1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's a cool tool. Very useful. Would be interesting to see this tool extended to show new hospitalization cases and also current number of hospitalizations due to COVID-19.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's mind boggling to me to see these packed NFL and College football games when the daily US Covid deaths are twice as high as they were a year ago. Not a mask to be seen at this Browns game. Biden needs to take a National stance and stop this madness. Covid spreaders all over this country with screaming fans spreading the virus. It's ridiculous that this is happening.

Ziggy likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Singapore has a much more robust covid testing system than the US. Testing is absolutely important, but you can no longer compare # of new cases between countries due to the difference in testing between them. As more people get vaccinated, a better and more meaningful comparison is # of hospitalization and death.

Singapore has a strategy to live with covid months ago, accepting that it will be endemic but should be manageable through vaccination. When they reached 70% in early Aug, they started to relax restrictions. You can dine again, 50% of the workforce are allowed to return to the workplace. Now that there is a spike, they are not adding new restriction but has paused their plan to relax restriction more.

So while the # of cases (% rise, not raw) looks bad, if severe cases continue to be low while cases go up, it's great news and reassuring of the strategy to live with covid through vaccination.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ected-but-serious-infections-rising-at-slower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cdastros and AB like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he could declare war on football and drop a nuke on these stadiums. that would certainly clear out the riffraff

Astrodome, SuraGotMadHops and JumpMan like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ah yes, the old Trump hurricane buster technique

I hear covid is going to get worst in winter, a good thing the Democrats have already declared war on christmas.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

At my college age - doubt I would have cared either. Although I would have quarantined away from my parents for a few weeks.

I went to a concert here in Houston on Friday. Vaccine card or test required. Masks required. Was pretty cool. Masks are such a simple bare-minimum thing. I cant believe we're still at war over it.

deb4rockets and B-Bob like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

people don’t think it’s a big deal or are done with Covid and want to go back to normal

B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I guess those people don't realize deaths are twice as high now as a year ago. That's certainly a big deal. Done with Covid? Those types will be done before Covid is if they pretend it away.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I try not to be angry at the unvaccinated but when I talk to people I know that are health care workers and are overworked and have to see people dying and their families crying all day long as part of their shift because people didn't vaccinated, it sucks. Also when people have other conditions like pneumonia and die because there wasn't room in the ICU, due to the unvaccinated Covid19 patients, I can't help but get angry.

We're at the point where we know the science behind the vaccinations and one of them had FDA approval.

It's really crap that other folks have to die because some people refused to get vaccinated.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Vaccine passport is just for show
    I got asked twice and they didn’t even look i was showing them a whataburger coupon
    @Os Trigonum

SuraGotMadHops and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The biggest issue of factors right now imo is the combination of lack of vaccinations in certain areas (where the Republican makeup comes into play) and lack of open air ventilation due to summer months where people indoors in the AC gathered together.

That’s a big reason why Texas, Florida, and Arizona are going to be vectors for Covid in the Summer months for the foreseeable future. But NYC is a good example of how vaccination and masking can drastically help. NYC in the summer time is hot as hell in my experience and you just can’t avoid people indoors in close quarters with the AC going.

One things for sure, the one thing we can all do (besides getting vaccinated) is open the damn windows and do stuff outside once the weather cools down, and I think you’ll be drastically limiting your chances of exposure.

Haymitch and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. SuraGotMadHops

14. SuraGotMadHops

Stay home and let people be and make their own decisions.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol there’s a better chance of John Wall winning mvp
    Everyone is living their lives and I already told this ‘section’ here. It’s not political . People just want to do stuff . The giant music festivals are back , Chicago , LA, Vegas , Austin etc that’s like 100k
    Football, soccer baseball
    like 99% don’t care about cnn or Fox
    They just want to go out.

Astrodome likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I guess it depends on the venue. I was at an indie rock concert, not Ted Nugent unplugged. I don't think there were a lot of people interested in PULLING ONE OVER anybody. Lulz.

Outside of CNN, Fox News and social media, most people INSIDE THE LOOP are somewhat normal, although I still prefer dogs and 99'ers to the general pop.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

This was in another state(s) where big 12 member UH cougars don’t call home
    They didn’t really look at the card
    They just wanted to see paper

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This is ignorant. Our society has never worked like that. You don't tell sober drivers to stay home and let drunk drivers make their own decisions. You don't tell kitchen workers to make their own decisions about whether or not to wash their hands, use clean cookware when preparing dishes and just tell everyone to eat in restaurants at their own risk. You don't tell people to only use their headlights at night if its their choice and if other people are scared, they shouldn't drive at night.

Your argument is not valid.

Those that engage in risky and dangerous behavior are the ones that need to alter their behavior if they wish to participate in a society. Their decisions put others at risk, and capitalize the resources needed by others. It isn't up to other people to stay home if they don't want to deal with the risky behavior.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

People wanting to do stuff is one of the main reason people should have to be vaccinated.