1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yes
    I feel like this has been said countless times on here, I don't get why some folks don't get it.

JayGoogle, hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You must really love Harden. Wow. The dude is gone. SMDH. Your Superman lost to superior teams. Sorry, LMAO!!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

MDA didn't like running plays or enforcing practice to make those plays work. Not sure to what extent Murray was pushing that efficient narrative on the ground, but I'd think it be obvious to him.

You also had accounts of cp3 or wb getting scolded for the midrange...

Then again, "players love him"...so I don't know or care whose fault it was anymore

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This was Iguodala's argument but the maths people said he was dead wrong about it. Let's also remember that Iguodala fully buys into analytics, he was simply speaking from experience about it...and you have multiple NBA stars all talking about the importance of midrange.

This All-NBA defender plainly said it's easier to guard guys if you know all they are going to do is shoot threes...which makes complete sense because you as a defender can just chase them off the line (or live with a contested three) and once you chase them off the 3 they will either pass or try to get a layup, so it's easier for the entire defense to react to as well.

It's like in the NFL, running the ball might not be as efficient as passing it but you still have to do it to keep the defense honest.

For anyone that disagrees with this take...would any of you get mad during that terrible game 7 if instead of Ariza jacking up another 3 Harden took a few mid range shots? At the end of the day, personally, I'd rather Harden take a few mid range jumpers than another role player jacking up a 3.

#5764 JayGoogle, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Easy, hakeem94, NewAge and 1 other person like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

This has gone from "Yea maybe Harden should have taken a few more mid range in the clutch" to "Mid range is the reason we never won anything." Mid range is not why we dont have a chip during the Harden era.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, but the over reliance on the three pointer is the reason we lost game 7. I can say that definitely. Whether we win the Finals or not, another story, but it definitely kept us out of the finals.

ElPigto and HP3 like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if true rhat we could have won game 7 by replacing a portiong of those threes by midrange then thats on Morey. Because upto this day he swears we have no business winning if we didn't take as much 3 point shots anyway.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Morey running his mouth and glory seeking by saying "we don't shoot mid-range" & the whole micro ball debacle ("stating we play small ball "& shaping the roster for no other options) was always a problem. He should have had a more open mind and kept the roster flexible. The most mystifying thing of all was the lack of elite perimeter shooting on the roster, if you're going to shoot threes more than anyone in history, you need some elite shooters on the squad. All in all Morey is good at what he does but he was far from perfect.

Easy likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

We would not have won that game regardless. Harden taking a few more mid range jumpers most likely doesnt change that.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

And he's right.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

At the end of the day its James Harden thou, if its an important shot regardless of midrange or three he would have missed it. Its just what we have seen over and over again.. The refs also don't call the cheap fouls they normally do during regular season, if they call those Harden would have multiple rings right now. He may not shoot well under pressure with defense on him but from the ft line he absolutely kills it regular season or playoffs....

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I should correct myself because sure there were other reasons we lost that game but going 0-27 was a BIG reason.

Sure could have used CP3...which...ironically, he was one of the few players willing to take mid range shots.

Look back at the highlights of that game...a lot of those were BAD shots. I'm never going to get mad at decent shooters taking wide open 3s...but so many of these were contested, some of them fadewayas and just looked like guys were chucking up 3s hoping the law of averages would kick in. It was ugly basketball and came from that mindset that no matter what a three taken from a decent shooter is a good shot.

Is it Morey or MDA...probably a combination of them both, everyone knows MDA loves this style of basketball.

Also I don't disagree that the style made us elite but I do think a little versatility helped. I think a large reason CP3 helped so much is because yuo knew in game winning situations he could go get you an easy bucket from mid range and that helped us out a lot

#5772 JayGoogle, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMAO......We know Salvy. We know. LOL

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Are you Lil Baby?

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

if there's ANYONE who thinks the rockets had any chance in hell to win game 7 the moment Adam Silver put Foster into that game, those people are simply fools

hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Are you? LOL

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Morey be holding Harden back....

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Awesome!

The Spurs were better.

Salvy likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

No, you are the one simping for Harden... Did Harden give you sum honey buns?

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he was the EX before Lil baby

TEXNIFICENT likes this.