1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do not trade for Simmons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. jb86

jb86 Member

Yes. I think we can shook the world and make the playoffs with the team as is if we are healthy. If we can get a Ben Simmons we foreshore will make the playoffs. Now look I understand that you are trying to be realistic about this situation and I respect that. But I choose to be optimistic.

D-rock likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The red flags are very evident with Simmons. He doesn't want to show up for Philly. He should have been shooting a ton of jumpers since the end of the playoffs. He will be a bad influence on our rookies, KPJ and even Wood.
    No thanks. I don't want him on our Rockets.

Corrosion, fattz and dmoneybangbang like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

If the trade is only Wall + filler (House) + FRP?

Of course, no brainer.

But very unlikely that Morey only settles for that.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What if Ben Simmons plays power forward and shoots corner 3's?

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For Wall...he'd likely want 3 - 4 #1's...

hakeem94 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Just no.

saleem likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

For sure, but Morey never really valued FRPs.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Strongly disagree. He placed great value on them - just not for drafting purposes when we were in contender status. Here's Daryl speaking on draft picks.

"“They’re like cigarettes in prison. That’s the only currency you have,” Morey said Saturday at the “Take That for Data” panel. “The value changes up and down all the time, and it makes for a not-very-liquid market.”

So even with the Sixers he would value picks, he would just likely use them in packages to upgrade his talent around Embiid rather than by utilizing them in the draft.

Corrosion, Deckard and D-rock like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Touche!

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Hadn’t seen this, thanks for sharing. Was surprised to hear the kid talk about "working on his mentals", shows good self-awareness.
    still, very tough to trade for a player on max money whose mentals only got worse since that interview. plus the shooting and other ball skills issues. regardless of his physical gifts and good technique on D. KOC may be positive, but the issues are there and they are too much.

saleem, Williamson and D-rock like this.
  12. Evans32

Evans32 Member

Would definitely deal for Simmons maybe something like

Rox: Simmons, J Springer, Paul Reed, Isaiah Joe

76ers: Wall, Gordon Hayward, Rozier, 1st Rounder CHA, 2 BKN First, BKN future pick Swap

Hornets: CWOOD, Tobias Harris, D House, Shake Milton

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but why, wood alone is better than simmons so you are trading the better player for the worse?
    arte you a philly fan?

simmons is a proven bust that couldnt get past 2nd round playoffs for years and he was surrounded with multiple allstars and shooters

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simmons is far from a bust.

It's not necessary to overexaggerate to underline a point.

red5rocket and Streakshooter like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol he is a bust and among the bustiest ones of them all
    hes a definition of bust in the mold of johnny the ballhog who no one in the entire NBA wants

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  16. Jalen Green OnlyFan

He’s as busty as Kate Upton

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

18. mightybosstone

I would 100% be behind a Wall for Simmons trade if Simmons would be willing to play more of a Draymond Green role as a playmaking big who plays off ball more. I think he would pair really nicely next to offensive-minded bigs with range like Sengun and Wood.

That being said, I don't see this deal happening, because neither side is going to feel like they're getting what they want out of the deal because of Wall's contract. Houston and Stone aren't going to want to give up assets to move on from Wall, because it's like they're hurting the rebuild just to move a veteran player. But that's what it's going to take, and Morey won't just take on that putrid contract without significant assets attached.

Like, I would do Wall, two unprotected firsts and other smaller assets like House, 2nds, a future swap, etc. in a heartbeat. But once you throw in that third first rounder, you're basically giving up your haul from the Harden trade, and you're dealing assets to move on from Wall's contract. I think it would take three firsts and more to swap Simmons for Wall. Like you could offer Philly a deal of Wall, Houston's unprotected first 2022, two of the Brooklyn/Milwaukee picks and someone like Jae'Sean Tate, and I still think Morey hangs up the phone. And I wouldn't want to do that deal if I was Stone either.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Evans32

Evans32 Member

Not a philly fan at all, I just have no problem with the rox taking a gamble on Simmons, at the end of the day we’re still going to be a horrible team, And I don’t mind trading Wood after his first season and he’s not a max player at all, Rockets would be more exciting with Simmons, Green, KPJ

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Wall+House+Bucks pick (top 10 protected)+Nets 2024 pick (top 10 protected) is my max offer.

D-rock likes this.