1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

In other countries, they've switched between them. Even the FDA authorized mixed use between Pfizer and Moderna from the beginning (but it was for emergencies only). But there hasn't been any scientific reason why they can't mix.

In Canada, provinces have mixed them for a while now. They even mixed Astra Zeneca and Pfizer/Moderna here.

K LoLo likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Here in the US, it probably won't be an issue with availability or insurance with either of those.

Booster or not for the regular population is still up for debate amongst experts.

K LoLo likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

many of us are tired of your willful ignorance

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My friend got his first dose of Pfizer a few months ago. Then his card was in his work backpack that was stolen. He couldn’t get a record of getting the first shot. So, in order for us to make our trip to England next week, he got the J&J shot. Actually had little to no side effects and I wonder if that makes it more effective somehow.

5. leroy

Do you just pull this stupidity out of your ass? Most who are getting the Delta variant are vaccinated? In what universe do you think that’s true?

mtbrays, Phillyrocket and Andre0087 like this.
  6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

There's almost certainly no issue. In countries that mixed traditional vector vaccines with mRNA (usually Astra Zeneca and Pfizer/Moderna), they saw heightened immune responses compared to giving two mRNA doses. J&J is very similar to Astra Zeneca in its design so he is likely just fine.

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

[​IMG]

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

In every universe you & I live in.

Very odd that we live in a World where all of y'all would refuse to take this were Trump still in office.

I said then I wouldn't. Such political fodder.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Untrue...

Now if the vast majority of doctors and medical experts told me not to take it, I wouldn't, regardless of politics, but since the vast majority of doctors and medical experts agree the vaccines are safe, I have no problem taking it.

I think that is true of most people. Unfortunately, many Trump supporters are the ones not taking it. Some have concerns that are defendable. Most don't.

Andre0087 likes this.
  11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I started masking up and staying home when Trump was in office lol. I was fully intending to take the vaccine at the time.

At this point I wish the vaccine came out during Trump's presidency and Trump pushed it for a political win. More people would have taken it.

Blatz likes this.
  12. leroy

Where have I ever said I wouldn't? I honestly don't know anyone else that said that. We're not as impossibly stupid. We know trumpybear wasn't the one in the labs. Anyone who suggested injecting bleach wouldn't know how to spell mRNA...let alone how it's being used in these vaccines. We listened to the experts and followed the science.

Also, your flu numbers have nothing to do with your idiotic statement that vaccinated are more likely to contract COVID when literally all of the numbers show that an OVERWHELMINGLY high percentage of people with symptoms, in the hospital and in the ICUs are unvaccinated.

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not even joking, when I see some of fatty's posts I wonder if he's had a stroke. I'm constantly amazed that someone who is so cognitively impaired is able to navigate the normal activities of daily life. Wait, I just remembered his struggles with apple tv.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That’s a similar looking trend to the number of Apple users once they read your posts in the Ted Lasso thread.

15. dmoneybangbang

Obligatory...

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

His routine is he starts drinking then wants to rant about bs before he passes out.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The Most Alarming Problem about Long COVID - by Tomas Pueyo - Uncharted Territories

[​IMG]

The big takeaway is that there’s a high likelihood that the worst part of Long COVID is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. We can’t be 100% sure, but it looks like it, it smells like it, it tastes like it, and it sounds like it. Like traditional CFS, COVID CFS:

• Has the same symptoms.

• Also appears after a viral infection.

• Also affects women more, especially in their fertile years.

• Also seems to be caused by a combination of remaining virus and immune system gone awry.
    This parallel is important, because if it’s indeed true, it means COVID CFS

• Would be chronic.

• Has no known cure.
    And many people commit suicide because of CFS.

What’s your likelihood of developing it? About 2-3% of all unvaccinated people who get COVID will probably develop COVID CFS. This is true at all ages, and especially for the young and for women. We can’t rule out kids5.

The one thing we know that works against Long COVID’s CFS is vaccines. They probably reduce the danger of COVID’s CFS by 75-90%.

If you’re young and think “vaccines are not worth the risk” because your likelihood of dying was so low, consider that your likelihood of developing COVID CFS is about 3,000x higher than suffering from a bad vaccine side effect6.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is probably the most concerning aspect of COVID. If you have it, I am really sorry for you. So far, we’ve talked mostly about its deaths, but as deaths plummet thanks to vaccines, we have to start talking about this too since it affects young people who might not get vaccinated because the risk of deaths is not for them. The world is about to suffer the burden of millions of new CFS patients because of Long COVID. We need to limit that as much as we can.

Personally, I will remain vigilant: vaccines up-to-date, masks whenever I’m with lots of people, avoid long indoor events with crowds… I hope you do the same. Best of luck.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

B-Bob and Amiga like this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

FDA panel votes against Pfizer and BioNTech booster shot