1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Browns

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 17, 2021.

1. showa13

showa13 Member

Back to the game, it’s unfortunate that Tyrod got hurt, had the feeling he was getting heated up as soon as he pulled his hammy. I could’ve easily seen the Texans winning had he not gotten hurt. Mills looked unprepared more than anything, not Zach Wilson terrible but not good.

Defense couldn’t hold up against the run, but they were gassed and the browns have 2 high level starting caliber RBs.

Coaching still showing how much incompetence there was last year(see Bama barely beating Florida)

Prob lose on Thursday cause the Panthers are playing well(see good coaching)

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FO as*hole

Win and Phillyrocket like this.
  3. mario_v

mario_v Member

After watching the jets and Dolphins play today, why would deshaun want to go play for those teams? Lol.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

After seeing how good Tyrod looked in this system behind that o line, you'd think he'd want to play here..... but he ran out of masseuses here and that's his primary interest

everyday eddie and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk. I honestly think he could instantly make dem a way better team. Plus we r rebuilding also what's different from one rebuilding team from another beside talent which we lack. Plus he doesn't like the front office.

6. HTXSportsAddict

[​IMG]

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not going to lie I felt bad for the guys today. Sometimes you do everything you can and you just fall short. Gotta keep your head up and go hard with preparing for the next game.

Rudyc281, UTSA2step and B-Bob like this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'm interested to see how Mills does on Thursday. It seemed like he settled down in the 2nd half, so some of his 1st regular season game nerves were out of the way.

Got to give the kid credit of how he played since he hasn't practiced much with the 1st team.

Rudyc281, UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

The Jets are the Jets, but Miami has exponentially more talent than Houston. Especially if we got BoB to trade them their LT back.

So there's that. And it's Miami.

houston19519 and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Live your life the way you want, but stop telling others how to live theirs. Get vaccinated and stay at home the rest of your life if you like. Stay safe.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Miami all about dat ass.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

We basically punted on third down. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen in football.

The coach needs to just admit he had his head up his ass. Trying to justify that decision would just make him look even worse.

marks0223, King1, mario_v and 2 others like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

No trouble?

Colt45 and Cannonball like this.
  14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Can't believe this is where I am at, but Tyrod Taylor being hurt absolutely sucks. He was playing perfectly within this offense, and we were going to find ways to move the ball on pretty much anyone with him behind center. It was watchable, competent football, and I was cautiously optimistic and refreshed watching this team.

Davis Mills is ehhh. He may develop in a few years to be a decent starter, but he's nowhere near that yet. He is capable of some shock plays though, so this week is when Tim Kelly is really going to have to earn his paycheck.

Regardless, I'm less excited to watch this Thursday with Davis Mills, and I never in a million years thought my head would be in this place 2 weeks in.

15. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have been very encouraged by Taylor's play and him being hurt sucks, but ultimately he probably isn't the future of this football team anyway. He's a nice bridge to whoever it ends up being.

What has please me the most in these first two games was the O-line. I don't know that Jacksonville has much to threaten in the way of a pass rush, but Cleveland is no slouch in that front and they protected both QBs pretty well all game. That gives me hope that whenever we DO find that QB that can be the guy for the long term, they will be able to keep him clean.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I knew on that TD run Taylor got hurt.

Credit to the coaches because this team plays really well this is what it’s like to have actual coaches who actually coach.

I think we win Thursday if Mills doesn’t turn the ball over.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The kick returner was also absolute trash.

He muffed a punt and numerous times his decision to take the ball out of the end zone caused the team to be pinned deep by their own end zone rather than starting on the 25.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yep and that isn’t like Roberts

Bobbythegreat and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's the kind of fluke awful performance that led to the loss

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It really looked like he compounded his early mistake by trying to be a hero on normal kick offs and getting stopped at the 15.
    I can respect wanting to make up for your mistakes, but don’t do it by making more