1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s philosophy like Joe Chee could potentially guard Kevin Durant
    And there’s reality that he made it to some scrub league in Australia

I speak from the realist point of view
    Because 99ers are real

I mean everyone should stop smoking weed at concerts but they still do it

the dude they hired for $15 an hour to ask for your card doesn’t care

2. SuraGotMadHops

Your analogies are not valid. If you are vaxed you are protected from severe illness, the numbers are abundantly clear. If that is not enough for you, then you are free to wear an N95 and go where you want. If that is still not enough for you, stay the eff home. Sorry you don't want life to go on. Many do.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your argument doesn't take into account the children and unvaccinated. The number are abundantly clear. Vaxines work.

You also presented a straw man. Nowhere did I suggest I didn't want life to go on. I absolutely do, which is why I wish everyone would get vaccinated that is able to. I could accuse you of not wanting life to go on because of your unwillingness to support vaccine requirements, but I won't because I know that's not your purpose. It is however, a reality that our re-opening and something closer to normal will be hampered by unvaccinated folks

Andre0087 likes this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

Isn't it clear life has already gone on? Exhibit A- Full stadiums. Why does that bother you? The vaxed are protected, unvaxed assume their own risk. Done.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Because people who are vaccinated are dying because they can't get into ICU because unvaccinated people are using the resources.

Because children are losing parents because they aren't vaccinated.

Why doesn't that bother you? Why are you okay with a vaccinated person dying from pneumonia because they can't get into ICU because the spaces were all taken because of the unvaccinated?

6. SuraGotMadHops

Because what you are saying is exaggerated out the ass. It's scare tactic rhetoric and you buy into like a fool. Very few vaccinated people are getting severe illness. If an unvaxed parent dies because of their own choices wtf does that have to do with me? That's their life, not mine.

You cannot force a person to get a shot, that will never happen, and people thinking that can be done are wasting their breath. It's a useless position. Get the eff over it. You got your shot. Move on.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's been told all of this a million times. Anyone who can't see that remaining unvaccinated and fully engaging in public life without any precautions:
    • Fills up ICU beds
    • Puts children at undue risk of infection
    • Creates a breeding ground for more vaccine-resistant variants
    has a narrow definition of "liberty" that is synonymous with "selfishness"

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey brainiac people are forced to get shots every day to fully participate in public life. There are mandatory vaccines to attend public schools. There are mandatory vaccines to serve in the military. It can be done, and increasingly it will be done, because a bunch of deluded wingnuts are ****ing it up for everyone else.

9. SuraGotMadHops

I was talking about gov't itself mandating it for private citizens.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They don't give a **** until it's a problem for them.

Healthcare worker burnout? They signed up for that kinda work! I called them heroes and Essential. What more you want??
    Sick kids with unexpected covid symptoms? Not my children. Not weak. Don't tell me to do my job and masking them up! I'm not raisin no p*****s!
    Breeding ground for more variants? You callin me dirty?? **** you! Bidumb openin up borders with yer variants and you calling me dirty???

Then they b**** about the government failing them (everything that's wrong with Murca) and assume throwing everyone's tax money at "the problem" will fix things.

****ing self centered dipshits free-thinkers.

#8670 Invisible Fan, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  11. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Vaccination requirements to attend public school is the government mandating private citizens to get shots.

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

Those have been around for decades, quit playing semantics, you're not clever. You know exactly what I mean.

13. SuraGotMadHops

Blah blah blah, the preaching is getting old. You are no more noble than anyone else. And certainly no more noble than other people who got vaxxed and shut the f*** up about it, and carried on with their lives.

14. gifford1967

Supporting Member

You are such a moron. That is the whole ****ing point. The government has been forcing private citizens to get shots for DECADES.

You've just proven your own statement false. Christ.

superfob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

From the mojomein files...
    [​IMG]

16. SuraGotMadHops

I'm talking about the general populous cheesedick. Show me where an adult, like a self employed accountant somewhere in Idaho and his wife have been forced to take a vaccine, ever.

It's not a routine thing and it never will be. If it was it would.ve been mandated by now. Think deeper moron,

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There have been mandatory vaccinations throughout America's history.

The Long History of Mandated Vaccines in the United States
    Vaccines against smallpox during the Revolutionary War may have saved the Continental Army from defeat. It’s one example of how mandates have protected the health of Americans for more than two centuries.

https://www.governing.com/now/the-long-history-of-mandated-vaccines-in-the-united-states

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You couldn't be more wrong. I am speaking not based on any news story, tweet, or other media.

I'm speaking based on three different nurses and one doctor who work in New York, Los Angeles, and Kentucky. This is their personal experience and what they experience every day.

By the way the person, who died from pneumonia was a relative of one of the nurses. So perhaps, before making statements based on your ignorance and lack of knowledge, you might want to ask about the situation or where my information is coming from.

You are free to ignore the truth or pretend that it is just a scare tactic, but these stories are real and from people on the front lines. It is their daily routine.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They have been around for decades and have been successful. There is no reason to not continue and learn from what has already worked.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member