1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My worst fear is Jalen Green turning into J.R. Smith 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenVolumeOne, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

@Stephen_A

OP would never claim that JJ Reddick looks like he’s done some time

[​IMG]

I wonder why?

this dumbass OP acts like Jalen Green has a tear drop tattoo and tats all over his face :rolleyes:

34to11, eric.81, Richie_Rich and 11 others like this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

two worlds bro.

eric.81 likes this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wtf did I just read? Wow

4. amaru

amaru Member

I was going to make a snarky political comment but this is the GARM.

5. i3artow i3aller

“He would be hanging out with his little sister most of the time at the elementary school, which was 15 feet away from the high school, during lunch,” Doherty said. “He was either in the gym, in class or with his younger sister. He would eat lunch with her and her classmates who didn’t know he was a future NBA player. Jalen shut off any distractions. Video games. Girls. It was a Prolific business trip.”

Sure sounds like the makings of a menace :confused::rolleyes:. We struck gold in the lottery with a kid that's absolutely aces both on and off the court, and yet some here still just want to knock him down. You hate to see it.

[​IMG]

34to11, Richie_Rich, lionaire and 4 others like this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah. I read he has never even been to a concert. And yet some are afraid he's going to immediately starting hanging out with rappers. It makes no sense.

red5rocket likes this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Did she get a bucket?

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Why do you immediately turn to racism to defend others? Not cool man.

The draft is a crap shoot exactly because so many players aren't mature enough to realize their full potential, and Green is no exception.

We can project all we want, but it won't be his talent and his athleticism that holds him back if he doesn't succeed, it will be his intellect and worth ethic.

This IS the main concern, even if you're too wrapped up in your racist **** to notice.

Roc Paint likes this.
  11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Obvious profiling and it's pretty lame.

Change his race in your mind or just look at him as a 20 year old kid who worked extemely hard to start living his dream.

Are these guys criminals? What if some are flashy or confident?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DreamShook likes this.
  12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

If he's as good as I think he's going to be I don't care if he gets a tattoo like Tyson on his face. People worry about weird ****

#72 King1, Oct 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This take came straight out of 2001

14. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I’m 38, I have both arms sleeved, my chest, my back and my right leg done. I run a very successful business that has a revenue of 12million a year.

I did not realize tattoos play a role into how successful someone can be. I started getting tattoos at 17.

this is the problem with people. Stop judging them based on appearance, skin pigmentation and gender. He said he wants to average 30/game. I welcome all to set high goals to accomplish. After he wins rookie of the year and averages 30/game next goal should be MVP.

Stop being okay with average. Pretty sure your unhappy in life by your critical judgements of this young man.

I want my business to become a billion dollar market cap so I can sell it and sit on my ass and critique YOUR post. Big wishes there. Anit nothing wrong with that.

15. xaos

xaos Member

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Okay Boomer.

17. Buck Turgidson

A planet-killing gamma ray burst is what you should really be worried about.

That, and dolphins evolving opposable thumbs: https://www.theonion.com/dolphins-evolve-opposable-thumbs-1819565718

"I believe I speak for the entire human race when I say, 'Holy f**k,'" said Oceanographic Institute director Dr. James Aoki, noting that the dolphin has a cranial capacity 40 percent greater than that of humans. "That's it for us monkeys."

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

JR predraft: elite scorer, bad apple reputation, low effort on defense, no intangible (lol on this one)

Green preseason: elite scorer, might have maturity issue but matured over the last year, skinny frame (need to bulk up for effective defense), gym rat, somewhat weak handle

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Porter has tats. PJ Tucker had some interesting tats to say the least. Ariza. Others for sure.

Not my body, not my choice.

Also I have tattoos. My body, my choice. One can ponder the choices and the reasons why but nobody ever really has except my mom who uses criticism and judgment to get her way on things that she really has no say over.

Imagine telling a rich, grown man (what he would be if he killed somebody) what to do with his body. For shame.

Also, JR Smith is an NBA champion.

Terrible take.

-500 points.

Reassess.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Now this, ladies and gentlemen, is a man with a rational set of fears.