1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don’t think they took remdesivir. Trump might have but I don’t think Rogan did. They did take monoclonal antibodies though. Immediate treatment with MCAs is roughly on par with being fully vaccinated in terms of outcomes. That’s why I say their chance of death was minuscule.

Also it’s not necessarily a binary thing that I’m saying. Delta variant with greater virulence ripping thru unvaxxed areas at a pace much faster than alpha spooked some people for sure or at least it pushed people who might have been overly complacent to get vaccinated.

However, I think that initial pop has leveled off and also the higher death rates in black and Hispanic communities never pushed them to get vaccinated at higher rates. The fear of covid just isn’t as high in those groups. Same with MAGA groups. They just think it’s a bunch of bs.

White liberals on the other hand which suffered the least from covid also had the greatest fear of covid. In turn they got vaccinated very rapidly and at high rates.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

much more boring.

take it up a notch.

3. Buck Turgidson

Eh...Texans and Stros have me in a good mood on a lazy Sunday.

Remind me in the middle of next week.

4. lpbman

lpbman Member

Apologies for my tone, this is much more nuanced take than I read first time through.

robbie380 likes this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

#12525 Commodore, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Jontro and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Those kinds of rules are only for the peasants.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Jontro and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Yeah I don't believe you, or your twitter, as usual.

Do they not get yelled at if they wear the right colored hat?

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

only the peasants get fined

[​IMG]

Two Sandwiches, Jontro and durvasa like this.
  10. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

In the comments of one of those tweets they said the event was held outdoors on a "tented and well-ventilated outdoor events deck."

Commodore likes this.
  11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

If Trump really had wanted to push hard for people to get the Shot, he should have allowed distribution of video of him getting the Shot and he shouldn't have backed off when he got some pushback (booing) recently in Alabama. Even if he would have convinced only a low percentage of people to get the Shot, every little bit helps.

His son (Eric) is now scheduled to speak in October at a conference which will probably have a good percentage of Anti-Vax content.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/eric-trump-signs-up-to-hype-daddys-record-at-anti-vax-event

Not a good look.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Seth Rogan comedically, but pointedly, called out the whole event as a COVID farce. It was "technically" outside, but in a sealed and airconditioned "tent".

The only redeeming factor is that everyone that attended has to provide proof of vaccination AND have a COVID negative PCR test within 48 hours. I would be curious how many celebrities just had their assistants fake those though.

I just don't care that much at this point as I watch 100,000 people gather for College Football games every week.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

seems like murica is having the same social problems as many third world countries. unfortunate because so many still look up to uncle sam.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We were in Minnesota last week. Got home late Sunday night and my wife wasn't feeling well. Checked her temp and it was100.4. 30 minutes later 97.7. To be safe, she had a rapid and PCR test on Monday, hers came back positive. Mine was negative. I'm having my typical Florida-Minnesota-Florida in the fall sinus issues. We got another rapid test Tuesday, same results. PCR came back, same results. We are both fully Pfizer vaccinated.

She is feeling absolutely fine and would be playing tennis and golf if the word COVID wasn't involved. Meanwhile, my sinuses aren't improving, so I have another rapid test scheduled tomorrow just to make sure. We are scheduled to go to Texas next week (have to drive now instead of fly) and will take one more rapid on Tuesday.

We were with my son and his family last week so they all got tested. The 10 year old and 4 year old tested positive, but they had been sick and recovered 10 days ago and are just fine now. His wife and the 6 year old tested negative. Still waiting on his and the other 2 kids PCR results.

We were at an event in MN Friday and Saturday so she could have gotten it there, but I am more and more convinced she got it from the 4 year old. Not sure where my son's kids got it. Probably school.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except if you are will smith and jada
    Trying to cheat on each other

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your wife and hopefully this is a mild case.

I was feeling lightheaded the last two days and have been having a headache on and off. I took a rapid test last night and came back negative. Usually between mid August and mid September is really bad allergy season for me. Minneapolis has been very warm this week with temps in the mid 80's so I'm chalking this up to hay fever along with stress from work.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah.... my sinuses have been much worse than anything Celeste went through. Plus a lot of crap is falling from the palm trees this week.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

I have one thing to say here, and its that these idiots who think it is fake or are politicizing this situation are going to be the downfall of us all.

We are on day 7 of my 9 year old healthy son going through hell with this. Parents were sending their kids to school with COVID-19 and not giving a damn about anyone else. One kid in my Son's class told him his parents said that COVID-19 was bullshit, and he proceeded to cough in his face on purpose. 2 days later that kids was gone from school because he had the virus. We are assuming this is where my boy got it from. My Wife and I are doing good, and have tested negative every single time during the duration of this crap. We were both vaccinated and both of us think we had the virus in late 2019 and early 2020. The feeling of hopelessness and not being able to help your child is the worst damn feeling ever.

Please everyone, please go get the shot. Please understand this thing is not fake. It is very real and is intended to do as much destruction as possible to your lungs. DO NOT TAKE IT LIGHTLY. For those fellow parents, I truly hope you dont have to experience this crap with your children.

Amiga, Newlin and Xerobull like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hope your kiddo is doing ok man. Would never wish that on anyone

Kim likes this.