1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HardenVolumeOne

the dolphins can just sign jameis winston after this year, and not lose their draft picks

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

They can, but they'll get worse than they are now, possibly.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. HardenVolumeOne

winston is playing great tho

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Huh?

CVcrew likes this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

The Dolphins are in the proverbial "damned if you do and damned if you don't" decision. The clock is ticking and it appears right now he can play now, when that changes will be determined by the multiple investigations.

If they do make the trade and Watson is exonerated, then they likely look shrewd. If he's suspended for some period of time (<12 months) then they still have their franchise QB and will make out over the long run. If he ends up in prison for a few years then they'll take a hit on the deal, but may eventually get him behind center. However, if the owner authorizes the deal, then I think that gives the GM/Head Coach some protection. Absolutely risk in this deal and some PR issues any team will have to manage, but winning is the ultimate salve to soothe these elements.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If they do make the trade and Watson is exonerated, then they likely look shrewd.
    no. if watson is exonerated and his skill is still there, they would like fking geniuses.

If he's suspended for some period of time (<12 months) then they still have their franchise QB and will make out over the long run.
    Yea they got a franchise qb, while we have no talent at any position

Absolutely risk in this deal and some PR issues any team will have to manage, but winning is the ultimate salve to soothe these elements
    Sure, but like u mentioned if they win, it's worth it.

U Forgot to mentioned that texans as a team still lose in the long run especially if watson comes out scot free. One of the few dumbass franchise that that got rid of hall of type players for jack sht once more. (hopkins, watson) in such a short duration

Watson might b a dirty perv, but u straight delusional if u think he's not worth trading for, much less have him as your franchise qb. only reason trade has yet to happen is cause, Texans think they have the upper hand in any part of trading watson.

Dam if u hold on to watson, cause he's does not want to play for this sht franchise and dam if u do. When u trade away a disgruntled superstar like player, usually never win the trade and look like a dumbass.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If the Dolphins make the trade, I guarantee there is a settlement. Which is make a criminal prosecution less like because the witnesses are less likely to cooperate. Yes, the DA could force them to testify....but that pesky 5th amendment protections can be invoked and the case would be dead.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So either way we lose out on a disgruntled franchise qb and get a couple of picks to start our next rebuild project.

Dumbass franchise guess will pray with easterby to get our next franchise qb

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Watson is not the person we thought he was. A predator and quits on teammates. **** him. If the Dolphins give 3 #1s and 3 other picks.....Im fine with that.

No, we let Caserio do his job and evaluate QB talent and draft the right QB to move forward.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Caserio should and will draft BPA

Stingley jr
    Hamilton
    Hutchinson
    Neal

raining threes and Jwise44 like this.
  12. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I am not for drafting a qb in this draft…the team is more than a qb….I’m all for drafting stingley (or thibedeaux…I haven’t been following college so I don’t know how either is doing, but we can fix our other problems and get a qb next year)

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Probably should have taken the Jalen Hurts package huh?

Fulgore likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Same answers to every single question.

16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I agree with this 100%. We're like 9 months into this I haven't heard anything substantial on why he wants out. I'm not talking about this "Andre said Jack Easterby sucks" non-sense, I'm talking about him manning up and making it known what his problem is.

I think we haven't heard it, because we know it's a terrible reason. IE, they wouldn't let me get rub and tugs, or they're losing too much, or something like that, that he would get crucified even more for saying... but that's just my opinion. Guys like this, who have 100% quit on teammates, probably aren't the best guys to have around as the face of the team....

raining threes, Rudyc281 and TheFreak like this.
  17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

To be fair, very few players that want out publicly and specifically air their grievances. But honestly thought DW4 was pretty clear about his reasoning with his post-season tweet regarding a culture shift, people thinking they have power, etc...It seems that everything that happened in the offseason only reaffirmed that.

Don't take this as defending him because I want him gone as soon as a fair deal comes along. But I can't fault him for wanting out in the first place. This franchise has been on a downward spiral and a laughing stock ever since Cal took over. It sucks that DW4's alleged transgressions has overshadowed that somewhat.

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

What is Deshaun doing to settle the cases? Does anyone know? If he's doing nothing, then I'd be upset. Without some pathway to resolution on all those cases he's either untradeable or tradeable only in the case of a massive discount.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hear he's promised to try not to rape anyone for the next 6 months.

raining threes and CVcrew like this.
  20. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I can get with that, I just look at some guys out there, and how they handled the team making poor decisions (Peyton Manning, Eli, Matt Stafford, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers) ALL of these guys had to deal with disagreement with management as far as the team direction. And despite being in comparable situations, these guys ALL MADE IT WORK. Matt Stafford's team went 0-16, and his team didn't do a good job of helping him, he still stayed, and made it work. Most of this was the prime terrible years of the early Colts, the Bungles, the Chargers... Dealing with all of the above from early coach firings (Marty Schottenheimer), all the way to not properly investing in the offense to support your hall of fame QB (Aaron Rodgers). And ALL of these guys stayed put. (Some even went public as men, and not on social media)

I don't want to derail this anymore than I already have, but I just think Deshaun wants out, and doesn't have the balls to say exactly why. You're the face of the franchise, you ARE the culture. IMO, he's shown that he's just a quitter, and he'll go down as one of the quickest players to go from universally beloved in Houston, to universally hated.