1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

7 Homicides in One Day In Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 10, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look I understand people can find Jesus and change
    But not likely for people who are repeat offenders on attempted murder or gang members with tats on their face

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't yall republicans believe in the free markets? Why do you need the governmanment doing this - just let private security and individuals sort it out. Worked in the old west right?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Both of us have been posting here long enough to know I'm not a Republican. You dont have an ass to discuss different issues with someone you don't agree with

I mean really, you bumped this months old thread to say this asshlish not funny dumb ish?

Democrats have tied themselves too this stupid ass movement neither. Why are you talking about now? Go back to sleep

#243 pgabriel, Oct 1, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Conservative, Republican - same difference. The only dumbass thing here is you trying to link homicides with police reform.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Refund isn't reform, it's reduction. Police don't need to be reformed other than better evaluation of candidates in the hiring. Police aren't racist because a few of their officers are.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Police departments have a culture of racism as demonstrated by numerous studies, admissions of police chiefs, investigations, and behavior that goes far beyond "just a few of their officers" but we all know you just like to believe what you believe and you are entitled to live in your bubble.

Regardless, defunding works and has been demonstrated to work. Police departments don't need reform actually - they are not reformable as the culture is too embedded with racism. They need to be reconstructed from the ground up. It worked in other cities and resulted in lower, not increased homicides.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I just noticed you're screen name. Educated negro? What in the hell is going on here?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Post a study that says police departments have a culture of racism

Post admission of a police chief you are referring to

Post an example of defending working

TIA

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I as an educated black man am frustrated with middle to upper middle class blacks blaming the problems of the inner on racism. We are 60 since the Civil Rights Revolution has changed law to give us opportunity in this country. In the 60 years since the Civil Rights Revolution our progress in terms of percentage of blacks rising from poverty has stalled.

I think it is time to focus more on family structure in the inner city and other problems in the home that contribute to cyclical poverty.

Educated negro was kind of an insult to blacks who were educated in the times of Jim Crow directed at blacks working for the cause of Civil Rights through courts like uppity negro. It's just a turn on the insult from some of. the arguments I've had in this with other blacks on the subject of racism

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  10. Gioan Baotixita

This right here is a very ignorant post. You have no clues how our government work do you? Public safety and defending our sovereignty is not a left and right issue. We the taxpayers pay our taxes so we can a police force to keep law and order.
    When an ******* perp who got released by the damn activist judges about to jack your ass, he ain’t gonna care if you’re a donkey or an elephant.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yeah but get government out of your life right? Yall Republicans can't face your contradictions because that would require something you lack - critical thinking skills.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Dude have been posted many times. You just toss them aside and shift the argument. I'm not wasting my time being your research b**** anymore

pgabriel likes this.
  14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Another six shootings in the last 24 hours in Harris county

15. Roc Paint

If I win the Powerball tonight I’m going to build a nice brand new prison right here in Harris county

Using the word nice very loosely

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@pgabriel
    Thanks for this topic again
    These loser Art history dropouts
    Don’t like to talk about crime

cause they love criminals

JumpMan likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3 school shootings in a week on top of it all. Times have changed and gun reform needs change big time. Kids didn't go around shooting classmates and teachers back in the day the Constitution was written. Hell, we didn't have murders and gun deaths every damn night on the news in Houston when I was a teenager. We have millions more people today who will shoot and kill if "triggered" as they walk around armed and carrying.

You can't change the mentality of thugs, violent offenders, and the mentally unstable, but you can sure as hell stop them from packing and carrying, and requiring much more stringent laws to even own a weapon. Anyone with any history of violence, anyone taking drugs for depression or mental illness, anyone on disability for a mental health problem, and anyone with a history of abuse should not be allowed to legally purchase guns of any type. Add in parents who have been under Social workers eye for neglect. They shouldn't have guns around for kids to get their hands on.

#257 deb4rockets, Oct 4, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  18. Roc Paint

...After the three dead valet drivers. They shouldn’t have cars either

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've always thought people who get charged with drunk driving more than once should have their license taken away for good. I also think driving without a license should be a felony. Cars are weapons that kill when the driver has no business behind the wheel.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Surprise surprise

tinman likes this.