1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Aside from salvy rambling to sht on harden, when it comes to kd vs harden, as a player u want as a cornerstone player on your team. It's not always100% kd.

Plus no point in James Harden’s life was he EVER better than Durant at basketball is not technically a correct statement, if I recall kd was out a season or 2 4 serious injuries. Unless u truly believe a hobbled kd is still better than harden.

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sorry then, If both are Healthy, KD is a superior player.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yes, of course teams, too. All parties need to respect the contracts - which, you know, is kind of the backbone for this whole business. If you can cite some way the rockets breached the terms of the contract with Harden, then by all means he should have enforced it. But there was none, that is why he went for the nuclear option and I find that distasteful and disgusting.

My joke about injuries and karma was misplaced and sorry about that. Forget that, I shouldn’t have said it. Harden is my favorite player for what he’s done for the Rockets, but even that won’t sway me from my position that these players need to start respecting the contracts. I hate this narrative that it is their “right” to do these things. What they should have done is negotiate better at the start of their engagement so that they would not be in this position. On a broader level, the player’s association and the owners will need to adjust to this situation during the collective bargaining agreement negotiations. Right now this is just unacceptable what players are doing. Sure, you can say teams have some fault or whatever if they fail to deliver, but the remedy cannot be to breach your contract. That’s absurd.

Jontro, Slyonebluejay and Easy like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Basically, the players want both the guaranteed money and the freedom to go wherever they want whenever they want.

pugsly8422, ParaSolid, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think players also want to know their franchise is going to do whatever it takes to help them.

Pretty big thing actually.

Slyonebluejay and Easy like this.
  6. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Entitled mentality

Jontro and Ramo$e like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Franchises wanting to know if their players are going to do whatever it takes to help them = par for the course.
    Players wanting to know if their franchises are going to do whatever it takes to help them = entitled mentality.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HP3, DatRocketFan, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

Employers paying employees millions to do their very best= reasonable

Employees cashing in millions but doing their very worst because they are unhappy: entitled

You see, teams draft players. Sign them to multimillion dollar contracts, provide them with a coaching a staff, trainers and pretty much everything possible for that player to be successful so they can help the team win all while the players continue to become amongst the richest in world for their natural talent at one specific thing.

Players don't draft teams, or pay the teams so that the team can be successful. Yes, a player who expects a team to give them their absolute very best and maximum ability to achieve the highest lvl of success for said sport without putting the effort or even try is entitlement. They are also free to go, they don't have to be in a situation they don't want to be in.

Slyonebluejay, Jontro and Ramo$e like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Poor kid.

You are so hurt from the beatdown, now you're deliberately going out of your way to make yourself look like an even bigger fool just to try and spite me.

The worst part is, the hill you're dying on makes absolutely zero sense. Zero.

Just log off for a few days and calm down. You'll do both yourself and Clutchfans a favour by not posting.

HP3 and vlaurelio like this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Even if we take the cynical view that each is using the other to make the maximum amount of money and is a purely business relationship, the contract and the CBA is supposed to be there to protect both parties' interests and keep everybody doing their end of the responsibilities.

What is happening in the NBA is not right and needs to be fixed.

ParaSolid likes this.
  11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

"Whatever it takes to help them" is far too subjective. We would've been better off not consulting Harden on personnel decisions; do you think that would've pleased him?

The NBA needs to get rid of max contracts and have a hard salary cap. That'd fix the problems.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why don't they just shut the league down while they're at it too! That'll show'em!

Max contracts aren't going anywhere buddy.

HP3 likes this.
  13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What's the purpose of this comment? To increase your post count? Because other than that, it's pretty useless.

14. Downtown Sniper

Oh I no doubt agree. I think it's ludicrous players on contract for 2,3,4 years can force their way out of a team.

Slyonebluejay and Easy like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've always felt that guaranteed contract is the root of a lot of evils. When you give someone guaranteed money regardless of how he performs, it creates so much room for abuse.

hakeem94, Jontro and Slyonebluejay like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Trying to wish NBA max contracts away is pretty useless.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Trying to wish Harden into a good playoff player is useless...

xtruroyaltyx and Ramo$e like this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LMAO!!! Poor Salvy. Still blaming Harden for the Warriors kicking the West's ass five years in a row. The guy is gone man. The Rockets team wasn't good enough. It's ok. it's new blood in town enjoy it.

HP3 and vlaurelio like this.
  19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Suggesting a solution to a problem is useless? You're a weird one.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Max contracts were negotiated between the owners & players, the NBA can’t just “get rid “ of max contracts and implement a hard cap.