1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 10/7/2021 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 6, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

That would be great too.

Neither Theis or Garuba are Horry types.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

We haven’t finished plan A yet, but when plan C rolls around look out Coach Silas

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Totally different, but I do miss Robert swiping shots from the weak side

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sengun also needs plays to get him ball at elbow and low post.

Silas doesnt know how to maximize this kids optionality.

Sengun is so skilled, he really should be point center on that 2nd unit.

Snipa needs to play with Sengun, their games would be crazy complementary.

Rockets actually need MORE snipers from 3.

Dropping Khyri was stupid, House is the one who should have been waived. Or Augustin.

Maybe sign Ryan Broekhoff who is playing in Australia now. Weaver AND Silas should be very familiar with him.

hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

who is snipa?

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas recognized before game how Heat play with force, physicality and intense pace.

Why doesnt this Rockets team play with similar force and pace?

Rockets are very young so understandably not as physical but no excuse for not playing with crazy high energy.

That starting 5 lacks energy, nevermind any force.

And none of the vets provide any physicality.

Perhaps only EGo.

#1126 D-rock, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Silas has a tell.

Or two.

When he is uncomfortable with a question, he rubs his eye and/or his arm.

LOL

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Armoni Brooks

D-rock likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Armoni Brooks

10. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I will never defend any man for putting House in particular on the floor.

But you're wrong that the priority shouldn't be to win games. Maybe not the only priority but the main priority like I said. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to play the young guys 30+ minutes while simultaneously not prioritizing winning basketball. These guys will develop according to the environment around them. So often young guys that play big roles on bad teams often develop very bad habits that they later fail to overcome.

He is playing the young guys, maybe not as much as you like but it's not like they're buried at the end of the bench. You're painting a false picture there. Green is in the starting lineup.

If you want insight into Silas' minutes strategy look back at how KJ worked his way into playing a big role for us down the stretch last year.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Trying to win now is how you get stuck in mediocrity.
    Not developing young talent, playing middling talent level vets to get in at the bottom of the play-in seeds and get mid level picks.
    It’s not going to make this team better. They need to be honest and realize they have another year of not being good at minimum. So develop the youngsters, get the additional prize of better picks and then you can start to free up cap space after this season.

seopee likes this.
  12. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I literally said the preseason isn't about winning and losing.

And like I also said, some preseason groupings might be incompatible because you're trying to find out which players fit together best and which don't.

JC has been on the floor at the end of both games, which have both been close. Those are meaningful minutes. Garuba is a bit further down the list of priorities because we need to see what Sengun, KJ and Theis can bring to the table this year.

I think some people here will just complain no matter what and need at least one thing to b**** about at all times

13. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I was shocked that he did not say, "I was disappointed that my team did not play with the same force and pace...this will never happen again guys.....this one is on me"!
    Also, Stone made a bad singing with Thesis, he is just a backup center. This guy is a center with hardly no rebounds in his career as a center. The one thing i remember Gundy said, If you can rebound and pass as a big man you will be fine. Sengun is PHYSICAL, he is not scared to rebound and a elite passer. Theis is not physical or can block shots. Also, Silas is using the wrong personnel, we need to see more Brooks with the second team(no need to worry about defense nobody is playin' defense anyway). I believe in Porter but he has to score 20 plus a game, and now i'm confuse about Wood. He scored 21 points a game and almost 10 rebounds last year he needs to be 25 points a game and at least 11 rebounds this year and 2 block a game.....if he want a MAX CONTRACT.....if he is not doing that he needs to be traded. Sengun needs to start right now and Gordon needs to start at SF.

PG- SCOOT, AUGUSTIN
    SG- GREEN, BROOKS
    SF- GORDON, TATE
    PF- WOOD, (MARTIN OR NWABA)
    C- SENGUN, THEIS

SEND GARUBA AND CHRISTOPHER TO THE G-LEAGUE
    CUT HOUSE AND KEEP EXUM FOR A TRADE DOWN THE LINE

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Trying to win now is a path to mediocrity only when you give up future assets.

Developing a losing culture by not having vets to show the young guys what winning basketball looks like is the most-traveled path to mediocrity (or worse).

This team is developing young talent, the roster is full of it. You're trying to make it black or white to suit your flimsy argument.

clos4life and hakeem94 like this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

It’s going to be a longggg season with these knee jerk reactions I’m reading.

We’re not making the playoffs, and we’re going to lose a lot of basketball games. So brace for it yet again. If this team came keep things competitive and not get blown out, that’s a win in my book. The young guys need to take their lumps now.

…those attacking Silas need to relax - he had the number one offense in Dallas and highest nba offensive efficiency in nba history. Is KPJ luka? Hell no. Is Christian Wood, Porzingas? Absolutely not. So he clearly has work to do. But let’s not act like he’s out there rolling the ball out and asking them to “play hard” like Mchale did.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Flimsy?
    The only thing flimsy is your support for Gordon and House getting any minutes.

Im sorry you can’t see the young talent on this team. And that you’re ok with the minimal minutes they have received is enough. That’s what’s flimsy.

And yes it is clearly black and white. You act as if these vets are creating a winning culture for the young players, that’s laughable. In fact there’s more of a chance this team wins by playing some of the younger talent.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

forgive us for not being willing to be silas guinea pigs...he needs to show something or go....keep him as an assistant if you like his personality and whatever but the real leader need to be given the head coach position...

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS
    perhaps the problem is silas has been given orders to not win many games again

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

So you really believe that JC and HOUnds are the Rockets death line up to close out regular season games????

If so, then Silas needs to be fired now.

A team's death line up is made up team's very best players.

If JC and the HOUnds are the Rockets best players then it is pure incompetence to only play them at end of games.

#1139 D-rock, Oct 8, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree about not developing losing culture.

I disagree with everything else you said.

Silas is playing the WRONG combination of vets and young players.

His starting 5 is a shyte show. They lack any chemistry or cohesiveness at all.

WTF was he seeing in training camp to believe these guys work well together???

Green should be 6th man and torching 2nd units.

Theis should play with Sengun because he acts like a perimeter player while Sengun works best in paint.

Scoot/Green/Augustin
    EGo/Armoni/JC/Exum
    Tate/KJ/Nwaba
    Garuba/Theis
    Wood/Sengun (point center)

House needs to just go away.

cmoak1982 likes this.