1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Hot Chili Peppers vs. Faith No More

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Aug 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gotsis

gotsis Member

Its not even close, red hot chili peppers is a much better band, like said before here they have been playing great music since 1983...

not to mention the big variety of music styles they cover throughout their career.

I also think that faith no more fans overrate FNM due to the fact they are underated in terms of mainstream media..... so they overrate them because they are underrated. got it? ;)

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Didn't know you were a fellow drummer. Nice! :)

I prefer guys who play 'in the pocket' over guys who constantly feel the need to show off their amazing chops. That's why I'm such a huge Chad Smith fan. Dude can lay it down like few others.

Too bad I can't afford his signature snare, because his snare sounds just about perfect on every recording I've ever heard from him...

3. Landlord Landry

you must donate to the tipjar before having the privilege to spread some rep to moestavern19, you cheap ****.

4. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Somehow, I knew you were a drummer. I guess I'm just intuitive or something.

As far as drummers go, I really like those that play the right part for the right song. I guess that's why Gadd's my all time favorite.

I also like Chad Smith's sound. His pocket is deep, and
    I love his tasteful use of ghost notes.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Cool and agreed.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

thank you, I feel the same way. I love the Chili Peppers, but I cannot stand people totally writing them off after Slovak died. I like their stuff after him better. Their rap/rock stuff was Ok, but I found it irritating often times.

7. bmthint

bmthint Member

I don't see how people can say none of their stuff is good after one hot minute when Blood Sugar is the most amazing album ever.

8. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

That wasn't after One Hot Minute. It was the album before it. Californication came right after OHM. Everything after OHM, Blood Sugar and Mother's Milk all have John Frusciante on guitar. You can see the differences between the playing styles. Its most noticeable between him and Dave Navarro (One Hot Minute).

Navarro is good, but didn't seem to mesh well with them. Maybe it was for the best though. John's return on Californication was awesome. That whole album is outstanding. Even the lesser known tracks like Savior, Easily and Parallel Universe are great.

Not being funny, but really this vote doesn't seem fair. I can see some similarities in the style of the two bands, but its not really close as far as what each has done.

9. bmthint

bmthint Member

Yeah I was mistaken.. i thought OHM came before mother's milk and BSSM. I really did not like Navarro. He did not fit well with the Chilii's imo. Both Slovak and Frusciante are amazing... we did not get to hear enough of Slovak before he passed but Frusciante is one of my alltime fav guitarists ever and the way they have transitioned from funk to more melodic stuff with By the way and Stadium Arcadium while still being successful is awesome. Sorry but you can't compare such a great band to Faith No More.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I went down an 80's rabbit hole today on youtube and discovered this song from FNM. Surprisingly good song from an old band. You usually don't see this sort of music come out of a band past it's prime. (yes, I know it came out in 2015)

boomboom likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

12. MystikArkitect

Who is Faith No More

13. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

We Care A Lot

mikol13, tinman and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Lame.

RHCP vs Jane's Addiction in the mid/late 80's to early/mid 90's.

boomboom likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

They want it all but they can't have it.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Red hot chili peppers always makes me think of my chihuahuas pocket rockets

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

I grew up with these in my teenage years. RHCP is easily the better one.

But they both sounded very similar in their infancy.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

in anthonys book he admitted to having sex with a girl who he knew was 14.

and although i get why the RHCP are popular, its never a good thing when your frontman is the weak link - hes not a particularly good singer or lyricist.

and theres the whole multi-decade feud he has had against faith no more and mr bungle.
    https://rockcelebrities.net/the-sto...nthony-kiedis-and-faith-no-mores-mike-patton/

mikol13 likes this.
  19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

“The next day we drove to Baton Rouge, and of course, she came with us. After we got offstage, she came up to me and said, ‘I have something to tell you. My father’s the chief of police and the entire state of Louisiana is looking for me because I’ve gone missing. Oh, and besides that, I’m only fourteen.’

I wasn’t incredibly scared, because, in my somewhat deluded mind, I knew that if she told the chief of police she was in love with me, he wasn’t going to have me taken out to a field and shot, but I did want to get her the hell back home right away. So we had sex one more time.”

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member