1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It is expected that infection rates will go up in the North, as vaccine immunity wanes and boosters aren’t being given. The key thing to track will be hospitalizations and deaths. I’m expecting/hoping those to be better under control compared to what we saw in Southern states.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I didn't really want to make a comment about the video because I think it speaks for itself better than I can. And emotions are so high on both sides of this issue that it is not my intention to upset anyone.

The video is about a prominent covid doctor here in the Houston area. He is not antivax, and supports/encourages everyone getting vaccinated. But he also has a successful approach to those who become infected, whether vaccinated or not. While he has done over a 1000 of interviews, which anyone who watches any of the major news channels will have seen him since covid started; his methodology is still being ridiculed while he has been successful at saving more lives by percentage than most doctors or hospitals.

I assume that the video is hosted at the website I got the link (b****ute) from because YouTube or other media sensoring hosting sites will ban or take it down because of what he says in the video.

Judge for yourself if you care to watch it.

https://seed306.b****ute.com/nJZpoljWM26e/rvccR4Tg6fRS.mp4

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ironic?

It would be ironic if to save your life and those close to you the vaccine clip a major artery and you bled out.

#8525 No Worries, Sep 16, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Gioan Baotixita

Save your breath brother. I was being crucified in here for mentioning Ivermectin as a treatment as well preventions. These losers around here either are brainwashed or something else much more sinister.

They have no desire to learn the truth, all they are interested in is shaming people into taking the jab. I’m not against vaccines, but in a pandemic like this, you have to throw the kitchen sink at it.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

durvasa likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's not that hard. Wear a mask at all times if you're indoors in a public setting. Vaccinated or not.

The cluster**** comes when people don't want to wear masks and plead like little children at the backseat for exceptions.

I also believe that eating inside a restaurant is dumb if you're hypervigilant about masks and "don't trust duh vaccines".

So ****ing hard. A screencap meme is not worth 1k words.

11. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I think it's great that Dr. Varon throw everything he think that could help at the patient. Since Dr. Varon is the ICU doctor, the patients that he sees are generally already in pretty bad shape. The risk of using a drug off label is greatly outweighed by possible benefits. Though I don't believe the same calculation apply to patients not in critical care. For healthy people, the vaccine is the way to go.

Though do you have source for that he is saving more lives by percentage than most other doctors or hospitals? If his number significantly better, then there is definitely a need to investigate.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ken Paxton makes me sick. Might as well call him Dr. Death.

Screenshot_20210916-105445.png

Ziggy likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wearing a mask is such a simple gesture I cant believe we're still debating this, Jesus.

gatsby, No Worries, cheke64 and 2 others like this.
  14. FANfrom86toNow

People are too politized and calling concern for health. Even if you feel you are right about something, when half of your argument deals with the political aspects or characteristics of the person you are talking to, you are more likely to get the part of your argument that may be correct dismissed due to partisanship alone.

I'm more interested in multiple approaches to the pandemic that saves lives working with people wherever they are and whatever their views are. I think people who say that if you don't get the vaccine then if you get sick and die then it's "I told you so" or basically they don't care. Not everyone who is for vaccines feels that way, but you can find many posts on this board of people who do. That's the same as someone not caring about a teenager dying because they weren't wearing a seat belt when they should have known to do so, and also they aren't really for the development of autonomous driven cars that would have less accidents so that even those who won't wear a seat belt would die less because of much fewer accidents. A rational person can be pro seat belt and for the development of autonomously driven cars that reduce accidents greatly.

If you are pro vaccine, you can still encourage everyone to get the vaccine, but still want therapeutics developed to save lives for those that don't want to get the vaccine...instead of just calling them stupid and other names because that doesn't help anything.

From a political standpoint, I didn't like Trump and voted for Biden to get rid of Trump. So that's that. If Trump doesn't run in 2024, Biden will have a hard time getting my vote again, 95% chance he won't. To me he has screwed up the covid crisis on many levels, mostly just putting all his focus on vaccines only. Testing, masking, social distancing and better treatment research to stop more people from dying have all become 2nd class citizens.

Setting a goal to get 100% of the public vaccinated is unrealistic because 100% of the public is not vaccinated for ANYTHING. Herd immunity was promoted to happen around 70 to 80% of people vaccinated. I'll let each individual be the judge if that will work.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  15. FANfrom86toNow

Using a drug that is off label that has huge side effects maybe. But one that has been used successfully to treat other things IN HUMANS for over 40 years in over 3.7 BILLION PEOPLE around the world with much less side effects than even the vaccine, well we may not agree. Dr Varon is for people to get vaccinated, but he doesn't judge his patients and their intellect on whether they are vaccinated or not. He treats the vaccinated and unvaccinated the same, as human beings who are sick because they contracted covid.

The sources you want to see are in the 17 minute video in the link I posted. It's not a boring video, and good to watch if you want to give your opinion about what he does or doesn't do if you are not sure.

16. jchu14

I haven't heard of a single case of doctors treating unvaccinated people differently than a vaccinated patient. Random people on the internet talk about their frustration of unvaccinated people since the pandemic would be pretty much over in the US if everyone had gotten vaccinated. I don't know of a single doctor that would not do their best to help their patient because the patient is unvaccinated.

I watched the source, but was hoping for more details. The video also doesn't match the spoken words in the video. The images in the video shows death rate of intubated patients rather than just admitted.

The death rate of hospitalized patients in the TMC is around 8.9%, which is worse than the 6.7% of Dr. Vorin's patients. However, that does not control for the kind of patients that each hospital sees. UMMC is a relatively small hospital with only 20 ICU beds. Do they send the worse-off patients to the bigger hospital in the TMC when they run out of staff or supplies?

Ivermectin is used all over the world, but it's also used at a much much lower dosage usually. For parastics, it's commonly prescribed at 0.15mg/kg taken once per year. For MATH+ protocol, it's taken at 0.4mg/kg to 0.6mg/kg daily for 5 days or until recovered. That's minimum 13x more ivermectin than commonly used to treat parasites.

Taking ivermectin instead of the vaccine is dumb. Thinking ivermectin is a silver bullet therapeutic so you don't have to worry about getting covid is dumb. Keeping an open mind about a drug as a potential therapeutics in times of need is perfectly fine and should be done more often IMO.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good post. One might emphasize when discussing this drug, Ivermectin, and declaring that it is "one that has been used successfully to treat other things IN HUMANS for over 40 years in over 3.7 BILLION PEOPLE around the world with much less side effects than even the vaccine" that Ivermectin was and is used over that long stretch of time to treat parasites. In case those of you obsessed with Ivermectin haven't noticed, COVID-19 is not a parasite. COVID-19 is a virus.

There is an enormous difference between the two. I'm surprised that it is a fact that needs to be pointed out, but apparently it's a fact that some of you seem to not know, or chose to ignore.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. jchu14

Even though ivermectin is not an anti-viral, there is some in-vitro and computational evidence that ivermectin may be able to bind to the Sars-CoV-2 spike receptor-binding domain as well as part of the ACE2 receptor. So that may be the mechanism in which ivermectin could work.

https://iv.iiarjournals.org/content/34/5/3023.long
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I read both of the articles and certainly it's worth further study, but I'm not aware of approved clinical trials of the effect of Ivermectin, much less the results of those clinical trials. It hardly justifies people getting Ivermectin by hook or by crook and self-medicating for Covid-19. Particularly since many seem to view that as an alternative to simply getting vaccinated with one of what is now a handful of vaccines, one approved for the general public by the FDA.

I'm also not saying that you think self-medicating is a good idea, either! Thanks for the information.

jchu14 likes this.
  20. FANfrom86toNow

Based on the words out of Dr Varon's mouth from the video, the death rates he speaks of are over all of his patients, not just incubated. He specifically states that they try to never incubate if possible. But I'm not here to argue about death rates or to make points really. I'm just saying that this is a very recognized and respected Doctor with a different view of the non medical professionals on this board blasting methods that he is using; and he is having some success regardless of the reasons.

Also, I'm not sure if you are a doctor, but even if he is prescribing doses that are higher than the prescribed dose for parasites, he is a Doctor that can do that under his care. He is not some uneducated person out at the store buying animal drugs and giving it to his patients unsupervised, or advocating that. I don't understand that need to group all things that are remotely similar to be the exact same thing.

Again, calling people dumb is your right to do, but it's not going to make you safer by getting the people you call dumb to go take the vaccine. But if you and others think it will, please continue to do so.

Also, I'm not a doctor, nor did I call Ivermectin a silver bullet therapeutic so you don't have to worry about getting covid. Dr Varon speaks about his use of it in his video, as well as his overall approach; as well as studies that he believes have been peer reviewed that show it as not only both a theraputic, but that helps in prevention as well. You don't have to believe him if you don't want to, and I'm not asking you to believe me. The studies are out there and I did read a few of them, but honestly don't know whether they are facts or not. But calling people dumb because some believe what other Doctors are saying doesn't make sense to me. It is an ignorant action to take matters into your own hands and take animal drugs when you can go to the doctor and get prescribe human drugs, just like it would be ignorant to drink bleach.

For those that will not take the vaccine even if you put a gun to their head, if everyone wants to be safe, it's best to investigate other alternatives to do the best we can for overall public health.