like maybe House, and Gordon - to free up minutes otherwise it will be a complete chemistry mess.

DD

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I guess that's why NBA GMs chose Mobley as the best player in this draft after 5 years.

:rolleyes:

5. kiwirocketsfan

That’s what G League is for.

JayGup and Garuba should get lots of minutes there.

Wall isn’t playing period.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Can't argue. It seemed like Lowry was wreaking the Rockets most of the game, but he only played 19 minutes. That surprised me. Not surprised at how good he played, though. I'm a fan. Herro and Robinson played the most minutes, 25 and 24 respectively. The Heat went deep into their bench and they were just playing havoc with our young guys.

I know we must have played some defense at some point, but I can't recall more than little bits of D here and there. Was that game what they call a "learning experience?" I hope they learned something from it. Hell, I really, really hope Coach Silas did.

D-rock likes this.
  7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Brooks is important to our team, he is one of the best shooters on our team. We need to play with the second team more often and play at least 20 minutes a game. He needs to be a offense threat for our team. I think he can shoot 10 to 11 times a game and i believe he can make 4 to 5 3's a game.

8. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Never supported House getting minutes in any of my posts, ever. I have explicitly stated the opposite.

I've also explicitly stated that this roster is full of young talent.

And I've also stated that if the rotations are costing us games during the regular season then go ahead and complain. I'll join you.

Your reply to me here is 100% nonsense

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Only watched first half.

really didn’t like anything I saw except Sengun and kpj moves. Didn’t think green took many good shots and was very unimpressed with theis. Wood would have been so good next to harden :(

however, I really like the heats chances… if dipo can contribute at all, they have a really solid 7. I could see them beating nets and bucks with their depth, youth, versify and coaching. My dark horse this year so far.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Did I say they anything about a lineup of death anywhere? That they are our best players? No. I said they have closed out the two preseason games so far. I don't know where you guys get this ****.

11. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I don't necessarily even disagree, just saying that the preseason is the time to figure this stuff out

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok man.
    Then what are you even trying to say?

What vets do you want to play? And what young players are getting “enough time” as you put it.

You keep talking about costing games in the regular season. Do you think the Rockets are going to win many games with the current vets or young players?

If so, I don’t know what to tell you.

D-rock likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Right, except you don’t need to figure out what the vets can do. Not when the majority of the team is young players. Overwhelming majority

D-rock likes this.
  14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

The only vets we don't need to figure out are House and Gordon. Playing DJ is smart because he can run a coherent offense for the young guys. Theis is new to the team so he should be getting some run as well.

Aside from that, the other vets I named should only be playing to help get them in game shape conditioning-wise

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well they picked Wiseman for that last year. I bet if you re-poll those same GMs on if they'd rather have Ball or Wiseman in 4 years, that all 30 would prefer Ball.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Touche!

Time will tell.

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Just read my post, I said what I meant and didn't mean anything I didn't say.

I don't have any opinion about who is getting "enough" time. My opinion is that you guys are being ridiculous and whining (like always) about the coach's reasoning, to which you are not privy and thus cannot properly evaluate. And neither am I, so I'm going to hold off from kvetching like a little baby until we can evaluate these decisions in a regular season context when there will be less trial and error to see what sticks.

How many games I think the team will win is totally irrelevant to you guys b****ing about preseason minutes.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Teams close out games with their death lineups.

This is not rocket science man.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you really have nothing to add but you are losing your mind because others actually want to vent about issues they consider pertinent?

In other words, you are b****ing about other people b****ing.

hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Not necessarily, this is the ****ing preseason.

We can't simultaneously be saying that Silas needs to be playing the young guys more while also complaining about having them finish games, can we?

Well yes, because this is Clutchfans.

I'm not really sure what your point is in this argument. My point is that these guys are getting meaningful minutes, whether or not they are getting as many minutes as some would prefer