1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 1st rounders for Ben Simmons?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 20, 2021.

?

Would you trade John Wall & 3 - 4 firsts for Ben Simmons?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Very good article, thanks for sharing!

Wall is not enough for Sixers, need a young player on verge of breakout.

SIXERS: John Wall, Collin Sexton, Usman Garuba + Cavs FRP + Bucks FRP

CAVS: Ben Simmons, Danuel House, Jaden Springer

ROCKETS: Kevin Love, Evan Mobley

Porter
    Green
    Tate
    Mobley
    Wood

Bench: EGo, Theis, Sengun, KJ, Augustin, Nwaba, JC, Snipa

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

As I said , its more likely you draft someone between those two extremes --- Lebron / Durant Vs Thabeet.

To be clear , I don't think they "try to lose" (Tank) this year its just going to happen organically because they are so young.

And as a byproduct of that we'll get a high draft pick.

They will probably be much like last year in that they give us a lot of highlights and score a lot of points but can't stop anyone on the other end and as a result lose far more than they win.
    There were several times last year they put up 130 ..... and lost. I expect more of the same and next offseason that becomes the focus which turns them from a lottery team to a playoff team.

3. swakid8

swakid8 Member

You are right, the rockets need elite defense. Except, Simmons isn’t the Player the rockets need to fill that role. Now that I am thinking about it, no way I trade for Simmons straight up as Wall expiring has more value than Simmons contract.

4. NewAge

NewAge Member

yeah, yeah some truth, some truth... Boy, you sure know how to sell that f-ed up Aussie.
    Still, not convinced.
    I would much rather have for example Love/Okoro with Simmons going to Cle. Okoro looks like he'll be a great defender who can also put pressure on the rim and dish. And no mentals that we know of...

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I said Mobley would be impactful as a defender and tertiary ball handler from day one.

Regular season has yet to start moron.

And Cleveland is not the same situation as Houston.

I said Mobley would be a great fit next to Wood and Porter.

JA and Mobley is different experiment.

Nuance escapes you.

Per usual.

Boredhippy likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Everyone has "mentals" - just how you manage it.

This is what it means to be human.

https://www.sportscasting.com/giann...ealing-with-pain-shouldnt-have-played-game-1/

“I was hurt in Game 1. I was praying. We lost,” Giannis said. “In Game 2, I scored 40 and we lost. I was s******* my pants, I was scared after scoring 40 and losing. After that, we just wanted to defend our home. But then my teammates reacted, the team reacted, Jrue [Holiday] was all over the place. The key was how to manage my fear, my anxiety. I was talking with a sports psychiatrist every day, he helped me be myself. The free throws were a mental issue and I want to continue like this in the next season. And I want to see if we can repeat this as a team. I want to see if we can do it again, myself, my teammates, the owners, everyone”.

NewAge likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Sure sure sure. “Impactful and tertiary ball handler”. Right, that’s what you were claiming in all your Mobley posts. At least you paired back your expectations after Sumner League.

At any rate…. Simmons is gamble and if it doesn’t work out then we may not be able to recoup our losses.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

If you are going to stalk me then at least TRY to keep the timeline honest.

I was over Mobley as soon as the Sengun trade was announced.

Boredhippy likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This thread needs to get back on topic, no more Green fanbois whining about other players in the draft. If we have to go off topic, we should be talking about DMo.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I could get on board with this IF Simmons was open to the idea of playing as a 3 or 4 but he thinks he's a point guard and wants the rock in his hands as the facilitator ..... That takes the ball out of KPJ's hands - That guy has been in the gym the entire summer working on his game while Simmons hasn't done that since he got into the league.

Just think back to how Westbrook's 29% shooting from 3 killed spacing and made getting into the lane difficult for Harden ..... and you want a guy who's even worse ?!
    A Point Guard who has made 5 three's in 4 years .... and shoots 59% from the freethrow line. Hell , the cheerleaders are better shooters.

luckyman76 and Y2JT like this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

But the fact remains I questioned you on Simmons and said it “must suck being me.”

Grow a pair

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Truth hurts amirite?

No wonder you love all those make believe realities.

13. dmoneybangbang

Spare me. You are just lucky you are allowed to post.

14. dmoneybangbang

Its just amusing how pathetically, weak you are and can’t handle any criticism against your GUYS.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are such a glutton for punishment.

LOL

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think in a perfect world , we'd plug Simmons in at the 4 and let him be that defensive anchor .... while deferring to KPJ / Green / Wood / Tate offensively. But is that defensive anchor worth $40m of your cap space for two years after Wall expired ?

Problem is , he doesn't see it that way. He wants to be the focal point of the offense ..... He's said as much on multiple occasions.

luckyman76, Y2JT, red5rocket and 2 others like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons idea as offensive focal point is creating, not scoring.

Hence, my point that Rockets have to convince him to share those duties or be secondary creator.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Saw this one from a neutral fan on RealGM, I like it a lot.

19. dmoneybangbang

Bingo.

Need to convince Simmons to be a secondary creator…

Need to convince Simmons to work on his shooting…

And if it fails… we won’t be able to recoup our losses.

Im more than open being a third team in a trade but I’d rather have Wall’s shorter contract. Especially now that Wall isn’t playing.

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

while i would do this in a heartbeat, theres no chance the kings do this