1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If boosters aren't being rolled out for general US population, does that mean the US will do more to get vaccines to countries that need them? If we're not going to divert those resources to other countries, then I see no reason to deny boosters for people here.

Also, what prevents someone from going to a pharmacy and lying about whether they received a vaccine?

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Actually it's not. If FDA said go, they want to go immediately, not wait another month.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think they should, but they probably play it safe and keep it for now. The 3rd shot EUA for 65+ (40M) and those at risk could still be well over 100m. American aren't exactly healthy.

ps. They already sent out over 100m doses and recently said they will send out another 500m doses.

durvasa likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

They also "prepared" to innoculate everyone between ages 16-65. How much money, resources, etc was wasted for that?

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The type of covid resources I wish the Trump admin spent well ahead of time. Does that answer your question?

6. TheresTheDagger

Sounds like gaslighting to me.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's simple. Covid prep is well spent even if it turns out to be waste. And I doubt this will be wasted. 65+ and those qualify for 3rd shout EUA is probably still over 100M+. Then the rest can go to countries that are desperate for covid vaccines. Next.

BTW, covid is a new thing still. It could be that in a few months, the FDA comes back and said, oops... new data said let's boost everyone. Serious people need to think about all the possibilities and not just try to play gotcha game.

ElPigto, durvasa and jchu14 like this.
  8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Man oh man, I really hope Biden doesn’t just say screw the scientists, I know better and we’re gonna roll out boosters no matter what. Or fire everyone on the panel. Or in the FDA and CDC. Or suggest alternatives to booster shots.

9. cdastros

cdastros Member

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Glad I got Moderna...

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's actually a great tweet.

mdrowe00, ElPigto and B-Bob like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Pfizer was the right one back when I got the jab or so I thought.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lol I know people walking in saying it’s their first dose to boost

16. cdastros

cdastros Member

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I may be tempted to do this a few months from now. And there are quite a few people who got the J&J vaccine who are rightly feeling screwed over by this whole thing.

SamFisher likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I presume it's pretty easy to find a doctor who will prescribe a booster for you.

Overall though -the FDA is just horrible at communication and optics. Putrid. Awful

What their board is trying to get across i guess is something like "it would be bettee to get unvaccinated people first so we won't mandate boosters at this time" but the net effect of this message is that the antivax dipshits will use as yet another propaganda victory.

Between this and the inexcusable failure to approve 6-12 before school reopening it's really showing the limits of this agency.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

J&J said they are looking at potential booster 8M or longer after the primary shot (J&J shots rolled out in March). J&J said themselves that their primary shot did not "wane" for at least 8M in a small study. There is also lack of data give much less ppl have gotten J&J and it has only been 6M.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You don't need a prescription to get covid vaccine. People can do almost whatever they want. 3 shots, 5 shots, mix and match J&J, Pfz, Mod.

FranchiseBlade likes this.