1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's NEVER been....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bill OBrien INTENTIONALLY sabotaged this team in order to get fired and instead he was promoted. Hard to wrap my mind around that. Its too bad that Cal McNair is just too incompetent to see the trainwreck in progress and do something to try and stop it. The doldrums that encompass this team is all on Cal McNairs lap.

I like the work Caserio has done so far, but its such a clusterfk that it will take years to see any progress. Damn shame.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

If you think that's bad, watch this KHOU story on his "Lifetime Contract"

https://www.khou.com/video/sports/s...04446-4719-48ef-8876-d0a9fe670352?jwsource=cl

Colt45 likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

I would post some Cal Mcnair quotes from today but you guys would think I made them up.

Win and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cal McNair on Texans' 40 to 0 loss to Bills 'None of us were happy about that. We think we can play better and we're going to play better'

Cal McNair on Nick Caserio 'I'm sure he's excited to face his old team and looks forward to the challenge. I don't think he's done with his work yet, but he has made a lot of progress.'

Cal McNair when asked about chances of trading Deshaun Watson by the Nov. 2 NFL deadline 'we'll just wait and see. It's a day to day thing. Nick is in charge of that. We'll see how that works out'

Cal McNair 'I think if we play our brand of football we'll have a chance in every game. I think if we play the way we did on Sunday (40 to 0 loss at Buffalo), then we'll have very little chance. We just got to play better football'

Cal McNair on Nick Caserio 'He's extremely talented and he's going to do a great job for us'

Cal McNair on rookie quarterback Davis Mills' outlook 'I think the arrow is pointed up for him in the long term'

Cal McNair on Nick Caserio and David Culley inheriting Deshaun Watson situation: 'I think they've been put in a very tough spot, a spot that is not of their choosing and I think they've made the very best of it and worked through it day to day.'

Texans chairman/CEO Cal McNair & wife Hannah on Texans Founder’s Day. Cal’s father, Bob,was awarded the #Texans franchise 22 years ago today: “He would really be proud.I think he would be smiling.”

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would follow that IF the sequence was reverse
    Step 1: He wanted out.
    Step 2: Allegations came about

Rocket River

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

A big problem is we are bereft of talent mainly because of BIlly bobs blunders…We have nothing and we are playing like it. We definitely need draft capital in every possible way, I secretly don’t care if we win another game but I do want better play decision making so we have a framework in place. I earnestly like Culley but do know Culley will not be long term and I also secretly hope they offer the job to Pep Hamilton in the near future …Caserio had absolutely nothing to work with but I admire the job and professionalism he has shown so far. You can tell he is OCD on routine, work ethic and football matters and actually knows what he’s doing…I can’t wait to get picks and get the talent upgrade. Unlike others, I don’t think it will be long to upswing the teams winnings but only after draft capital happens

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Still to this day, I can not believe they let this guy out in public. And no disrespect to UT but the very fact that he went to UT and has a degree says a lot!

I've seen conservative owners, I've seen abrasive owners BUT never in my entire life have I seen this type of owner. He's so dumb I just don't know what else to say.... I'm totally out of words

Nook, HTXSportsAddict, IBTL and 4 others like this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I was TOTALLY with your assessment until recently.... MORE LIKE TODAY ACTUALLY!

Culley is what he is, a stop gap so I don't fault him and I felt ok about Caserio but then I reassessed what he's done; the Mills pick and then he let go of Anthony Miller today. So, now I'm like, HOLD UP, we wasted a #3 last yr and a #5 this yr! When as you say, we are avoid of talent but we are suppose to trust Caserio with trading DW4 and drafting moving forward?? PLEASE!

THIS IS THE THREE STOOGES REINCARNATED....CASERIO, JACK AND CAL!

This town will not see a viable Professional NFL Team until Cal McNair loses control of the team, someone who is competent takes over, Easterby is gone and Caserio is OUT.... The N.E way was strictly the talents of Tom Brady, plain and simple! Not Belichick! Not Caserio! No one! That's why Belichick's coaching tree bares no fruit

Deep Steel Truth and mario_v like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

on the bright side assuming you're American. You have a team you could be a fan of. America's team, the Dallas Cowboys. They even look like they will be pretty great this season too!

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

HELL..TO..THE..KNAW! LOL

I'll pass

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Allegations came out after he requested to the public.
    He already had the first civil case before he asked, that’s the problem.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Our owner is a rich idiot, u shouldn't b too hard on him. We have dumbasses on here defending BoB and praising him all the time.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol even our franchise defense leader jj watt wanted out. I don't blame Watson for doing it also. This franchise is a dumpster fire and I am positive we won't get to afc championship much less superbowl in the next 5-10 years.

Nook likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it is a dumpster fire. Hopefully Caserio can do something.
    Still, Watson knew of his lawsuits and his transgressions before he asked to be traded.

HTXSportsAddict and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Sweet, more Easterby talk. Will follow for more updates on Easterby.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

One of the many problems is that guys that were expected to be pieces going forward are just not very good or don't fit in the current scheme. Specifically Cunningham, Howard, Omenihu and Blackrock.

The only young guys I have hope for going forward are Greenard, Heck and Collins. Mills is the obvious wild card.. It is going to be a looooooong journey.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Would be different if the franchise was coming off a winning era and this current state was an unfortunate byproduct, but it's all waste product.

Sorry ass franchise and sports city

Fulgore likes this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Please. 1982-85 was worse. 94-96 was worse.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

This is by far the WORST! During those times we it was just on field issues. This is ALL throughout the organization with no hope in site.

IBTL likes this.