1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun Watson Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Jan 28, 2021.

?

Which trade package do you like best?

1. NYJ

60 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. MIA

30 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. JAX

24 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Other (state your preference in a post)

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah for sure.

Miami has some defensive players I would love tho along with picks

Phillips
    Wilkins
    Baker

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. thejav

thejav Member

I feel like there is something in the air. this could happen soon. in Caserio we trust. Pittsburg please.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. raining threes

What makes you think this other than fandom?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. thejav

thejav Member

Teams are optimistic during training camp. thinking they have what they need to compete.
    Reality is setting in on a few teams after week 3. these teams know they just need 1 piece to fix their issues. if i were these teams i would trade for a sure thing other than roll the dice every year in the 1st round. always bet on a sure thing.

tc0330 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. raining threes

Would a GM risk his job on a QB that could end up in jail? Would he risk his job on a QB that will be probably suspended for a year. Would you want a sexual predator being the face of your favorite team. Make no mistake, whether he's found guilty or not he's a sexual predator.

I don't think Goodell let's him play until at least the depositions are taken in February 2022.

6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

3rd team sounds intriguing af...

flip watson to miami for tua, player, 3-4 firsts

flip watson to philly for hurts, player, multiple firsts

flip tua/hurts to pitt or atlanta for more picks

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. thejav

thejav Member

lol you must be talking about another sport. this is the NFL.. winning cures all.

UTSA2step, Htown Legend and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

If we trade him it's likely going to happen either right before the deadline (early Nov) or right before the draft (early April). My money is on the latter.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Texans should not take back any other young QB that another team is giving up on.

Take the picks. Those young QB's that they're giving up on will eventually be cut and available to anybody. The league has become so dependent on finding the right QB... yet at any given time during the history of this league, there are really only 10-12 or so QB's that are entrenched/established while the rest are either unknowns, developing, or destined for eventual backup roles, etc.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Should note that criminal charges have not been brought despite a grand jury already investigating this for quite some time now. Also do you mean suspended for this year or next year? Unless criminal charges are brought, suspension is very unlikely. As far as Goodell, DW4 has been eligible this entire time and could play this Sunday if both sides wanted it to happen. He's not going to step in and all of a sudden put him on the exempt list outside of criminal charges being filed.

Not defending DW4 here by any means. But we are talking about the NFL here.

Htown Legend and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If Tua or Hurts is a throw in to the multiple firsts+, I would do it. They shouldn't be the centerpiece.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hurts isn’t accurate and Tua can’t stay healthy. Both are negative assets

UTSA2step, Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

I'd rather trade him right before the draft, know what draft capital you're getting as well as more teams involved.

UTSA2step, Phillyrocket and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

100% This. If you trade him now, it's not like any of these players are gonna be good for this season. And you run the risk of trading him to a team that ends up doing well (Pittsburgh/Washington etc.), and getting you multiple high draft picks.

The best case would be bottom out this season, trade him after the season and go from there.

A part of me wonders if the Texans are still holding out hope that if they "treat him well" he'll want to stay here and this will go away....

Genesis, UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They’re still getting paid decent money on first round rookie deals. If they’re being off-loaded for salary purposes then that should allow the Texans to ask for even more draft compensation. But at no point should anybody pin their hopes or the success of trading an asset like Watson on the development of a castoff QB.

Finding “the” QB is like being pregnant. Either you have one or you don’t. Some guys do take some time to develop or require the right situation (Tannehill, Schaub, Cousins), while the majority end up being JAG.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’m not too worried about draft position if we trade him before deadline we all know Texans will pick top 5 (Derek stingley Jr) or (Hamilton) please.

But if the other picks are late first we all know Caserio likes to trade and other teams might be willing to trade back up and Caserio can always gather more picks.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You wouldn't get more than a 4th for Tua or Hurts.

tc0330 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Just curious, but what have you seen from Daniel Jones that you like so much? I don't see it.

The guy has 41 - FORTY-ONE! - turnovers in 30 career games. 22 picks and 19 fumbles lost. He's fumbled the ball 32 times in 30 career games ( :eek: ), including 3 fumbles in his 3 games this season. That's... horrific.

19. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I hear ya, but you don't trade Watson and hope your own picks will be good, you trade him for what you KNOW are going to be good picks.

The true value in Deshuan's trade will be the draft compensation in the next draft, the other years will be unknown... and therefore risky as high picks.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but their rookie deals are like good backup money. I think jalen makes less than McCarron. If they get thrown in, you kick the tires and worst case get a ready made backup. I dont think they become negative assets for a few years.

Rudyc281 likes this.