1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Davis Mills - From not to hot

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 19, 2021.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Remember guys, Texans wanted a few more qbs that went a few picks before Mills.

he was just there and the team never worked him out. It’s like picking a tall guy because you need a center, Texans are the worst organization.

Fulgore, Two Sandwiches and J.R. like this.
  2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

YEP! And if we keep DW4 or trade him and pickup Corral, Rattler or Ridder later in the draft with the additional pick, I'm fine.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

It was indeed a wasted draft pick. Like I said previously, I knew why he picked a QB but NOT there. The next QB wasn't drafted until the 6th round.

Mills was raw with no special qualities, so who else was going to draft him that high?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would be alright with this. Take BPA at one and then draft a quarterback with a mod first if we acquire one for Watson.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I mean it was shitty weather against a premium defense, what were you expecting? The entire team played bad and coaching wasn't great either. Don't understand why you don't put some points on the board after a turnover. It's not like we were going to win, but at least we wouldn't have been shut out and that would have been some positive momentum.

We all new this season was going to be tough and long. Tyrod gave us some hope for 6 quarters, but we're better suffering through and getting the best draft position we can and hopefully getting the 3 1sts and 3 2nds or players for DW. b****ing and complaining about getting our asses kicked is a waste of energy this year and likely next year as well.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

raining threes likes this.
  8. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

He should be out in 2 days.

The Real Shady and Fulgore like this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I mean it was shitty weather against a premium defense, what were you expecting?

TO NOT GET SHUT OUT AND BY THE WAY, IT'S RAINING IN N.E AND MACK JONES IS DRIVING UP AND DOWN THE FIELD AGAINST THE BUCS.

The entire team played bad and coaching wasn't great either.

NO THEY DIDNT. DEFENSE PLAYED WELL, AS LONG AS THEY COULD

#249 hlmbasketball, Oct 3, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    mario_v likes this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Next week, rookie vs. rookie.

We'll get to see that number 1 QBR amongst rookies for Mills on display against the actual rookie playing the best football.

Fulgore likes this.
  11. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

What really sucks is every time the Texans have a chance at the number one pick there isn't a quarterback that is worth a damn. Right now its pretty much Malik Willis followed by a bunch of mediocre, over hyped quarterbacks.

pugsly8422 and Fulgore like this.
  12. Mashing

Mashing Member

Then draft a defensive stud and punt drafting a QB until 2023.

Hank McDowell and raining threes like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's basically what any NFL team does. You draft a QB every year until you find one.

Comparing it to a center is bad as it's false equivalence as all basketball positions have equal weight.

Mills was a QB, they didn't have a 1st or 2nd round pick (no fault of their own) and picked one of the best ones left on the board. Maybe it'll work out, maybe it won't, but I know so many fans would have been whining had they not picked a QB at all.

TheFreak and Zen Tabak like this.
  14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

3rd round QB's usually don't pan out. The 8th QB off the board usually doesn't pan out. At least not as starters. It does happen occasionally, but it's relatively rare.

Anybody legitimately expecting a 3rd round QB to become a future solid starter is asking for disappointment. That's a spot where maybe you take a flyer on a guy when you already have an established QB and you have other high draft picks. It's a mistake to take a QB in the 3rd when you're a bad team it's your first pick of the draft. Of all the positions to pick, it has the least likelihood of paying off. His future, if he lasts, is as a backup. And you don't draft a guy you hope never plays (backup QB) in the 3rd when you need immediate help almost everywhere else.

The pick of Mills was destined to be a failure from the beginning, even before he took the field.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bill B defense vs a terrible rookie qb. That won’t be pretty.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're taking a flyer on most players on the board at that point. All the surefire guys or guys close to being surefire are gone day 1, the rest are guys that are complete flyers.

Also, the Texans did have an established QB so they've done exactly as you stated there.

17. CrazyJoeDavola

The whole point of my post went right over your head obviously.

18. raining threes

Willis is over hyped too.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. raining threes

You've made this judgement after 10 quarters of football!

Give me the winning lotto numbers while you are at it.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The tipped pass on 4th down personified my view of him as a QB. He didnt need to do anything fancy. He's 6'5 and he threw a TD ball right into the LBs hand. Thats when I turned it off.

Davis Mills aint it. Blue Bloods need to stop spiking the kool aid and start living in reality.

JamesC likes this.