1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.J. Redick the best shooter since Ray Allen and Reggie Miller

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jopatmc, May 19, 2006.

1. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

The whole point of my argument is that redick wont have to be hitting lots of threes with defenders in his face with yao and tmac drawing double teams. How many times did alston and wesley have wide open threes with no one within five feet of them. Redick will get the same, or else his defender wont cheat and yao wont be doubled as hard.

As for hitting championship winning shots, I dont remember tmac, redd, AI, or nash hitting any shots to win championships yet. And dont say JJ didnt step up in big games. He killed texas, BC, and UNC this year in what were some of duke's biggest games and did great in the ACC tourney. I agree redick has bombed in the NCAA tourney but thats when teams focus their entire defense on him, which they could not do with the Rox.

He wont be a star by any means but the rox dont need another star. they need role players and thats what he is. you know what you get with redick. I remember when people talked about battier and said he reached his full potential and would not get any better. He was drafted 6, never became a star, but I bet most Rockets fans would love to have him right now. I think with # 8 you get a PF and then offer up swift and #32 to anyone in the mid first round and hope jj is still there.

2. Chopped

Chopped Member

3. Chopped

Chopped Member

edit: terrible was a bad choice of words.. more like so-so.

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Ray Allen? Reggie Miller? Jeff Hornacek? What a joke!

J.J. will be a Jon Barry at best, but hell.......Houston needs a lot of Jon Barrys......

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Congratulations to Mr. JJ Redick. Easily a top 7 career for his draft class. One of the greatest shooters ever.

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

hey hey! a @basketballholic sighting!

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can't believe you caught this, thanks!

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. steddinotayto

from an abandoned account at that! i guess it was either this one or the other burner accounts since @basketballholic got banned.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wait did Romney win yet?

steddinotayto likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

maybe he knows something about the 2024 presidential race?

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Steph Curry &/or Klay Thompson, KD anyone?

13. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

The date of this thread saves him.

14. Franchise 101

Franchise 101 Member

Reddick isn't in the same class as a shooter compared to those 2 guys, the other 2 guys were franchise cornerstones and offensive and defensive focal piece, Reggie his entire career, Ray Allen for a great portion of his, Reddick is a role player. You need to compare JJ to the Kyle Korvers and Jor Harris' of the world, not superstars. Cut it out.

clos4life likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

if you've only been on this board since 2020 (just using your join date as a guide) you've missed a lot of insightful @jopatmc / @basketballholic dimes of knowledge he's dropped on us prior to. In fact, I'll sell you one of my insider newsletter he used to publish and send out to members of his insider's club. still in mint condish.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn jopat said that Re-dick was going to get 15-20 points in 10 minutes per game.

I wonder why jopat, in this fantasy world, didn't just have Re-dick play more minutes? Have him play 30 and average 60.

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Holic was kinda right on JJ but this guy was the real Nostradamus.