1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Notable exception

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What in the mother of all hells is this? Seriously?
    Even I thought I was half joking about the next dark ages, but.... dayum.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

One of the more dishonest tweets I've seen even coming from you. I just looked at the Mayo data from 7.25 to 9.19. In what world can you say with a straight face that any of these states (Texas and Florida especially) have any sort of safe Covid conditions???

Your attributed comment from Fauci too is dishonest. This comment was likely taken from his early September interview when asked about the Florida game. Why would any health professional say that it is smart to pack in side by side with thousands of unvaccinated people screaming in each others faces without a mask? However he did make a comment about ventilation being important, and the issue of before and after events.

By now I think everyone shouldn't be able to say with a straight face that the GOVERNMENT (scarrrryy.... word I know) is taking away your fun time. The American right is full of whiny cry babies. The more you are given, the more you complain.

cdastros and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I thought FL was already in the dark age?

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This was last week.

Idaho to ration care amid COVID-19 surge | TheHill

Idaho on Thursday announced that it is activating a system for rationing medical care statewide amid a surge in COVID-19 cases that is overwhelming hospitals.

The system, known as Crisis Standards of Care, allows hospitals to prioritize for care healthier people who are more likely to recover.

"Someone who is otherwise healthy and would recover more rapidly may get treated or have access to a ventilator before someone who is not likely to recover," the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare said in a statement explaining the system.

“The situation is dire — we don’t have enough resources to adequately treat the patients in our hospitals, whether you are there for COVID-19 or a heart attack or because of a car accident," said Dave Jeppesen, the director of the Idaho health department.

"The best way to end crisis standards of care is for more people to get vaccinated," he noted, while also calling for people to wear masks indoors in public.

The move in Idaho shows the damage the surge in COVID-19 cases is having on the health care system, particularly in areas with low vaccination rates. The overwhelming majority of people in hospitals with COVID-19 are unvaccinated.

Idaho has one of the lowest vaccination rates of any state: 60 percent of adults have at least one shot, compared to 76 percent nationally, according to a New York Times tracker.

Hospitalizations are spiking in the state. More than 600 people are in the hospital with COVID-19, compared to 170 at the beginning of August, according to the tracker.

Idaho had previously activated Crisis Standards of Care for the northern part of the state, but on Thursday expanded it to the whole state as the situation worsens.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. NewRoxFan

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Do we know anything about who else was in the room when each of these pictures were taken?

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another ill informed tweet, now polluting this website.

Both were vaccinated, and one has already has already been infected and recovered. We know that vaccination helps, and that having been infected helps even more. Science rates that interaction as safe.

12. Commodore

I wonder why they are pushing boosters so hard?

tinman likes this.
  13. Commodore

Why were they wearing masks and distancing in one instance and not the other?

14. Commodore

indoor mask mandate for all federal employees, regardless of vaccination status or who is in the room

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Good to see commodore is suddenly in favor of 100% masking and vaccination requirements and not just trying to play "gotchas" with small and random instances caught on camera.

No Worries likes this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

It's not gotchas, it shows the hypocrisy of this administration and their policies that they recommend/enforce, but do not follow themselves. It happens daily.

17. SuraGotMadHops

I belly laugh when I hear lefties say stuff like this, after b****ing and moaning for four years straight under Trump.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess would be about the people near them or close to them. I wasn't there and can't say for certain. What I can say is that the picture isn't necessarily against the science which is what the tweet was trying to claim.

It's a crap argument meant to cause people to doubt the science behind the preventative measures.

19. Commodore

SuraGotMadHops likes this.