1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall is true pro

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 28, 2021.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I don't care what you think about his performance last year but I think it is really unfair that he gets sidelined and he really didn't have to show up in the media day. He could have acted up Harden style and has every right to badmouth the Rockets organization but instead he stayed professional about it. He's earned my respect!

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. fattz

fattz Member

He is heavily compensated for his professionalism. He makes 131k a day to act like he does. Wall is a lot like most would be if the Rockets need a juggler he is your person just keep the checks coming.

4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Well I mean it snot unfair. He's getting paid and the rockets are rebuilding. they agreed to terms its that simple. he is handling himself like a true professional that i agree with but its totally fair.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

he agreed to this as they seek out a trade because he’s not in our long-term plans nor do we want him taking away shots and minutes from KPJr and Jalen Green, but it’s unfair…

[​IMG]

John Wall would be an idiot to act up because he has zero clout and teams don’t even want him so acting up would accomplish absolutely nothing

6. Jalen Green OnlyFan

"that's my dude" - rah fell stone

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'd be cool too if I was being paid $90 million over two years to not work.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You would be a true professional for doing such a thing. Thanks.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He’s getting $91 million and refused a buyout. He’s lost nothing and doesn’t care about Winning a chip.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Wall is getting paid a lot

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I guess some people's respect are easier to earned than others.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

John Wall could definitely have been more of a b**** about this whole thing, and I'm glad he hasn't been. Not like he asked to get traded to a rebuilding team. Yeah, he could have also said, "Sure, I'll come off the bench," but I don't see how we could trade a $90 million bench player, either.

raining threes, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's a consummate professional. Why show up and put on a Rockets jersey on media day when you can just wake up, roll your ass out of bed, and show up to a press conference looking like you're still on vacation?

napalm06 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah I'm getting paid supermax coming off achilles tear and I'm supposed to be upset that I'm not stressing my body playing for a young team that will probably have one of the worst records in the league. ok professional

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

For those saying..."well he's getting paid..." - that doesnt stop many of these multmillionaire divas from acting a fool... I'm thankful he's not going that route... imo

or are people being snide bc of the OP? lol

raining threes and clos4life like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

acting a fool is relative to the bitter fans, so when it comes to them it doesn't really matter

There's nothing to be thankful here when it comes to wall. Folks praising this as some act pro status is laughable. Dude gets to sit back and relax with supermax checks and not risk injury on a team that's not winning. Way to go Wall. True pro

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

sure bro... Harden was a consummate professional throughout the parting of ways... and WB was a standup guy when he wanted to leave...

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

He was. Until Tilman jacked up the team and gave him no realistic shot of winning. The rockets by all means wanted to keep harden. Wall on the other hand, they do not. Westbrick is an idiot. Who cares about him

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Don't compare Wall and Harden. The rockets don't want Wall and will trade him for a bag of chips. The Rockets were trying to keep Harden at all costs and was playing teams against each other.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member