1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun & Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

I love Wood.

But honestly, at this point, if The Pacers took Moody instead of Duarte, i wouldve pulled the trigger on Moody/Turner for Wood.

I obviously prefer Wood, but Turner is a much better defensive fit with this team. Moody was 5th on my big board and could be the answer to our SF situation (unless you think Tate is it which is understandable).

Theres a way to get them both in a 3 team with the Warriors, but THAT is the type of thing i personally would pull the trigger on. Is it too much of a similar situation (same age, similar contract)? Probably. But the age thing doesnt bother me at all, plus theres already precendent on Turner taking a reasonable contract.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Our front office is clearly going for a high powered offense and maybe working on defense later.

Our paint is going to be a drive-thru the entire season.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Theis and Garuba are supposed to be there for defense. How big a part they will be playing in the rotation remains to be seen.

Denovo and burlesk like this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Out biggest free agency singing was a defense-first big.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Those are great points, it would have to be a deal that is a clear overpay by the other team. Or a trade next year if it’s apparent he is not interested in resigning.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I have a nice little bridge to sell you, are you a customer?
    Wood can be a defensive beast in the right situation under the right coach and the right system.
    Moody can only dream of becoming a player of wood's caliber.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if Wood is on the lakers , youd hear about him every day in national media, hed be sooooo hyped up youd think hes a better version of AD

You do not trade Wood, you should be the guy to trade FOR Wood...

Hes an ideal player for modern NBA with almost no fault...a YOUNG allstar caliber, 2 way team player, 3 point shooting 7 footer(or its 6.10?) who hustles, passes, handles the ball, can put it on the floor and attack closeouts, protects the rim and is a walking mismatch with a positive mindset and competitive spirit
    (my goodness!!!)

I'd rather trade Jalen Green because hes 100% unknown at this point and might eventually turn out to be a bust God forbid despite all the talent flashes he has shown up to now...

You trade wood only for a BIG BIG fish... ie Jokic, Luka or whoever disgruntled superstar becomes available ...you do not trade him for picks because with any pick your dream scenario is for it to become the next Wood

mario_v, Corrosion and Grizzlyshark like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Why trade either one of them ?!

The ideal scenario is that Green and Wood mesh into the next great pair and you find a 3rd wheel to add to them .... Maybe you already have that guy too but maybe you don't. If you don't , the 23/24 season is your big opportunity to add that player and more ....

You don't take on longer term salary to move Wall that messes up the opportunity to add those multiple quality players via the $60m+ in cap space you'll have.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I expect those two will have trouble on court together for anything more than 4-5 minutes, but really want the Rockets to try to make that work. If that works defensively, offense in a year or 2 would look great once team gels/matures.

Corrosion likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

smart, the other thing is perhaps the coach.... to me Silas is unproven big time.... would like us to get Obradovich from Europe...i am big time fan of coaching...you need a great coach otherwise you wont have a great team and your players wont be half unlocked

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are pretty optimistic... i dont think Silas will play these 2 together at all

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Rockets aren't going to win anything this year. As such, I expect Rockets to experiment even if certain experiments have a low likelihood of success.

Easy and red5rocket like this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They are gonna win an early lottery pick.